Author Topic: Christie plummets in new poll, now trails Clinton in matchup..[imagine that!]  (Read 749 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/195987-poll-christie-drops-behind-clinton-in-2016-matchup

January 21, 2014, 12:15 pm
Christie plummets in new poll, now trails Clinton in matchup

By Mario Trujillo

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) has plummeted since the George Washington Bridge scandal in a head-to-head match-up against Hillary Clinton, according to a new Quinnipiac poll.

Christie dropped 9 percentage points in the poll, and now trails Clinton 46 percent to 38 percent in a potential general election matchup. That reverses a December poll that showed Christie leading Clinton 42 percent to 41 percent.

The biggest turnaround comes from independent voters. Christie bested Clinton among independents by 15 percentage points in December. Now he trails her by 1 percentage point.

The amount of voters who believe Christie would make a good president has also dropped by 14 points in a month. Thirty-five percent of people think he would make a good president — down from 49 percent in December.

Thirty-six percent of voters think he would not make a good president, up from 31 percent last month.

Even with his falling numbers, Christie still ranks ahead of other potential GOP candidates in a match-up against Clinton.

In a potential primary, Christie ranks in third place with 12 percent of the vote, behind Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.). Those numbers are largely unchanged from last month.

Christie apologized to voters in his state after emails revealed a top staffer was involved in a plan to close lanes on the George Washington Bridge last year as apparent political retribution on a local mayor.

He has fired a top staffer and said he had no prior knowledge of the closures.

New allegations from a separate mayor broke over the weekend. The mayor of Hoboken, N.J., accused Christie’s administration of threatening to hold up Hurricane Sandy relief funds, unless a private development was approved. Officials named by the Hoboken mayor have said the allegation is baseless.

Much of the poll was conducted before those allegations were made. 

Seventy-three percent of voters have heard something about the bridge scandal. And a majority of that group believes it damages Christie's 2016 ambitions. Thirty-four percent of people are less inclined to vote for him because of the scandal, while 39 percent said it does not affect their decision.

The poll surveyed 1,933 national voters and has a 2.2 percent margin of error.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Like Rush just said those damn Indies don't like their lanes closed...hehehe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Olivia

The media are in their Christie "take down" mode to make way for Hillary without any viable competition. 
The media will decide who is going to be the republican candidate, as usual.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

The media are in their Christie "take down" mode to make way for Hillary without any viable competition. 
The media will decide who is going to be the republican candidate, as usual.

Neither Christie or Hillary will play well long term, neither is that likeable when you start to listen to them...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Olivia

Neither Christie or Hillary will play well long term, neither is that likeable when you start to listen to them...

You're right about that but over half the country are in a zombie mode these days.
I can make a political comment in my SS class and they all look at me as if I'm speaking a foreign language. They know nothing! 
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

You're right about that but over half the country are in a zombie mode these days.
I can make a political comment in my SS class and they all look at me as if I'm speaking a foreign language. They know nothing!

It's because schools are more intent on teaching gay history and sex education than civics. Both civics and economics were required subjects when I went to school... you had to know about these things and be able to debate it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776