Author Topic: Florida Universities Allow Students To Carry Guns On Campus In Their Cars  (Read 377 times)

Offline happyg

“Hold on, don’t go nowhere, I gotta go get my gun out of my car.”

Via Breitbart:
Florida universities have begun complying with the First District Court of Appeals’ ruling that “state universities cannot bar students from storing guns in their cars while on campus.”

On December 11th, CBS Miami reported that the 15-member court ruled 12 to 3 to strike down the ban in order to protect students’ right to have a gun in their cars for purposes of self-defense.

The successful suit was filed by Florida Carry Inc.

Now, according to the Orlando Sentinel, the University of North Florida, Florida State University, and the University of South Florida have changed their policies to allow students to store firearms in their vehicles.
In addition, the University of Central Florida "is updating its policy" to comply with the ruling, and Florida International University has put changes before the board of trustees for approval.

On January 10th, Breitbart News reported that Florida Carry Inc. has filed a follow-up suit against the University of Florida because that school has yet to fully comply with the court's ruling.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/18/Florida-Universities-Change-Policies-Allow-Guns-On-Campus