Author Topic: Smoking increases chances of child being gay in adulthood, controversial study claims  (Read 594 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10582504/Smoking-increases-chances-of-child-being-gay-in-adulthood.html

Women who smoke or lead a stressful life during their pregnancy can influence their child’s sexuality and IQ, a neuroscientist has claimed.

A pregnant woman’s lifestyle is believed to have an impact on the development of their babies – with drinking, taking drugs and even living in an area with a lot of pollution affecting children in later life.

Dick Swaab, professor of neurobiology at Amsterdam University, suggests drinking and taking drugs can lower a child’s IQ while taking synthetic hormones and smoking can increase the likelihood of girls being lesbians or bisexual.

Having more older brothers is also thought to increase the chance that boys will be gay, possibly because of the development of the mother’s immune system to have stronger responses to male hormones with each son born.

“Pre-birth exposure to both nicotine and amphetamines increases the chance of lesbian daughters,” Swaab told the Sunday Times.

Offline happyg

I was a smoker when I had my kids in 1970-72&74. All weighed over 8 lbs., and all are happily married with kids. Most of my friends smoked back then, and had healthy, heterosexual kids. How do they come up with these studies?

Offline Rapunzel

I was a smoker when I had my kids in 1970-72&74. All weighed over 8 lbs., and all are happily married with kids. Most of my friends smoked back then, and had healthy, heterosexual kids. How do they come up with these studies?

I suspect "if" the numbers are increasd (I think they are, but who knows since in the "old" days people didn't go around flaunting they were homosexual) the reason is all the genetic modification of our food and hormones added to feed to fatten animals faster for market..  Hormones are all absorbed in the fat cells - you eat a fatty food you are eating those hormones... add in water that is full of hormones and drugs which are impossible to filter out out pee........ and there you have it... JM 2 cents.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776