Author Topic: Just a note about something that's bothered me  (Read 7882 times)

Offline olde north church

Re: Just a note about something that's bothered me
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 07:58:36 pm »
Let me expand just a bit.  Think about those who consider sharia punishments for murderers, rapists and thieves also.
I think it's a matter of frustration with a system they see as broken.  No responsive and a lack of justice.  Remember those "Death Wish" movies?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline LambChop

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 08:04:46 pm »
Obama is doing just that.  Obama is actively and intentionally trying to destroy America. How do you expect us to react to him? I don't endear myself to Putin, but when you compare him to Obama, Putin is the better man. It hurts to say that, but the truth sometimes hurts.

I understand "the progression of a conversation".  Just to get that straight.
But the OP was not comparing Putin to Obama.

I don't feel the need to compare them either.  Why so many conservatives do feel the need is confounding.
Why must they "sleep with the enemy" in order to show their dissatisfaction?  It goes against everything I believe in.  Sorry.  Just the way I am.  I don't feel the need to say a damn thing nice about some commie just to show my disgust with our own politics.

And I feel it unpatriotic to do so. 

but y'all carry on..... it's a slow walk to the Kremlin but the distance is getting shorter and shorter

Offline LambChop

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2014, 08:09:10 pm »
Let me expand just a bit.  Think about those who consider sharia punishments for murderers, rapists and thieves also.
I think it's a matter of frustration with a system they see as broken.  No responsive and a lack of justice.  Remember those "Death Wish" movies?

:beer:

Very good point!!!
Just because what you have isn't working for you, doesn't mean you jump to the side of the enemy. 

*and point taken on the Putin thing, I may be slow to concede but when I do I'll admit it*

:pondering:

Offline happyg

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 08:10:01 pm »
but y'all carry on..... it's a slow walk to the Kremlin but the distance is getting shorter and shorter

This is a conservative, patriotic site. Your insults are getting old, particularly when you lack critical thinking skills to delve into what posters are actually saying, and interpret them in an unflattering light. We have an evil man as president, and the comparison does not make Putin look better, but makes Obama's ideology stand out for the what he really is. It is not a compliment for the president of the U.S. to be compared to Putin. The entire world sees, what you prefer to deny.

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:45 pm »
This is a conservative, patriotic site. Your insults are getting old, particularly when you lack critical thinking skills to delve into what posters are actually saying, and interpret them in an unflattering light. We have an evil man as president, and the comparison does not make Putin look better, but makes Obama's ideology stand out for the what he really is. It is not a compliment for the president of the U.S. to be compared to Putin. The entire world sees, what you prefer to deny.

That was my point and it's a bit frightening.

Offline LambChop

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 08:37:05 pm »

Ah the old "you lack critical thinking skills" mantra.  When will those like you ever get a new line.

And as much as I see the point ONC is making, I don't see why it's OK to have a "crush" on a Russian President as many do.

If what I'm saying is offensive, you should ask yourself why?  Why are you so offended with this?  Do you question why you are even comparing the two.   I don't give a hoot what the rest of the world thinks.  I do care about fellow Americans elevating a Russian President though.  It's wrong.  Period.

But as in ONC's point was clearly showing... it's wrong to even entertain sharia law even though our own legal system is broken.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 08:38:12 pm »
I don't see why it's OK to have a "crush" on a Russian President as many do.
There are two pages of responses. How many people here declared a crush on Putin?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2014, 08:38:20 pm »
That was my point and it's a bit frightening.

It is frightening. I know exactly what you mean. Happy did an excellent job of explaining for me in my absence.
It is a very in-depth geo-political discussion that certain people need to study before throwing about names at people such as comrade

It is utterly ridiculous to call anyone comrade in this discussion.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:49:05 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 08:42:40 pm »
If what I'm saying is offensive, you should ask yourself why?  Why are you so offended with this?  Do you question why you are even comparing the two.   I don't give a hoot what the rest of the world thinks.

I'm not offended, but find your assertions ridiculous, that doesn't even come close to describing the posters, including myself. It is you who is missing the point, and you who have your panties in a wad without merit. We are on the same page politically, but express ourselves differently, and that is what is offensive to you, not me.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2014, 08:57:14 pm »
It is utterly ridiculous to call anyone comrade in this discussion.

I dunno - I'd call you comrade and share a foxhole with you (No peeking during "private time!" It's a bit gross for both parties.)

Lighten up folks?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2014, 09:01:21 pm »
I work with Russians, Georgians and others from the former Soviet Union. They're a great bunch of people. They're freedom loving capitalists and are hard-working and inventive. Americans have much in common with them.

Russia is not the enemy, the former Soviet Union was. In fact, I would venture that today America is more like the former Soviet Union then contemporary Russia is. Among other things they are not hamstrung with political correctness nor do they try to shut out religious expression among the people like our government does.

Today Russia and America have a common enemy, radical Islam. Ever wonder why Russia also has an Islam problem? It's because of modernity. Russia embraces modernity and Islam wants to force the modern world back to the dark ages.

If you stop looking at Russia through the old Cold War prism you'll see a people with a lot in common with us. They could end up being one of our best friends in the region.

Offline LambChop

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2014, 09:04:28 pm »
You know what's frightening and offensive?  That more people don't have this reaction:

There has been quite a disturbing glorification of Putin among the Paleoconservatives.  I was recently asked to sign a letter lauding Putin's views on morality and tradition from a group of American academic Paleocons.  They are sending people to Sochi with the intent of delivering the letter to Putin personally.  I refused to sign, but was surprised at some of the names of colleagues who did sign it.  I think there is a frustration among Paleo-types with the rapidity of cultural decline, and so they are grasping at straws.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/putins-paleoconservative-moment/

But instead have this reaction:

Obama is a pansy ass, get over it.  :rolling: Stop your  :baby:

Obama is known as weak, Putin as strong leaders. Obama is a pansy ass and fails on foreign affairs.

When all the OP did was bring up the fact that they are a little bothered by the glorification of Vlad Poot-Poot.

I understand your points... you're dissatisfied with our current political culture.... the point you all fail to recognize, whether on purpose or not, is that it's a slow but sure way of swinging a country around to the other side.... don't like what you've got, hey look what we've got here.  A shirtless manly man who wrestles tigers *prop* and hunts *prop* and all sorts of stuff.  And he's very conservative too.  *wink wink* 

It's all superficial BS.   And I find it offensive to speak positively of Putin over the USA.  Period.

But hey.... as I've been told, I lack critical thinking skills... so no point in carrying on.  You all have a nice day.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2014, 09:06:53 pm »
the point you all fail to recognize, whether on purpose or not, is that it's a slow but sure way of swinging a country around to the other side.... don't like what you've got, hey look what we've got here.
We realize it just fine. No one here has said we wish Putin was our president.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2014, 09:20:10 pm »
I work with Russians, Georgians and others from the former Soviet Union. They're a great bunch of people. They're freedom loving capitalists and are hard-working and inventive. Americans have much in common with them.

Russia is not the enemy, the former Soviet Union was. In fact, I would venture that today America is more like the former Soviet Union then contemporary Russia is. Among other things they are not hamstrung with political correctness nor do they try to shut out religious expression among the people like our government does.

Today Russia and America have a common enemy, radical Islam. Ever wonder why Russia also has an Islam problem? It's because of modernity. Russia embraces modernity and Islam wants to force the modern world back to the dark ages.

If you stop looking at Russia through the old Cold War prism you'll see a people with a lot in common with us. They could end up being one of our best friends in the region.

Applause. Very well said! There is always the but though...

but Putin was former KGB and communist.

They all were though when it comes down to it. Once a commie always a commie? or not?

The American progressive liberals in 2008 (before Obama) loved to throw up in discussion; that we are way past the cold war of communism in Russia and we live in the 50's all because we wanted to show strong leadership. It is odd, that now I find the progressive liberals in vile hate of Russia because Putin banned the rainbow flag. If you study demoralization; promoting gay causes is paramount to communism. Putin is doing the opposite and Obama and the progressive dems are the new communist.  Some seem to love to scream the word communist regarding the former Soviet Union, Yet they fail to see what is right in front of their faces with the progressives in America.

DISCLAIMER: I don't care if someone is gay, nor do I care what anyone does in their bedroom but promoting homosexuality as a form of a religion  like a cult in politics; is progressive politics in demoralization.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:57:45 pm by Gazoo »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 09:20:33 pm »
Ah the old "you lack critical thinking skills" mantra.

I didn't mean to imply you lack critical thinking skills in the normal sense, but when it relates to the posters on this site. Once you get to know them, you get a better idea about where they are coming from. I prefer to think most BR posters have the best of intentions, rather than throw them to the dogs. Using terms like red shirts and comrades are intentional insults and don't apply here.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2014, 09:24:15 pm »
Using terms like red shirts and comrades are intentional insults and don't apply here.

....worth repeating
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2014, 10:02:01 pm »
I really didn't misinterpret anything.  Even if Clay Aiken *god help us all if he were* was in The White House, I would not put Putin above him.  Russia is the enemy, Putin is their leader.

And the OP is exactly about Putin and the press he gets here in the US.  NOT about Obama.  It's exactly the "he's better than...." that is disturbing.  He is the Russian President. Period.

It's the hearts and minds that get overthrown first.  Any endearing of a Russian president is well, a slow walk to the Kremlin

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, LC. but I disagree.

Sometimes in using Putin in contrast to our Dear Leader, we highlight his unbridled love of his country and for his people.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:02:45 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2014, 10:15:29 pm »
In the New Yorker interview last weekend, Obama mocked AQ and basically dared them to attack us.  Our President is stupid to the dangers radical Islam is to the world, Putin recognizes it.  In that regard I do wish our president was more like Putin.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2014, 10:29:25 pm »
You know what's frightening and offensive?  That more people don't have this reaction:

But instead have this reaction:

When all the OP did was bring up the fact that they are a little bothered by the glorification of Vlad Poot-Poot.

I understand your points... you're dissatisfied with our current political culture.... the point you all fail to recognize, whether on purpose or not, is that it's a slow but sure way of swinging a country around to the other side.... don't like what you've got, hey look what we've got here.  A shirtless manly man who wrestles tigers *prop* and hunts *prop* and all sorts of stuff.  And he's very conservative too.  *wink wink* 

It's all superficial BS.   And I find it offensive to speak positively of Putin over the USA.  Period.

But hey.... as I've been told, I lack critical thinking skills... so no point in carrying on.  You all have a nice day.

I don't know you at all. You don't know me at all. If you looked at my post history you would see I don't like to argue and pick fights over inane silly crap  like you do. You are all over the place in your post history and seem to always rue over everyone. You are not worth the time it took for me to post this.

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2014, 10:51:28 pm »
I don't know you at all. You don't know me at all. If you looked at my post history you would see I don't like to argue and pick fights over inane silly crap  like you do. You are all over the place in your post history and seem to always rue over everyone. You are not worth the time it took for me to post this.

I forgot all about you Gazoo (gesunheit!) but it wasn't purposeful, trust me.  The head gear thing.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2014, 11:09:14 pm »
Wrestling tigers while we have Mr. Great Gazoo Bike Helmet

:rolling:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:16:10 pm by Gazoo »

Offline flowers

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2014, 12:01:55 am »
In the New Yorker interview last weekend, Obama mocked AQ
I saw that. Why would did he do that? Yep I know he is a childish  pile. But why did he do that? Is AQ his muzzie bros enemy's?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:04:33 am by flowers »

Offline happyg

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 12:21:42 am »
I saw that. Why would did he do that? Yep I know he is a childish  pile. But why did he do that? Is AQ his muzzie bros enemy's?

The State Department is allowing MB's into the country without checking them out first, he really is trying to see to it we are attacked again.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2014, 12:33:11 pm »
The State Department is allowing MB's into the country without checking them out first, he really is trying to see to it we are attacked again.

It is surreal. Obama is also releasing Guantanamo terrorist prisoners. I guess the million dollar soccer field and state of the art court house  with central air conditioning for military tribunals, was not good enough. Obama is usurping the military tribunal decisions via EO, not only letting terrorists free. But the same al-qaeda terrorist(s) that attacked Benghazi.  No wonder the NYTimes lied for Obama regarding the Benghazi story. They knew this info. was coming out. No one cares or is talking about this.

But Romney has a horse and Christie closed a bridge.