Author Topic: Queen hands over the reigns to Prince Charles - historic step closer to a new king  (Read 2526 times)

Offline musiclady

I agree.  When she finally departs this earth, many people are going to start to realize what they lost.

Indeed.

Even from this side of the pond, Elizabeth II is a treasure.

I hope she out-reigns Victoria and stays in the best of health while she's doing it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline raml

Personally I don't much care who comes after this Queen. I really like Queen Elizabeth she had to grow up fast and she did with grace and intelligence but I am not to fond of any of her children I think they ended up spoiled brats. Diana I really liked as a celebrity but I wasn't married to her and agree with EC she didn't seem to have common sense which even if your smart you won't come off smart if you don't have it and her petty cripes probably drove Charles mad. Charles just turns my stomach when I look at him but I do like him a bit more as a father than I did when he was married to Diana he did take up the task and did pretty well with it when she died. I think Camilla has been good to his sons at least they say that whether it is true or not. I really don't care what happens to her or Charles. I think William would step up to the task whenever it is asked of him he and his wife Kate seem to be two mature intelligent adults.

Online mountaineer

Prince Harry 'drank champagne out of a prosthetic leg and told 'filthy' jokes that shocked Hollywood actor Dominic West' while others danced naked around the South Pole during polar adventure

Prince Harry appeared at Walking With The Wounded press conference
He appeared at event without the beard he grew during the charity trek
Prince started to grow beard during his three weeks on the ice
Walking With The Wounded aims to help wounded and injured soldiers

By Rebecca English

PUBLISHED: 06:56 EST, 21 January 2014  | UPDATED: 08:14 EST, 21 January 2014

Prince Harry told some 'eye-wateringly rude jokes' and drank champagne out of a prosthetic leg at the end of a marathon polar challenge, actor Dominic West has revealed.

The Wire actor, who was part of the Commonwealth team walking with Harry as part of the Walking With The Wounded trip, described him as a 'fantastically nice chap' and revealed a few of the prince's hidden talents - including building the team latrines.

The 29-year-old royal appeared at the 'welcome home' press conference in London today minus the increasingly famous beard he grew during the charity trek.

At the event, West described the prince as 'a really cool guy, very much part of the team'. ...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2543236/Grizzly-red-perfect-no-Prince-Harry-appears-fresh-faced-clean-shaven-following-return-polar-challenge.html#ixzz2r2Sj80fK

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org