Author Topic: Megyn Kelly to Anthony Weiner: ‘How can somebody with a secret like that go on TV and be that cocky?’  (Read 513 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/20/megyn-kelly-to-anthony-weiner-how-can-somebody-with-a-secret-like-that-go-on-tv-and-be-that-cocky/

Megyn Kelly to Anthony Weiner: ‘How can somebody with a secret like that go on TV and be that cocky?’

Posted By Brendan Bordelon On 11:11 PM 01/20/2014

Fox News host Megyn Kelly and former New York Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner butted heads yet again Monday night, with the disgraced mayoral candidate exploding after Kelly asked “how somebody with a secret like that could go on TV and be that cocky?”

It’s long been a question asked by the Fox anchor, who interviewed the opinionated congressman many times during his tenure in Washington D.C. Things often got heated between the two, and in December 2013 Kelly wondered aloud on “The Tonight Show” how embarrassment Weiner’s sexual escapades — which continued after his resignation from Congress and hurt his bid for mayor of New York City — failed to temper his extraordinary arrogance.

“I’m trying to understand how somebody with a secret like that could go on national television and be that cocky?” she asked, prompting a slack-jawed Weiner to stare mutely for a moment. “When you say that cocky you mean answer your questions?” he asked angrily. “And when you — let me ask — let me ask you something –”

Kelly then played a few choice clips of her prior encounters with Weiner — including one moment when Weiner swung his arms in impatient silence, angry because Kelly had “interrupted” him. The former congressman, however, remained unmoved:

WEINER: Listen to you. I mean honestly, listen to you.

KELLY: (Laughing) It’s me! It’s all on me!

WEINER: You wouldn’t let me — I was the guest on your show being asked questions, and you were talking over me the entire time. Let me ask you question do you think that’s good TV?

KELLY: I think getting answers to my questions is good TV.

WEINER: But let me ask you, do you think it’s good TV to interrupt someone when they’re talking?

KELLY: When they give non-responsive answers, you bet I do.

WEINER: That is horrible TV! I’m sorry.

KELLY: I don’t work for you. I work for the viewers. I don’t work for you congressman –

WEINER: I know but they can’t hear a word!

KELLY: I work for my viewers!

[Crosstalk]

KELLY: You try to hijack — no, you try to hijack the show!

WEINER: Do any of your viewers care what I have to say?

KELLY: Well, that remains to be seen.

But when Kelly switched gears to the scandals percolating in American politics — particularly Hillary Clinton’s Benghazi and Chris Christie’s George Washington Bridge — and how his own experience with scandal could shed some light, an entirely new Weiner emerged. “I’m certainly not a great person to arbitrate on how other people deal with their crises,” a measured and mild-mannered Weiner opined. “The rule that I learned is being truthful is always better than not.”

The Fox anchor was clearly struck by the sudden shift, trying to explain it at the closing of her program. “When you talk to him about something he felt objectionable — you know, any sort of politics — it was like ugh! [shaking arms] it was like that! Like that!” she said. “But whenever you mention his controversy it was [folding inward], ‘Uh, it was a personal failing.’ It was like two different guys, aggressive and submissive. I dunno if that was media training.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Weiner acts like an unruly child. Megyn got the better of him, but she should have b*tched slapped him a lot harder than she did. Someone will eventually knock the H out of him.

Online mountaineer

“When you say that cocky you mean answer your questions?” he asked angrily.
Sure. That's what she meant.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Weiner's career has obviously gone flaccid, but in retrospect, I'd rather have seen him as mayor of New York City than deBlasio...