Author Topic: Murderer's Family Outraged After 'Cruel and Unusual' Execution in Ohio  (Read 577 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/01/18/drunk-woman-sues-carnival-after-falling-overboard

BY
FOX NEWS INSIDER
 // JAN 18 2014 // 11:20AM AS SEEN ON
THE KELLY FILE

There’s growing outrage over an execution in Ohio after complaints that the convicted murderer suffered too much in his final moments.

On Friday night’s Kelly File, Megyn Kelly asked, “What about the real victim in all of this?”

The story begins with Joy Stewart, a 22-year-old newlywed, who was nearly eight months pregnant when she went missing in February 1989. Her body was discovered in the woods near a local creek. Her throat was slit and she had been repeatedly raped.

Almost a year later, prison inmate Dennis McGuire claimed that his brother-in-law had murdered Stewart.  McGuire ended up implicating himself when he described details only the killer would know.

He was convicted of murder in 1994 and last week, his death sentence was carried out. McGuire was injected with a mixture of drugs that was used for the first time in the United States. He died 24 minutes after the lethal injection.

Now, McGuire’s family is reportedly planning to file a lawsuit, claiming the execution violated his constitutional right not to be punished in a cruel and unusual manner.

Kelly spoke to Josh Sweigart, a reporter for the Dayton Daily News who was present during the execution. He recalled the moments after the lethal injection, when McGuire appeared to fall asleep for several minutes. Then, McGuire convulsed and gasped for the next 10 minutes. Sweigart said he appeared to be unconscious during that time.

McGuire’s son witnessed the execution. He said afterward, “The victim of my father’s crime didn’t have an audience. […] We had two rooms full of people watching him suffer and be put to death. She didn’t.”

Kelly reacted, “It’s been amazing to see the reaction to the pain and suffering he may have experienced, or may not have, we don’t know, with so little mention of the victim.”

She spoke to David Lindloff, an investigator for the Preble County Prosecutor’s Office who helped put McGuire behind bars. Lindloff noted there were three victims in this murder: Joy, the baby she carried and her husband, Kenny, who later killed himself. “I’m sure that Joy Stewart suffered a lot more than Dennis McGuire did.”

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Murderer's Family Outraged After 'Cruel and Unusual' Execution in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 11:49:00 pm »
He snored.  If he was uncomfortable, it didn't last very long, and it was less than he deserved.

It was less painful than if they had used Drano....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 11:54:29 pm »
The comments at my local newspaper's website were not terribly charitable toward poor Mr. McGuire.
I have never understood why they complicate things. There are plenty of anesthetics that can be cranked up to a lethal dose. That's what a vet does.

That's what obie's bud Rahmbo's brother wants to do with seniors. If it's good enough to put down Grannie, it's good enough for Death Row.

I was amused to see how many of the lefties were okay with this "botched" execution. For myself, if he was unconscious, what difference does it make? If he was conscious, well, payback is a b***ch, isn't it?

So FN what! Even his own family should to satisfied that he now gone and payed for his crime

I still like my pillow idea...smother the bas bleep! $2.99, I pay for the pillow, even better ziploc bags.

While hundreds of thousands of innocent children are left suffering and dying around the world from lack of food and medical attention, we are asked to turn our attention toward improving the comfort level of an individual condemned to die for the savage murder of a pregnant woman and her child.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:03:13 am »
I see I am not alone....

:beer:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 12:20:30 am »
24 minutes isn't cruel or unusual. In fact it seems rather humanely quick and painless.

You don't want to think about how I might propose doing his death sentence. He'd have plenty of time to think about his actions and life, and it would be cruel.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 12:56:16 am »
Should have hung him. 10 seconds, done, assuming the drop is right.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online rustynail

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 01:14:51 am »
McGuire’s family needs a bricking.