Author Topic: De Blasio’s wife wants office, role at City Hall (like certain First Ladies we know)  (Read 847 times)

Offline mountaineer

In the time-honored tradition of Hillary Clinton, c. 1993, and Moochelle Obama ...
Mayor de Blasio’s wife, Chirlane McCray, wants her own office inside City Hall — and to play a hands-on, policy-setting role in her husband’s administration, sources told The Post.

Officials have been scouting space for New York City’s new first lady, who described herself as a “sounding board and partner” to her husband during his campaign and transition to mayor, a source said.

And the administration has been working on a portfolio of issues for McCray to tackle, ­another source said.

McCray would also like a staff — and her top pick to head it up is Rachel Noerdlinger, a longtime spokeswoman and confidant for the Rev. Al Sharpton, NY1 reported Friday.  Noerdlinger, who lives in New Jersey with her teenage son, did not respond to requests for comment on the possible chief of staff gig.

Sharpton danced around the issue Friday.

“Whatever Rachel does, I will support her,” he told The Post, declining to elaborate.

Administration officials declined to comment on Noerdlinger and said no final decisions have been made on whether McCray will get the coveted City Hall office space.

McCray is primed, sources said, to be the city’s most involved first lady in decades.

She has rarely left de Blasio’s side since he won the election on Nov. 5, and the mayor makes reference to her — often in unabashedly loving terms — at every public appearance.

It’s no secret de Blasio wants McCray, to whom he has been married for 19 years, to have an advisory role. He curiously noted her absence at a press conference Thursday, indicating she may have been an important factor behind two administrative appointments.

“My wife could not be here,” de Blasio said, “but I will express her deep enthusiasm about the appointments today.”

If McCray does score an office and staffers, she will be the first New York mayor’s wife to have City Hall perks.

The wife of Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Donna Hanover, had office space in Gracie Mansion but focused on charity and social issues and was not involved in setting policy.

Hanover had a staff of four — including an administrative manager, press secretary, public-affairs coordinator and chief of staff — at an annual cost to taxpayers of $300,000. Hanover lost those perks when she and Giuliani split up.

McCray, 59, has worked as a speechwriter for a number of elected officials, including former Mayor David Dinkins, for whom de Blasio worked as a City Hall aide. She also worked in public relations at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn and briefly held a similar role at Citigroup.

Meanwhile, voters don’t seem to share mayor’s enthusiasm about his wife’s role.

A new Quinnipiac poll revealed that just 27 percent of voters think the mayor’s wife should have a major part in shaping public policy.

McCray is scheduled to participate in a public discussion on immigration policies and their impact on black Americans at a forum in Brooklyn next week.
NY Post

Gee, she's so well qualified, too!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:58:15 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Mayor de Blasio’s wife, Chirlane McCray, wants her own office inside City Hall — and to play a hands-on, policy-setting role in her husband’s administration, sources told The Post. ]]

Lessseee here.....

Isn't this the way monarchies work?

Didn't we fight a war against such things, long ago?

Offline mountaineer

Maybe he'll put his kids on the payroll, too.  **nononono*

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
De Blasio’s wife wants office, role at City Hall
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 06:10:43 pm »
http://nypost.com/2014/01/18/de-blasios-wife-wants-office-role-at-city-hall/

De Blasio’s wife wants office, role at City Hall

By Beth DeFalco and Yoav Gonen

January 18, 2014 | 1:06am

INFLUENCE: Chirlane McCray, here at her inaguration ceremony Jan. 1, is looking to play a policy-setting role at City Hall.

Mayor de Blasio’s wife, Chirlane McCray, wants her own office inside City Hall — and to play a hands-on, policy-setting role in her husband’s administration, sources told The Post.

Officials have been scouting space for New York City’s new first lady, who described herself as a “sounding board and partner” to her husband during his campaign and transition to mayor, a source said.

And the administration has been working on a portfolio of issues for McCray to tackle, ­another source said.

McCray would also like a staff — and her top pick to head it up is Rachel Noerdlinger, a longtime spokeswoman and confidant for the Rev. Al Sharpton, NY1 reported Friday.

Noerdlinger, who lives in New Jersey with her teenage son, did not respond to requests for comment on the possible chief of staff gig.

Sharpton danced around the issue Friday.

“Whatever Rachel does, I will support her,” he told The Post, declining to elaborate.

Administration officials declined to comment on Noerdlinger and said no final decisions have been made on whether McCray will get the coveted City Hall office space.

McCray is primed, sources said, to be the city’s most involved first lady in decades.

She has rarely left de Blasio’s side since he won the election on Nov. 5, and the mayor makes reference to her — often in unabashedly loving terms — at every public appearance.

It’s no secret de Blasio wants McCray, to whom he has been married for 19 years, to have an advisory role. He curiously noted her absence at a press conference Thursday, indicating she may have been an important factor behind two administrative appointments.

“My wife could not be here,” de Blasio said, “but I will express her deep enthusiasm about the appointments today.”

If McCray does score an office and staffers, she will be the first New York mayor’s wife to have City Hall perks.

The wife of Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Donna Hanover, had office space in Gracie Mansion but focused on charity and social issues and was not involved in setting policy.

Hanover had a staff of four — including an administrative manager, press secretary, public-affairs coordinator and chief of staff — at an annual cost to taxpayers of $300,000.

Hanover lost those perks when she and Giuliani split up.

McCray, 59, has worked as a speechwriter for a number of elected officials, including former Mayor David Dinkins, for whom de Blasio worked as a City Hall aide.

She also worked in public relations at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn and briefly held a similar role at Citigroup.

Meanwhile, voters don’t seem to share mayor’s enthusiasm about his wife’s role.

A new Quinnipiac poll revealed that just 27 percent of voters think the mayor’s wife should have a major part in shaping public policy.

McCray is scheduled to participate in a public discussion on immigration policies and their impact on black Americans at a forum in Brooklyn next week.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: De Blasio’s wife wants office, role at City Hall
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 06:28:21 pm »
Is she competent?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 06:37:02 pm »
Is she competent?

Who cares.. She wasn't elected, he was.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 06:40:00 pm »
Who cares.. She wasn't elected, he was.

None of his staff was elected.

So - is she competent. That is the only criteria.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 06:44:23 pm »

She is a hug lib.................so no she probably isn't competent. When is a lib ever competent? Now corrupt, I bet on that.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 06:58:50 pm »

He benefits financially from his wife working in his administration, not from his staff...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 07:01:20 pm »
She is a hug lib.................so no she probably isn't competent. When is a lib ever competent? Now corrupt, I bet on that.

No bet - corrupt and wanting to get her snout into the public trough while the getting is good - almost a certainty.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm sure she's competent.  She's married to a rising star in the Democrat Party.

It just depends on what the mission is.  What 'department'?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

You just can't make this stuff up:
Sharpton aide named chief of staff for de Blasio’s wife
By Yoav Gonen and Amber Sutherland
January 20, 2014 | 7:58pm
New York Post

A top aide to the Rev. Al Sharpton will be getting $170,000 a year from taxpayers to serve as chief of staff to Chirlane McCray, Mayor de Blasio’s wife.

The mayor confirmed the prominent position his wife is set to play with the appointment of Rachel Noerdlinger, who has worked for Sharpton since 1999 — de Blasio confirmed the prominent position that his wife is set to play at City Hall.

“Chirlane is my partner in all I do — I’ve said that for the last year,” de Blasio said after a Martin Luther King Jr. Day event at Sharpton’s National Action Network in Harlem.

“I’m proud of that fact. And it’s going to allow us to do a lot of good for the people of New York City.”

One of the speakers at an earlier event in Brooklyn was former Black Panther Angela Davis, who went on a rant about “Israeli apartheid.”

“Countries like Israel use [prison] technologies … to control the thousands of Palestinian prisoners behind bars, but also to control the everyday lives of Palestinians,” she said.

Noerdlinger’s salary of $170,000 puts her within range of some lower-level commissioners who run entire agencies and make $192,000.

The mayor refused to say more about McCray’s specific duties and did not address a Post report that McCray is poised to get office space inside City Hall. He said staffing for his wife would be based on the model of ex-Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s wife, Donna Hanover — whose staff cost taxpayers $300,000 a year.
He may as well give Angela Davis a job, too.  :nono:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 02:45:04 pm »

That is a huge understatement.  She is a true communist and one of her running mates is none other than Bertha Lewis, former head of ACORN. 

Wait until Bertha is appointed to an office.....

In any case, they are just getting started in New Yawk, and by the time it is all said and done this crew will have made Boss Tweed look like the Mayor of Munchkin Land......

Offline mountaineer

e Blasio’s wife - sniffs Gracie Mansion chef is "servant"
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 03:21:39 pm »
Chef blasts NY’s first lady: I’m not a ‘servant’
By Beth DeFalco/NY Post
March 5, 2014 | 2:52am

A steamed former Gracie Mansion chef unloaded on First Lady Chirlane McCray Tuesday, mocking her attitude after she called him a “servant.”

“Maybe Ms. de Blasio is watching too much ‘Downton Abbey,’ ” fumed Mitchel London, who once cooked for former Mayor Ed Koch.

“Nobody in this industry uses that word. If that’s the way [she thinks] — and clearly it is, because she came up with that word — let me say I’m just glad I’m not at Gracie now.”

London said he was “stunned” by the characterization. “It really is just a little ignorant in this day and age,” he said.

The first lady drew sharp criticism Tuesday after explaining to a reporter how she planned to use the Gracie Mansion attic when her family moves in: “’I can convey to you, with confidence, there will not be a servant living there.”

London was the attic’s only resident — having lived in a one-bedroom attic apartment there when he worked for Koch.

London is now a chef at the Fairway Café restaurant on the Upper West Side.

“At Fairway, if I were to use that word about an employee, I’d be in HR the same day! You cannot say that stuff. And there’s not many words you can’t say, but the S-word is one of them.”

“It’s a harsh word. Harsh. It shows a lack of something,” London blasted. “It’s ridiculous.”

McCray’s spokeswoman refused to comment on the controversial word choice.

The chef said he loved being part of Koch’s staff.

Asked how the former mayor treated employees, he said, “What’s the polar opposite of ‘servant’? Whatever it is, that was Ed.”

London also blasted what he sees as McCray’s disdain for household workers, saying, “What does she think? That there are no people cleaning it, maintaining it, dusting it? It happened by itself?”

“Maybe she wants to run the house herself — no staff, no ‘servants.’ Big job for one lady,” he cracked.

Asked if he had ever wanted to work for anyone but Koch, London said, “I would not have boiled water for another mayor.”

London left Gracie Mansion before Koch finished his third term, after an investigation found he had improperly used Gracie co-workers and supplies for a private catering business.

London on Tuesday denied having used the mansion’s supplies, but said he did hire Gracie co-workers on their off hours. He said the city told him he could not do both jobs.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 03:28:32 pm »
That is a huge understatement.  She is a true communist and one of her running mates is none other than Bertha Lewis, former head of ACORN. 

Wait until Bertha is appointed to an office.....

In any case, they are just getting started in New Yawk, and by the time it is all said and done this crew will have made Boss Tweed look like the Mayor of Munchkin Land......

Shouldn't Bertha be in jail?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?