Author Topic: Florida Sheriff destroys anti-gun Piers Morgan  (Read 422 times)

rangerrebew

Florida Sheriff destroys anti-gun Piers Morgan
« on: January 19, 2014, 08:19:20 am »
Florida Sheriff Destroys Anti-Gun Piers Morgan

By Onan Coca   / 18 January 2014   / 97 Comments   

I’m sure that Piers Morgan did not think he would have much of a problem against a small town’s central Florida Sheriff, but he miscalculated. Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco was on the CNN program to discuss a recent shooting in a movie theater, where a former police officer shot and killed a man after an argument over texting during a movie. As is his wont, Piers turned almost immediately to the issue of gun control with the Sheriff, and that’s when things got interesting.

“People commit violent crimes. Whether it be a knife or a gun – the issue is that somebody decided to take somebody’s life. And you know what? The gun didn’t kill him, it was the triggers of the person that was arrested, that pulled that gun and killed that person. From a law enforcement perspective we’re dealing with someone who committed a homicide, the bigger issues we deal with are mental health issues and substance abuse. If we could deal with the mental health issues and substance abuse we’d be much safer as a country.”

Piers seemed a little incredulous that this small town sheriff might not consider guns part of the problem, “You don’t feel as a sheriff on the ground there that there should be any changes to the existing gun laws?”

medicinecontrol“No. I go back to, we have mental health issues and substance abuse issues. The gun itself did not kill the victim here, it was the person who had the gun in his hands. So, I keep going back to the fact that you want to talk about gun control issues – from a law enforcement perspective we deal with mental health issues and substance abuse issues. It was violence. It was violence that killed the victim yesterday. I keep reiterating, it’s mental health issues that we are dealing with in this country, that’s paramount compared to gun control.”

Piers, undeterred, tried to explain to the sheriff that all of the crime committed with guns could be fixed if we’d just get rid of those darn guns! But the Sheriff was up to the task and quickly rebutted.

“Anytime there is a homicide where a gun was involved you can say that gun control was the issue. However, from our standpoint, we can tell you that there are also times where people are in their house and someone is breaking in and to protect their family, their gun is what saved them and their family. I can argue just the opposite way that guns do protect Americans.”

We like the cut of this Sheriff’s jib. He seems to have his head screwed on right and his priorities straight!

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/4200/florida-sheriff-destroys-anti-gun-piers-morgan/#DUu7AbsY6i2gfGCX.99

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Florida Sheriff destroys anti-gun Piers Morgan
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 01:45:11 pm »
Someone should clue Piers in to the FACT that guns are inanimate objects that cannot do anything on their own!

Blaming guns for crimes is like blaming spoons for fat people!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien