Author Topic: IRS Targeting and 2014 Democrats are working hard to make sure conservative groups are silenced in the 2014 midterms.  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
IRS Targeting and 2014 Democrats are working hard to make sure conservative groups are silenced in the 2014 midterms.

President Obama and Democrats have been at great pains to insist they knew nothing about IRS targeting of conservative 501(c)(4) nonprofits before the 2012 election. They've been at even greater pains this week to ensure that the same conservative groups are silenced in the 2014 midterms.

That's the big, dirty secret of the omnibus negotiations. As one of the only bills destined to pass this year, the omnibus was—behind the scenes—a flurry of horse trading. One of the biggest fights was over GOP efforts to include language to stop the IRS from instituting a new round of 501(c)(4) targeting. The White House is so counting on the tax agency to muzzle its political opponents that it willingly sacrificed any manner of its own priorities to keep the muzzle in place. ..

Much more at link below

http://tinyurl.com/kr4xsef
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
We will never again be a truly FREE people for so long as we continue to abide the Marxist income tax and the IRS!

http://fairtax.org

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I don't see the problem here.

Simply ignore the 'tax exempt' status and continue as your are.

When we win the 2014 mid-terms, said Conservative groups will have the GOP majority protecting them from bias and enforcement.

At least, that's the way it should pan out.....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Write your reps and tell them the GOP way of coddling Obama and letting this IRS abuse stand, will not be tolerated.

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

When we win the 2014 mid-terms, said Conservative groups will have the GOP majority protecting them from bias and enforcement.

Pan out? The entire IRS that also controls ObamaCare needs shut down. The IRS Union has no business being the political arm of progressives.

The IRS beast needs dismantled and a fair tax installed.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

So you think that making liberal 501s are more equal than conservative 501s is not a problem.

I STRONGLY disagree!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Pan out? The entire IRS that also controls ObamaCare needs shut down. The IRS Union has no business being the political arm of progressives.

The IRS beast needs dismantled and a fair tax installed.

:amen: And I would add that NO agency of the government should be a political arm of anything!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

So you think that making liberal 501s are more equal than conservative 501s is not a problem.

I STRONGLY disagree!

No Bigun....what I'm saying is that crying about unequal protection while the fox guards the hen house is one thing.

But deciding that you're defeated and packing up and going home is ridiculous.

IMO, having the IRS publicly enforce penalties to protect ONE political party is something they don't want to actually see the light of day.

Screw the bastards!   Continue on as if you already have been approved.  By the time the IRS gets itself in a position to actually shut them down....it will be 2015 at a minimum and furthermore, the RATS won't have either gavels of the House or Senate.

Then we can castrate the poser.  Politically speaking of course.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
A better sneaky trick to fight fire with fire- would be for tea party people to apply as 'women united against gun violence' to get passed through.  It is putting a band-aid on a cancer that needs chemo. I fear that even when the progressives lose power, the IRS will remain the same.

Online DCPatriot

A better sneaky trick to fight fire with fire- would be for tea party people to apply as 'women united against gun violence' to get passed through.  It is putting a band-aid on a cancer that needs chemo. I fear that even when the progressives lose power, the IRS will remain the same.

That's simply not possible.

Executive order....stroke of a pen and all that jazz.

I'm laughing here thinking of the faces on the IRS culprits finding themselves suddenly facing a GOP Senate and House....and hopefully, soon POTUS.

Offline Rapunzel

That's simply not possible.

Executive order....stroke of a pen and all that jazz.

I'm laughing here thinking of the faces on the IRS culprits finding themselves suddenly facing a GOP Senate and House....and hopefully, soon POTUS.

Why.  Our guys are just as bad, or haven't you noticed who's funding them of late.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

That's pretty simplistic.

Sure, any organizations can say they are simply going to "continue as they are" but soliciting donations to fund the organization is a lot harder without the tax exempt status in place.

Online DCPatriot

Why.  Our guys are just as bad, or haven't you noticed who's funding them of late.

Rap...they are trying to position the party and the candidates to be more centrist and still be Conservative.

The Tea Party 'people'....too many of them demonstrate an isolationist attitude and xenophobic tendencies.

With them OUT FRONT, the entire party is viewed as 'extreme'.

With the wide gulf between the parties it's now come down to ...'what kind of country do you want to live in?  Do you want to continue down the path of totalitarianism? Or do you want your freedom back?

If we lose this one...it's over.

Offline Rapunzel

Rap...they are trying to position the party and the candidates to be more centrist and still be Conservative.

The Tea Party 'people'....too many of them demonstrate an isolationist attitude and xenophobic tendencies.

With them OUT FRONT, the entire party is viewed as 'extreme'.

With the wide gulf between the parties it's now come down to ...'what kind of country do you want to live in?  Do you want to continue down the path of totalitarianism? Or do you want your freedom back?

If we lose this one...it's over.

one word:  baloney...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

To you, perhaps, but that's the strategy of the party.

Moderates are sufficient to beat these jerks.  Don't give the MSM a reason to destroy them right out of the gate.

Lord knows the NSA has provided the DNC and MSM all they need on virtually any Republican candidate from town council member to POTUS candidate.

Make them work for it.   :laugh:

Offline Rapunzel

The so-called moderates as you call them are actually progressives they just placed an R behind their name instead of a D.  The only difference between them is they want to be the one's screwing the country instead of Reid and company... both have run us off the fiscal and moral cliff.

Online DCPatriot

The so-called moderates as you call them are actually progressives they just placed an R behind their name instead of a D.  The only difference between them is they want to be the one's screwing the country instead of Reid and company... both have run us off the fiscal and moral cliff.

I don't believe that's true, Rap.  Not yet.

You're letting your cynicism cloud your vision.

Offline Rapunzel

I don't believe that's true, Rap.  Not yet.

You're letting your cynicism cloud your vision.

Did you read the title of this article?  The Democratic groups trying to "silence" conservatives are the Democratic groups funneling money like crazy to McConnell, Boehner and others to destroy the tea party once and for all... the Chamber of Commerce is getting money from normally Democrat supporters and UNIONS are funneling money into these campaigns... most of the big money in the GOP right now is coming from Democrat sources so don't tell me the progressive Republicans are better than the Democrats - they are them.

Online DCPatriot

Did you read the title of this article?  The Democratic groups trying to "silence" conservatives are the Democratic groups funneling money like crazy to McConnell, Boehner and others to destroy the tea party once and for all... the Chamber of Commerce is getting money from normally Democrat supporters and UNIONS are funneling money into these campaigns... most of the big money in the GOP right now is coming from Democrat sources so don't tell me the progressive Republicans are better than the Democrats - they are them.

Once more.

THERE IS NO TEA PARTY!

There are voters like you and me that affiliate ourselves with their creed of Taxed Enough Already.

I was there when almost a million of them marched back in 2009 in DC.  Their ranks have squared exponentially.

People don't need flyers and door knockers to beat these Commies.  They can hopefully see what's going on.

Truthfully, I wish the Tea Party per se, was silenced right now, until they can get a rein on who's representing them.

We need 100% fiscal focused candidates and the theme is "Getting Americans back to work!".  No social issues allowed on the plank.  Period.

Offline Rapunzel

Once more.

THERE IS NO TEA PARTY!

There are voters like you and me that affiliate ourselves with their creed of Taxed Enough Already.

I was there when almost a million of them marched back in 2009 in DC.  Their ranks have squared exponentially.

People don't need flyers and door knockers to beat these Commies.  They can hopefully see what's going on.

Truthfully, I wish the Tea Party per se, was silenced right now, until they can get a rein on who's representing them.

We need 100% fiscal focused candidates and the theme is "Getting Americans back to work!".  No social issues allowed on the plank.  Period.

I am no longer a Republican... the party left me and I re-registered as a Independent... if I have to I will vote third party... no more votes for people like McCain or Flake for me...

Online DCPatriot

I am no longer a Republican... the party left me and I re-registered as a Independent... if I have to I will vote third party... no more votes for people like McCain or Flake for me...

I understand.

So that means you're declaring yourself, NOT a Republican....on a GOP Briefing Room.  I see. 

:whistle:

...just teasing, dear. 

Offline Rapunzel

I understand.

So that means you're declaring yourself, NOT a Republican....on a GOP Briefing Room.  I see. 

:whistle:

...just teasing, dear.

Yes and I am not the only one here.. one reason why Myst re-named it "The Briefing Room" and the only reason GOP is even on there is because we cannot change the registration for the site....     I am actually a conservative - but AZ doesn't have a category for conservative.