Author Topic: Millionaire Congresswoman: Income Inequality is 'Existential Threat' to U.S.  (Read 1032 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/millionaire-congresswoman-income-inequality-existential-threat-us

Millionaire Congresswoman: Income Inequality is 'Existential Threat' to U.S.
January 20, 2014 - 1:14 PM
By Eric Scheiner

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), who is worth millions of dollars according to her congressional financial disclosure statement, says Congress needs to tackle income inequality because it “poses an existential threat to our nation and our way of life.”

On the House floor last Wednesday DeLauro said, “Every generation of leaders in this institution has faced their own time of testing. Whether it’s an economic panic, Great Depression, slavery, Jim Crow, Civil War, World War, Cold War. There are times when our country is confronted with a crisis that poses an existential threat to our nation and our way of life and Congress needs to stand up and act.”

“The test of our time is inequality,” DeLauro continued.  “It’s not too much to say that inequality threatens the continued existence of the middle class in America and even the American Dream itself.”

“The question before us now is: are we going to continue to be the land of opportunity, social mobility and the nation that forged the largest middle class in human history during the 20th century, or are we going to become a nation of very few haves and millions of have-nots?”

According to her congressional financial disclosure statement for 2012, DeLauro is worth between $5 million and $25 million. (The form’s requirements allow members to state ranges of value for their assets rather than exact values.)

In November 2013, the website Celebrity Networth listed DeLauro’s fortune at $20 million in its “Richest Politicians” category.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

The Hollywood crows were all saying the same thing in Sundance (to Jesse Watters of Bill O'Reilly) when Watters asked one if instead of taking away from the rich we help the poor to pull themselves up the response was stunned silence.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

I'm sorry but these wealthy liberal women sure tend to be wolf ugly.  Even plastic jobs, like Pelosi had, don't help.  When I think of liberal women, Helen Thomas and Ruth Bader Ginsberg come to mind. :3:

Offline mountaineer

Gee, how did she become so wealthy?

From Wiki:
DeLauro was born in New Haven, Connecticut, the daughter of Luisa "Louise" (née Canestri) and Theodore J. "Ted" DeLauro. Her father, and all of her grandparents, were Italian immigrants. She earned her high school diploma from The Academy of Our Lady of Mercy, Lauralton Hall in Milford, Connecticut. She earned a bachelor's degree from Marymount College in Tarrytown, New York, as well as separate master's degrees from the London School of Economics and Columbia University.

DeLauro worked as an administrative assistant and chief of staff for Senator Chris Dodd and executive director of EMILY's List before entering the House. ...

DeLauro is married to political strategist Stan Greenberg. ... DeLauro is one of the fifty richest members of Congress ...
Someone certainly found a lucrative career.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Millee

Betcha $1 she gave less than 10% to charity last year too.   :whistle:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm sorry but these wealthy liberal women sure tend to be wolf ugly.  Even plastic jobs, like Pelosi had, don't help.  When I think of liberal women, Helen Thomas and Ruth Bader Ginsberg come to mind. :3:

DeLauro would stop an 8 day clock for sure!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:49:30 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

DeLauro would stop an 8 day clock for sure!

When I went to undergrad school I worked on the railroad during the summers and can attest from real experience a car will not stop a freight train.  But I think she could stop not only an 8 day clock but a freight train, too. *bouche*

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Betcha $1 she gave less than 10% to charity last year too.   :whistle:

Not about to take that bet!  They are all about spending OTHER PEOPLE'S money! Not their own!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
So - which charity has she signed her pay over to?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline happyg

Offline Millee