Author Topic: Just a note about something that's bothered me  (Read 7852 times)

Offline olde north church

Just a note about something that's bothered me
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:56:23 am »
I'm not much for "girly" men.  I don't associate with them.  Anyway, there seems to be this thing lately among Conservatives about Vlad Poot-Poot. 
"He's a real man!  Hunting and fishing with his shirt off.  Wrestling tigers while we have Mr. Great Gazoo Bike Helmet and "flap hand limp wrist" while two men wrestle on the White House lawn."
Well, they can't all be Teddy Roosevelt or Andrew Jackson or Millard Fillmore and we have to take the bad with the good.  So we can't get angry at the Leftists when they talk about dictators "taking charge" when some of our own people have wet dreams about a President Putin.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Just a note about something that's bothered me
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:03:16 pm »
I don't think it is so much "he's a real man" though I'd sink a few with him and go hunting happily enough.

Putin is competent. Formidably so. It does have it's appeal after 5 years of failure - even though he's pretty much the opposite of what America stands for. He stands for something. Obama stands for nothing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 03:08:28 pm »
I understand your concern. It does seem a bit unsettling how some online presences glorify Putin.

My comment on Mr. Putin was something like: I know he's a bad guy. I would never want him or someone like him as president. But, I wish our president loved his country the way Putin seems to love his country.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 03:22:35 pm »
There has been quite a disturbing glorification of Putin among the Paleoconservatives.  I was recently asked to sign a letter lauding Putin's views on morality and tradition from a group of American academic Paleocons.  They are sending people to Sochi with the intent of delivering the letter to Putin personally.  I refused to sign, but was surprised at some of the names of colleagues who did sign it.  I think there is a frustration among Paleo-types with the rapidity of cultural decline, and so they are grasping at straws.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/putins-paleoconservative-moment/

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 03:50:11 pm »
Mr. Great Gazoo Bike Helmet

I resemble that. You must edit out comparing me to the pansy ass mom jeans Obama, riding his bike like pee wee Herman and Richard Simmons all rolled up into one!
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline LambChop

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 03:57:41 pm »
I'm not much for "girly" men.  I don't associate with them.  Anyway, there seems to be this thing lately among Conservatives about Vlad Poot-Poot. 
"He's a real man!  Hunting and fishing with his shirt off.  Wrestling tigers while we have Mr. Great Gazoo Bike Helmet and "flap hand limp wrist" while two men wrestle on the White House lawn."
Well, they can't all be Teddy Roosevelt or Andrew Jackson or Millard Fillmore and we have to take the bad with the good.  So we can't get angry at the Leftists when they talk about dictators "taking charge" when some of our own people have wet dreams about a President Putin.

Personally I think Putin's a jackass who likes to "pretend" he's a manly man.   But hey, I'm just an American Patriot, what do I know?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 03:59:39 pm »

Obama is a pansy ass, get over it.  :rolling: Stop your  :baby:

Obama is known as weak, Putin as strong leaders. Obama is a pansy ass and fails on foreign affairs.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline LambChop

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 04:21:33 pm »
Obama is a pansy ass, get over it.  :rolling: Stop your  :baby:

Obama is known as weak, Putin as strong leaders. Obama is a pansy ass and fails on foreign affairs.

It's not a question about the "metro-sexual" in US Presidency office.  It's a question about US patriotism and drooling over the former head of the KGB...... but continue on COMRADE.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 04:28:06 pm »
BTW if you are referring to Putin getting more respect. Go research wikipedia. Putin beat the communist in the election. Obama is more left than Putin.

Old red China may be pulling our chain appearing less left- as their long spoken plan of turning America communist has come to light. Google the new communism movement in America. You will see the black panthers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Communist_Movement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3nXvScRazg
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:31:40 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 05:09:42 pm »
It's not a question about the "metro-sexual" in US Presidency office.  It's a question about US patriotism and drooling over the former head of the KGB...... but continue on COMRADE.

Obama is a gay, bisexual, heterosexual, metrosexual potpourri of pure radicalism. He is everybody to get massive appeal and votes. He totes everything but a gun and Holy Bible. He is a radical black theologian, racist that thrives on divisive race-baiting AND social warfare. He is everybody-Farrakhan, Wright, Lucifer and Alinsky all wrapped into one half-black untouchable package. Kindly, see my last post and go study the political ideology comparison of Obama v. Putin;  before you call me comrade again, fool.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:16:40 pm by Gazoo »

Offline LambChop

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 05:40:57 pm »
Obama is a gay, bisexual, heterosexual, metrosexual potpourri of pure radicalism. He is everybody to get massive appeal and votes. He totes everything but a gun and Holy Bible. He is a radical black theologian, racist that thrives on divisive race-baiting AND social warfare. He is everybody-Farrakhan, Wright, Lucifer and Alinsky all wrapped into one half-black untouchable package. Kindly, see my last post and go study the political ideology comparison of Obama v. Putin;  before you call me comrade again, fool.

AGAIN.... FAWNING OVER PUTIN IS UNPATRIOTIC..... PERIOD.    NO MATTER WHO IS IN THE WHITE HOUSE....... COMRADE

No, go find your red shirt and tell us all how much you admire Putin.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 05:48:29 pm »

AGAIN.... FAWNING OVER PUTIN IS UNPATRIOTIC..... PERIOD.    NO MATTER WHO IS IN THE WHITE HOUSE....... COMRADE

You must admit though.....it's peculiar that the Russian leader seems to be more concerned about keeping us out of a Middle East war than our current radical poser in chielf.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LambChop

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 05:57:20 pm »

You must admit though.....it's peculiar that the Russian leader seems to be more concerned about keeping us out of a Middle East war than our current radical poser in chielf.

I'm sure he has his reasons, none of which have us in his best interest.  I find the man to be a fake.  Hiding something ugly.

As for Obama..... bring on 2016.  The man has the spine of a jellyfish.  He belongs in the 60's with the rest of the peace, love, and understanding crowd.  This is the real world, and it's much harsher than the world was then.

*addition*   The original post is about all the luv Putin is getting here in the states, and how the original poster is uncomfortable with it (I think that's what they were getting at)   As an American I don't see where I HAVE to make a choice between our leader Mr. Cuddly Squishy and their leader Mr. Ain't I a manly man beast, and have prop photo's to prove it

I'll suffer through the remaining time of this Presidency, spread the conservative word, and cast my vote come 2015.  But I will never, ever turn my back on my country and gush over a Russian president.  Specially this one.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:09:53 pm by LambChop »

Offline Relic

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 06:07:42 pm »
I'm sure he has his reasons, none of which have us in his best interest.  I find the man to be a fake.  Hiding something sinister.

As for Obama..... bring on 2016.  The man has the spine of a jellyfish.  He belongs in the 60's with the rest of the peace, love, and understanding crowd.  This is the real world, and it's much harsher than the world was then.

2016 holds no relief.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 06:21:46 pm »
I will never "gush" over a communist, whether Vlad Putin or Barry Obama. But at least Putin doesn't hate his own country. That's not an expression of admiration for him. It's an expression of just how disgusting and worthless Obama is as president.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 06:26:57 pm »
Obama unfortunately represents what too many men have turned into in this country and schools are trying to make certain all boys become as men...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Olivia

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 06:36:35 pm »
I will never "gush" over a communist, whether Vlad Putin or Barry Obama. But at least Putin doesn't hate his own country. That's not an expression of admiration for him. It's an expression of just how disgusting and worthless Obama is as president.

goopo
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 06:36:54 pm »
2016 holds no relief.

Not true.  The midterm Congressional elections are vital to pay attention to, and for the Republicans to get out and support as many new faces in Congress as possible.

Fire them all.  Start fresh.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 07:05:45 pm »
Not true.  The midterm Congressional elections are vital to pay attention to, and for the Republicans to get out and support as many new faces in Congress as possible.

Fire them all.  Start fresh.

:amen: :amen:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 07:18:23 pm »

You misinterpreted Gazoo's post entirely. Obama is an enemy of the state, who got elected under false pretenses. He does not like America, particularly white Americans. On the other hand, Putin is what he is. He loves his country, and though I don't aspire to his kind of government, Obama does, and more. If Obama were a dictator in any other country, he would be as bad or worse than the current crop. He goes as far as he thinks he can, but would love to go all the way with his distorted philosophy. In that regard, I would take Putin over Obama any day. I am no red shirt, but just as patriotic as you, and as religious. I love my country and so does Gazoo.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 07:30:13 pm »
 goopo

Offline LambChop

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 07:36:20 pm »

You misinterpreted Gazoo's post entirely. Obama is an enemy of the state, who got elected under false pretenses. He does not like America, particularly white Americans. On the other hand, Putin is what he is. He loves his country, and though I don't aspire to his kind of government, Obama does, and more. If Obama were a dictator in any other country, he would be as bad or worse than the current crop. He goes as far as he thinks he can, but would love to go all the way with his distorted philosophy. In that regard, I would take Putin over Obama any day. I am no red shirt, but just as patriotic as you, and as religious. I love my country and so does Gazoo.

I really didn't misinterpret anything.  Even if Clay Aiken *god help us all if he were* was in The White House, I would not put Putin above him.  Russia is the enemy, Putin is their leader.

And the OP is exactly about Putin and the press he gets here in the US.  NOT about Obama.  It's exactly the "he's better than...." that is disturbing.  He is the Russian President. Period.

It's the hearts and minds that get overthrown first.  Any endearing of a Russian president is well, a slow walk to the Kremlin

Offline happyg

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 07:41:34 pm »
It's the hearts and minds that get overthrown first.  Any endearing of a Russian president is well, a slow walk to the Kremlin

Obama is doing just that.  Obama is actively and intentionally trying to destroy America. How do you expect us to react to him? I don't endear myself to Putin, but when you compare him to Obama, Putin is the better man. It hurts to say that, but the truth sometimes hurts.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 07:44:19 pm »
Obama is doing just that.  Obama is actively and intentionally trying to destroy America. How do you expect us to react to him? I don't endear myself to Putin, but when you compare him to Obama, Putin is the better man. It hurts to say that, but the truth sometimes hurts.

Yep. I trust Putin far more than Obama, and that is not exactly unique over here.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline happyg

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 07:51:19 pm »

Putin was never the head of the KGB, but an underling in the organization as a mid-level agent in the Soviet KGB's foreign intelligence wing.