Author Topic: Single Teen Mom? Texas's Wendy Davis Lied About Life Story  (Read 826 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Single Teen Mom? Texas's Wendy Davis Lied About Life Story
« on: January 20, 2014, 02:42:57 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/19/Liar-in-Pink-Shoes-Wendy-Davis-s-Composite-Life

by Joel B. Pollak 19 Jan 2014

Wendy Davis, the Texas state senator whose filibuster for abortion rights made her a Democratic superstar and launched her campaign for governor, has admitted to the Dallas Morning News that she lied about key events in her life, including her first divorce. Davis may even have lied under oath, testifying in a federal lawsuit over redistricting that "I got divorced by the time I was 19 years old," when in fact she was divorced at age 21.

Other missing details have included: her second husband paid her way through law school and she divorced him the day after the last payment was made; her ex-husband accused her in initial court filings of adultery, and was awarded custody of their two daughters; and she first ran for city council in Fort Worth as a Republican.

"My language should be tighter,” she said, admitting her campaign biography has been less than truthful.

It is not clear whether the article in the Dallas Morning News, by senior political writer Wayne Slater, is meant to be an exposé or a defense, presenting embarrassing details in the best light possible to present an overall picture of competence. One unidentified source, who said that Davis is "going to figure out a way to spin herself in a way that grabs at the heart strings," is also quoted as saying that "she’d be a good governor."

Regardless, the fact that Davis "blurred" her biography raises questions about her integrity. Her ex-husbandsaid she should not have needed to lie--that her real life is "a better narrative than what they’re trying to paint.”

The media tend to protect Democrats--notably, Barack Obama, Davis's contemporary at Harvard Law School--when they present false "composites" of their lives. It remains to be seen whether they treat Davis the same.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Re: Single Teen Mom? Texas's Wendy Davis Lied About Life Story
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 03:55:42 pm »
Normal people would kick her butt to the curb in a heartbeat. Her lying is one of the criteria for being a good little liberal. I am waiting for the conservatives to stand up, and give her a good going over.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 03:59:40 pm »
I have met these kinds of women. They are very tempting… but at the same time very dangerous. They use men, then kick them to the curb.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline raml

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 08:07:21 pm »
She's a democrat of course she lies. She is a politician of course she lies. I do think that democrats lie more than conservatives and they are usually bigger lies but I am surprised by nothing a politician does whether it be a democrat or republican or independent.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 09:34:16 pm »
She's a democrat of course she lies. She is a politician of course she lies. I do think that democrats lie more than conservatives and they are usually bigger lies but I am surprised by nothing a politician does whether it be a democrat or republican or independent.

:thumbsup:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 11:39:56 pm »
When the Dallas Morning News turns on a Democrat, you know it's bad for said Democrat.

While not nearly as liberal as the New York Slimes or Washington Compost, it's still part of the media and usually will either ignore Democrat scandals, or actively work to defend them.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton