Author Topic: Can an Oath of Office be Treason?  (Read 356 times)

Offline happyg

Can an Oath of Office be Treason?
« on: January 21, 2014, 03:16:57 am »
Gerald Todd

In an era where lying has become an art form, is it possible to hold those who take a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution to that pledge of honor and responsibility?

The oath to be taken by the president on first entering office is specified in Article II, Section 1, of the Constitution:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.
The Constitution (Article VI, clause 3) requires that Senators and Representatives take an oath of office to support the Constitution. It reads:
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

The military officer’s oath is similar. Solemn oaths are very serious business; an elected or hired official or military officer takes within his or her hands power over the lives and welfare of one person, or 350 million.

The Presidential oath being taken on January 21, 2013 must discern where the officeholder’s heart is and what level of power he lusts for. The same holds true for all who dare make that solemn promise while looking into 350 million pairs of eyes…

The Founders were common in their belief in the core teachings of the Bible as is over 80% of the American population. The inscription on George Washington’s tomb – designed by him, reads: “I am the resurrection and the life, saith the Lord, he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live; and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.” (John 1: 25-26)

(Did he want himself remembered as a “deist”?)

It is from this belief that the core principle of the Constitution found in the Declaration finds meaning: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights; that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Would it be an understatement to say that few other than our beleaguered military take their oaths of office seriously? Renewed or newfound Love of Country is the easiest way to reverse the mortal danger he and the nation he uses are facing. The opposite of love is not hate, but use! One who truly loves cannot use the beloved, willing to lay down his life for her/him. That is what oaths are all about! The Founders saw that swearing an oath upon the Bible was natural and binding.

Today, we have three problems:

1. Swearing on the Bible as above with no intention of upholding that solemn promise. The current President actually believes the Constitution is “dead for all practical purposes” (as stated to Vladimir Putin in 2009.) Too many public servants take the oath as a rite of passage with no binding responsibilities. That must change. Now!

More of article at link:

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/can-an-oath-of-office-be-treason/#4wKGgU0mrwZTlLcP.99