Author Topic: Barack, Michelle Obama Could Bag Record $32 Million for Memoirs  (Read 811 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barack, Michelle Obama Could Bag Record $32 Million for Memoirs
« on: January 19, 2014, 11:31:16 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/19/Obamas-Could-Bag-Record-32-Million-For-Memoirs

by Wynton Hall 19 Jan 2014, 10:03 AM PDT

Obama biographer and New Yorker editor David Remnick reported on Sunday that First Lady Michelle Obama is already fast at work on her memoirs, which famed literary agent Andrew Wylie says could fetch $12 million.

Remnick quotes Obama strategist David Axelrod as saying that the president will most assuredly publish his presidential memoirs upon leaving office. “Now, that’s a slam dunk,” said Axelrod. Wylie says Barack Obama’s memoirs could command a $17 to $20 million literary advance, the most ever for a nonfiction book.

The president's best friend and Chicago businessman Marty Nesbitt said writing another book would be easy for Obama.

“I don’t see him locked up in a room writing all the time. His capacity to crank stuff out is amazing,” Nesbeitt said. “When he was writing his second book, he would say, ‘I’m gonna get up at seven and write this chapter—and at nine we’ll play golf.’ I would think no, it’s going to be a lot later, but he would knock on my door at nine and say, ‘Let’s go.’”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Barack, Michelle Obama Could Bag Record $32 Million for Memoirs
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:57:36 am »
Dammit. I need a better agent.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:46:52 am »
None of that money is coming from me. :patriot:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:43:37 pm »
I wouldn't pay $.32 for dinner with the Obamas, much less to read a memoir. What a god-awful evening that would be.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 02:02:25 pm »
I have little doubt that Obama simply cannot wait to pen his third autobiography.

He's just that important.

To him.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 09:41:44 pm »
I have little doubt that Obama simply cannot wait to pen his third autobiography.

You mean the third autobio that Bill Ayers wrote? :whistle:

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 09:53:37 pm »
You mean the third autobio that Bill Ayers wrote? :whistle:

That's correct: "Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers, Part III: The Smog of Audacity".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 09:55:11 pm »
Wouldn't that make the Obama's part of the 1%?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 09:56:03 pm »
Wouldn't that make the Obama's part of the 1%?

They already are, but of course no one ever talks about it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 09:56:03 pm »
let me see......   :pondering:

Nope!   Still don't give a damn!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald