Author Topic: U.S. warships deploy for Sochi Olympics  (Read 870 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
U.S. warships deploy for Sochi Olympics
« on: January 21, 2014, 01:51:09 am »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/20/us-warships-deploy-for-sochi-olympics/

By Jacqueline Klimas and Cheryl K. Chumley

-

The Washington Times

Monday, January 20, 2014

The United States will deploy at least two warships into the Black Sea off the coast of Sochi, Russia, to respond to a potential terror attack during the upcoming Olympics, top officials said on Monday.

The positioning of the ships would also enable the rapid evacuation of Americans in the event of an attack, CNN reported. The State Department would take the lead if evacuations became necessary.

The ships will have helicopters that could fly Americans out of the country if needed. There are also aircraft on standby in Germany that could be at Sochi in about two hours if needed.

Concerns about terrorism at the Olympics have heightened after a video released online Sunday promised a “present” for tourists at the Olympics as revenge for Muslims killed around the world, according to CNN.

Two young men in the video are believed to be the suicide bombers responsible for two attacks in Russia last month.

Earlier Monday, NBC News reported Russia was on the hunt for four possible “black widows” prepared for an attack. 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: U.S. warships deploy for Sochi Olympics
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 02:13:32 am »
Black Sea deployment so there is no way in hell they will put anything bigger than a destroyer in there.  Too bad there's no carrier task force in the Med to back them up...

:smokin:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 02:20:43 am »
A security expert was discussing Sochi on The Blaze. He said there's only one way in and out and the place is like this long, narrow place between two mountains and it's entirely plausible terrorists would find it an ideal attack location.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 03:12:55 am »
It strongly appears that the Obama government and his obedient MSM are doing all they can to discourage Americans from going to Sochi. I believe we should be doing the exact opposite and should send a high level official (like Biden, who's expendable anyway) as a gesture to the Chechen terrorists (who are, after all, Muslims) we will not be intimidated. I understand, of course, that some kind of conciliatory overture will need to be made to the homo community, but I still consider it an important gesture.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 04:47:46 am »
I just watched a special on DISH about Sochi.   All I can say is WOW.... what an amazing location.  I'm really looking forward to the games, I don't care for the summer games, but I love the winter games..... they said the ski runs are the most challenging ever and yet down in Sochi itself it's like being on the Med....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 02:50:39 pm »
Remember how keen the Mooch was on bringing the Olympics to Chicago? Since she's such a big sports fan, maybe we should send her (and her entourage) to Sochi.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 02:58:04 pm »
It strongly appears that the Obama government and his obedient MSM are doing all they can to discourage Americans from going to Sochi. I believe we should be doing the exact opposite and should send a high level official (like Biden, who's expendable anyway) as a gesture to the Chechen terrorists (who are, after all, Muslims) we will not be intimidated. I understand, of course, that some kind of conciliatory overture will need to be made to the homo community, but I still consider it an important gesture.

Did I hear correctly that State had issued a travel advisory on this??

No way will Biden be sent because he is the only insurance Obama has to keep him from being impeached.  Besides, that would mean Nazi Pelouski would likely be promoted to be the first Female Veep.  Think on that one for a while.....

:smokin:

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 08:04:38 pm »
I just watched a special on DISH about Sochi.   All I can say is WOW.... what an amazing location.  I'm really looking forward to the games, I don't care for the summer games, but I love the winter games..... they said the ski runs are the most challenging ever and yet down in Sochi itself it's like being on the Med....

I agree with you about the Winter Games vs the Summer.   I’m not interested in the Summer Games at all except for maybe the opening and closing ceremonies.   I Love skiing, snowboarding, hockey, and ice skating .
Sochi is a remarkable location but it took Westerners to help design the place. Kind of like bringing in Jack Nicklaus in to design your new golf course.    I wonder if Warren Miller’s Ski film crew ever filmed there.
Hate to see what the place looks like in 8 years though.     It is either going to be very run down – or it will be an exclusive location for Russia’s rich.     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 08:08:00 pm »
I agree with you about the Winter Games vs the Summer.   I’m not interested in the Summer Games at all except for maybe the opening and closing ceremonies.   I Love skiing, snowboarding, hockey, and ice skating .
Sochi is a remarkable location but it took Westerners to help design the place. Kind of like bringing in Jack Nicklaus in to design your new golf course.    I wonder if Warren Miller’s Ski film crew ever filmed there.
Hate to see what the place looks like in 8 years though.     It is either going to be very run down – or it will be an exclusive location for Russia’s rich.   

With that gorgeous location Russia would do well to keep it up.........    We used to love going to the Warren Miller film showing every ski season.. that and the annual ski show to see the latest skiing gear (and clothes)..    I watched the skiing half pipe from Salt Lake City last night --  what those kids can pull off is nothing short of amazing.......

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 08:26:45 pm »
I used to be a fanatical viewer of all things Olympics, but now my interest in the winter games is pretty much limited to some downhill and slalom skiing and - because Lolo Jones and Lauryn Williams will be participating - bobsled. Thanks to my former track coach hubby, I've become a faithful fan of track and field in the summer games. Too much of a luddite to appreciate the addition of the X-Games type of activities.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 09:00:38 pm »
I love the winter Olympics way better than the summer ones too