Author Topic: A woman's thoughts on Lone Survivor. And a message to candy ass liberals.  (Read 2558 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: A woman's thoughts on Lone Survivor. And a message to candy ass liberals.
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 06:10:53 pm »
1. I'm way past the point of worrying about being on watch lists.

2. There are some of us out here who will never forget what folks like you and Edd (Too Tall) Freeman did for us when the chips were well and truly down!

Mate needs pick up - you make the pick up. Nothing more complex than that, as you well know brother of mine.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 06:23:25 pm »
They are way too valuable to be squandered, considering only about 1 in 100 applicants are suitable for the task.

...which made the horrific helicopter crash in Afghanistan or Pakistan killing multiple members of SEAL TEAM 6 (who were involved in the supposed hit on OBL) even more hideous.

You do know they lost a copter full of men on this mission, too.  In all 17 men died.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 06:32:47 pm »

You do know they lost a copter full of men on this mission, too.  In all 17 men died.

The whole operation was a cluster ----! Not the fault of the men on the ground or the QRF but further up the chain! There is a reason why those Chinooks aren't supposed to go in unprotected during daylight!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2014, 06:35:25 pm »
The whole operation was a cluster ----! Not the fault of the men on the ground or the QRF but further up the chain! There is a reason why those Chinooks aren't supposed to go in unprotected during daylight!

Exactly... They spend all the time and money to train our Seals to be best of best and up the line is the worst of the worst...because they're running all these wars out of DC.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 06:43:17 pm »

Exactly... They spend all the time and money to train our Seals to be best of best and up the line is the worst of the worst...because they're running all these wars out of DC.

And the people in DC have no clue, or don't give a sh*t about,  conditions on the ground in the ops area that can and will have an effect on the mission! There is NO reason on earth that they should not have had an aircraft up there to relay comms 24/7 during this operation!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 06:44:56 pm »
And the people in DC have no clue, or don't give a sh*t about,  conditions on the ground in the ops area that can and will have an effect on the mission! There is NO reason on earth that they should not have had an aircraft up there to relay comms 24/7 during this operation!

IIRC they actually turned support aircraft around saying it was needed elsewhere... No excuses not having enough support aircraft in country.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 06:49:32 pm »
I feel much better now having gotten some of this stuff out of my craw!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 08:19:36 pm »
and you have people complaining about football tykes being too rough on kids.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.