Author Topic: Wendy Davis Blames Her Opponent for News Story Questioning Her Biography  (Read 732 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/01/20/Wendy-Davis-Blames-Her-Opponent-for-News-Story-Questioning-Her-Biography

Wendy Davis Blames Her Opponent for News Story Questioning Her Biography
by John Sexton 20 Jan 2014

Wendy Davis has apparently settled on a plan divert questions about her biography raised over the weekend by the Dallas Morning News. In a responses sent to one news outlet and on Twitter, Davis and her allies are blaming her opponent Greg Abbott:

Two days ago, Abbott and his campaign sunk to a new low, making personal attacks on my family, my education, and my character. (1/4)
    — Wendy Davis (@WendyDavisTexas) January 20, 2014

Attacks won't work. Mine is the story of millions of Texas women who know the strength it takes when you're young, alone and a mother. (2/4)

These attacks show that Greg Abbott's completely out of touch with the struggles that I faced and so many Texans face. (3/4)

Like so many Texans, I'm proud of where I came from and proud of what I've been able to achieve through hard work and perseverance. (4/4)

Politico, which finally got around to mentioning the story late in the afternoon Monday, asked Davis to point to specific attacks by the Abbott campaign. Their response "We’ve had reporters independently verify these attacks are coming from Greg Abbott’s campaign." But as Politico notes, the author of the Dallas Morning News piece has already denied having spoken to anyone working with Abbott:

@jrotkoff Story was about Davis, not Abbott. And in researching, I talked to no - zero - Abbott people. They saw story this morn when u did
    — Wayne Slater (@WayneSlater) January 19, 2014

Meanwhile Annie's List, a group which has endorsed Davis for Governor, issued a statement which also blamed Abbott for the Dallas Morning News story:

Disputing the details of Wendy Davis’ life is especially offensive to the many Texas women who can relate to her story. In trying to tear down Senator Davis’ campaign and her personal story, Republicans are also tearing down all Texans who have overcome difficult circumstances. It’s clear Greg Abbott doesn’t understand Wendy Davis’ struggles and the struggles of millions of Texans, nor does he want to.

Davis and her allies are trying to make her out to be the victim of an unfair personal attack but there is no one to blame for her admittedly "loose language" but herself. If Davis had stuck closer to the truth there wouldn't be room to question her story.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Re: Wendy Davis Blames Her Opponent for News Story Questioning Her Biography
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:21:30 pm »
Typical liberal who blames the messenger for her lies.  Liberals will overlook her lies because murdering babies is the objective, and Wendy is an expert on that issue.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:24:29 pm »
What difference does it make WHO exposes a lie that SHE told?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 05:27:04 pm »
What difference does it make WHO exposes a lie that SHE told?

It doesn't make a difference. The messenger, rather than the message gets blamed.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 05:32:07 pm »
Romney has a horse and Christie blocked a bridge.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Millee

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 05:49:32 pm »
A dem lying is just resume-padding.   :shrug:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:59:11 pm »
So now we have met "Julia" and her name is really Wendy Davis.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 09:04:09 pm »
BTW in 2003 her then 12-year-old child petitioned the court to place her under the conservatorship of her father, Jeffrey Davis.  Her husband cashed in his 401K and took out loans to pay for her Harvard education, BTW, and the restraining order her husband obtained against her - for himself and their child (Dru) at the same hearing is pretty damning.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776