Author Topic: Stars come out for Michelle Obama's birthday party  (Read 1079 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Stars come out for Michelle Obama's birthday party
« on: January 19, 2014, 12:06:28 PM »
http://www.kplctv.com/story/24492387/stars-come-out-for-michelle-obamas-birthday-party

Stars come out for Michelle Obama's birthday party
Posted: Jan 19, 2014 5:10 AM CST Updated: Jan 19, 2014 9:34 AM CST

KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana
WASHINGTON, DC (CNN) - The Obamas are probably going to sleep in Sunday.

They were up pretty late celebrating Michelle Obama's 50th birthday.

Family and friends departed the gathering about 2 a.m.

Stars like former NBA superstar Magic Johnson, singer Smokey Robinson, actor Samuel L. Jackson and others were in attendance.

Several people said Beyonce brought the house down with several of her hit songs.

Michelle Obama's invitations caused a little controversy last week when it was revealed they said only drinks and light snacks would be served.

The food choices didn't appear to bother any of those who went. They mostly wanted to talk about how great the 50-year-old first lady looked, and how much in love President Obama is with his wife.

Guests said Michelle Obama wore red and black, and looked stunning.

Support the USO

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
Re: Stars come out for Michelle Obama's birthday party
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 02:02:40 PM »
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 02:15:18 PM »
It's a shame we don't have an emoticon for brown-nosing acts of "journalism".  I'll have to resort to this one:

:3:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 02:20:04 PM »
WTH is the Dougie? The Mooch shows us (a little) in this video:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3mKtfrpadQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3mKtfrpadQ</a>

I didn't post the video of her actually dancing because the commentary was so idiotic.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 03:43:58 PM »
I'm not all that excited about her birthday bash with "stars."  It all depends on what I consider to be a "star" and this list is not impressive.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »
I'm not all that excited about her birthday bash with "stars."  It all depends on what I consider to be a "star" and this list is not impressive.

Was Richard Simmons on the list, too... so far it looks like pay back for the people who have been in the O-Care commercials.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 03:48:39 PM »
Was Richard Simmons on the list, too... so far it looks like pay back for the people who have been in the O-Care commercials.

Yeah, and they weren't even served food.   :laugh:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline happyg

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 03:51:23 PM »
Yeah, and they weren't even served food.   :laugh:

I bet they left hungry. I reckon Michelled didn't serve food because she didn't want to pay for it. A birthday dinner wouldn't be on the taxpayer's dime, and Mooch is cheap...in more ways than one.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »
I bet they left hungry. I reckon Michelled didn't serve food because she didn't want to pay for it. A birthday dinner wouldn't be on the taxpayer's dime, and Mooch is cheap...in more ways than one.

Most of the time, she doesn't worry about the taxpayer's dime. More likely, she didn't want the publicity of spending more money so soon after her month long vacation in Hawaii.
she'll wait at least a couple more weeks before she takes us for another million or so. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 03:59:53 PM »
Was her husband invited to her party  :silly:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 05:37:49 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/beyonce-john-legend-fete-michelle-obama-birthday-bash-191435297.html

Beyonce, John Legend fete Michelle Obama at birthday bash

1 hour ago

Washington (AFP) - Michelle Obama's 50th birthday bash featured performances by pop stars Beyonce and John Legend, and appearances by a host of A-list celebrities, one prominent guest said Sunday.

"Amazing. Incredible party," political analyst Donna Brazile told CNN the morning after the festivities, about which few details were revealed by the White House.

"Childhood friends there. People from the administration," she gushed about Saturday's exclusive celebration.

"The most important thing is, Beyonce performed, and I have to tell you, John Legend sang 'Happy Birthday,'" said Brazile, a longtime Democratic Party operative who ran Al Gore's unsuccessful presidential campaign in 2000.

"The most moving tribute came (from) (President) Barack Obama, who talked about the woman he met and fell in love with."   :2barf:

CNN reported that the party lasted until around 2:00 am, and was attended by actor Samuel Jackson, singer Smokey Robinson and basketball legend Magic Johnson.

The Washington Post, meanwhile, wrote that actress and singer Jennifer Hudson was also on hand.

The VIP guest list, The Post reported, also included former President Bill Clinton and his wife ex-secretary of state Hillary Clinton, former Beatle Paul McCartney, former Olympic figure skater Michelle Kwan and folk singing legend James Taylor.

Michelle Obama turned 50 on Friday to great national fanfare, including magazine interviews and television profiles of her life and her role in history as America's first African American first lady.

Closely watched as a fashion icon and praised for social causes that include working with military families and fighting against childhood obesity, the first lady has polled a 65 percent popularity rate -- a good 20 points higher than her husband.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 05:50:42 PM »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 09:47:48 AM »

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 09:58:22 AM »
The VIP guest list, The Post reported, also included former President Bill Clinton and his wife ex-secretary of state Hillary Clinton, former Beatle Paul McCartney...

I knew there was an underlying reason why I always preferred the gritty (and conservative) Mick Jagger to syrupy, insipid (and over-rated, IMO) Paul McCartney.  Never liked him since The Beatles disbanded.

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 11:07:50 AM »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 11:34:26 AM »
The WH must have really taken all cell phones and cameras and closed off all press. Because the UK paper that usually has photos our press is not allowed, does not even have any pictures.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542342/Beyonce-looks-crazy-love-BO-pictures-Michelle-Obamas-50th-performed-sparkly-frock.html
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 12:45:27 PM »
The WH must have really taken all cell phones and cameras and closed off all press. Because the UK paper that usually has photos our press is not allowed, does not even have any pictures.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542342/Beyonce-looks-crazy-love-BO-pictures-Michelle-Obamas-50th-performed-sparkly-frock.html

Maybe Mooch didn't want to be photo'd doing the hoochie coo with Lady Gaga. I imagine the party became a drunken mess, particularly since there was no food...or was there? Maybe that is why they kept it secret. Feeding 300 rich guests with expensive tastes could cost big bucks. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:45:54 PM by happyg »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf