Author Topic: Sweet Cakes by Melissa violated same-sex couple's civil rights when it refused to make wedding cake, state finds  (Read 9184 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I fail to see where it says the bakery "was targeted", because they were Christian.

If more than one of my acquaintances told me that so and so was the best bakery, I'd go there....or I would simply inquire at my local deli. 

Now...if they happened to be owned by said defendants...it would depend on my nature to go after them legally if they refused to do business with me.

But...as anybody who has ever been on the wrong side of a Type-A  homosexual can attest....they don't let up.   :laugh:

I must be on everyone's ignore list by now. No one is acknowledging the FACT that denying services or products to people based on their sexual orientation has been established law in Oregon for the past 6+ years.

Oregon is one of the ten most liberal States in the Union, so why would anyone who lives there be surprised at this law?

What needs to happen in Oregon is a push back.

Find a gay-owned restaurant or banquet hall and demand that they host religious pro-life rallies.

Find a gay-owned caterer and demand that they cater a "Save Marriage" conference.

Have two conservative gay men demand that a Muslim baker cater their engagement party.

Take action.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:14:14 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Charlespg

Free market........................ what a concept!

Too bad the thugs in charge of this country don't believe in it.     **nononono*
No they don't .... :shrug:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Someone should go to a Muslim owned bakery and demand a cake for some Jewish holiday, or a black owned one and demand a KKK cake, or a Nazi cake from a Jewish owned bakery.  See how well that goes over.

Do the Christian haters support this as well, or should only those who believe in the Bible be forced to go against their beliefs?
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Charlespg

BTW has any one named  and shamed the two gays who bought this lawsuit as well their ACLU lawyers  ,...I am in favor of using the lefts own tactics against them

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Someone should go to a Muslim owned bakery and demand a cake for some Jewish holiday, or a black owned one and demand a KKK cake, or a Nazi cake from a Jewish owned bakery.  See how well that goes over.

Do the Christian haters support this as well, or should only those who believe in the Bible be forced to go against their beliefs?

Now we're talking.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

There is also the idea that the Oregon law should be challenged on constitutional grounds since it requires people to sin by proxy or forces them to be an accessory to something they consider to be a mortal sin.

Fighting back is always a better option than bitching and complaining.

Offline musiclady

The problem is that the seething hatred by the left of Christians not only causes their love of homosexual causes, but also causes them to embrace Islam.

They will never in a million years admit, nor condemn Muslims for their treatment of homosexuals.  Their target is Christianity.

Period.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Charlespg

There is also the idea that the Oregon law should be challenged on constitutional grounds since it requires people to sin by proxy or forces them to be an accessory to something they consider to be a mortal sin.

Fighting back is always a better option than bitching and complaining.
Finding out the names of those who bought the lawsuit and protesting at their homes and businesses and that of their supporters works for me as well...lets start playing hardball with these creeps...use their tactics against them ...

Offline Rapunzel

Finding out the names of those who bought the lawsuit and protesting at their homes and businesses and that of their supporters works for me as well...lets start playing hardball with these creeps...use their tactics against them ...

Rachel Cryer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/16/sweet-cakes-by-melissa-bakery-anti-gay-discrimination_n_3767646.html
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

So long as those protests don't resemble a Westboro Baptist fiasco, that's the sorts of thing that needs to be done.

Offline musiclady

If we used their tactics, we would heap bags of human feces on their lawns and threaten their children.

I recommend something  less ugly than the tactics they use against us.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Rapunzel

If we used their tactics, we would heap bags of human feces on their lawns and threaten their children.

I recommend something  less ugly than the tactics they use against us.

One only needs to look at what happened in California after Prop 8 passed.  The homosexual community there went after the donation list and took that list and went after residents in CA on the list - in many cases going to the location of their jobs and holding huge protests outside where they created such a dust up the person who had innocently donated money to help Prop 8 pass were fired from their jobs.....  they even tried spreading out into Utah to go after Mormons who had donated, however Utah is still a conservative-leaning state (though an exodus of Californian's into that state is changing the conservatism) and this fell flat in their state - it worked in California.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

Oregon laws specifically ban businesses from refusing services due to sexual orientation.

This has been stated by the same poster in a variety of ways and is scary as hell. All he is saying is that might makes right and if 50%+1 members of a community decide the other 50%-1 shall not have the rights of conscience and may be punished for thinking or acting differently. In this are the seeds of totalitarianism.

I am also amazed at this kind of statement (also stated or implied several times): The difference (as I see it) is that we all individually have the right to discriminate on a personal level, but that does not necessarily allow for the right to discriminate in the field of commerce.

That is not true. No such dichotomy between me and the fruits of my labor exist. They are inseparable and so long as I do not engage in fraud or activities physically harmful to others are subject to my values and beliefs, not that of the collective.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline musiclady

Oregon laws specifically ban businesses from refusing services due to sexual orientation.

This has been stated by the same poster in a variety of ways and is scary as hell. All he is saying is that might makes right and if 50%+1 members of a community decide the other 50%-1 shall not have the rights of conscience and may be punished for thinking or acting differently. In this are the seeds of totalitarianism.

I am also amazed at this kind of statement (also stated or implied several times): The difference (as I see it) is that we all individually have the right to discriminate on a personal level, but that does not necessarily allow for the right to discriminate in the field of commerce.

That is not true. No such dichotomy between me and the fruits of my labor exist. They are inseparable and so long as I do not engage in fraud or activities physically harmful to others are subject to my values and beliefs, not that of the collective.

goopo

Offline musiclady

One only needs to look at what happened in California after Prop 8 passed.  The homosexual community there went after the donation list and took that list and went after residents in CA on the list - in many cases going to the location of their jobs and holding huge protests outside where they created such a dust up the person who had innocently donated money to help Prop 8 pass were fired from their jobs.....  they even tried spreading out into Utah to go after Mormons who had donated, however Utah is still a conservative-leaning state (though an exodus of Californian's into that state is changing the conservatism) and this fell flat in their state - it worked in California.

In a way, we, as Christians, are punished more by our own goodness.

We will not behave in as filthy a manner as they will, and they know it, and take advantage of that fact.

The answer, is not for us to become despicable, but it's definitely for us to become more resolute in fighting their tyranny.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

As long as the law exists, which it does, you have two choices:

1. Abide by the law
2. Disregard the law

If you opt for #2, you better be ready to face the consequences of disregarding any law.

By the same token, you would argue that laws prohibiting same-sex marriages are the law and should stand and be adhered to because they were enacted by the will of that same 50% + 1 that you seem to have a certain amount of disdain for.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:14:02 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Cincinnatus

:silly: ...because they were enacted by the will of that same 50% + 1 that you seem to have a certain amount of disdain for.

Let's be clear here. I have no disdain for the voting public, nor the democratic process. What I do have, however, is a deep abiding fear of your attitude toward the state as the final arbiter of how people can behave based on their own values and beliefs.

As to this: As long as the law exists, which it does, you have two choices:

1. Abide by the law
2. Disregard the law

Piffle. When the collective requires me or anyone else to act against our own consciences, no law exist. Brute force in varying degrees might exist, but not law.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:39:22 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The only way to change the law is to get that 50%+ 1.   And then change it.

BTW... State office-holding Republicans are extinct in Maryland.   Not endangered.  Extinct.

Add that it is strong, major sanctuary State for illegals, and it's going to take a revolution to change things.

And at the rate we're headed, there's a better chance that we're all going to be rounded up someday, than Republicans...or any opposition party can grab and hold on to power.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

The only way to change the law is to get that 50%+ 1.   And then change it.

BTW... State office-holding Republicans are extinct in Maryland.   Not endangered.  Extinct.

Not on the Eastern Shore.  Its still pretty sane on this side of the Chesapeake.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:50:32 pm by Lipstick on a Hillary »

Online DCPatriot

Not on the Eastern Shore.  Its still pretty sane on this side of the Chesapeake.

Yes, you're right.  God bless them.  They hold office in Washington County and Cumberland in western MD.

But definitely not in Annapolis.  Or in Montgomery County.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Charlespg

So long as those protests don't resemble a Westboro Baptist fiasco, that's the sorts of thing that needs to be done.
agreed don't want that  but I still think we should play hardball...from the link Rapunzel  posted
one reporter attempted to prank the bakery and determine if their religiously-grounded philosophy influenced the decision to fulfill other business transactions
ok hand out/ put out  flyer's with  the reporters picture and info denouncing them as a anti Christian bigot.organize a boycott of the newspapers advertisers ..if its a radio or tv station flood the the FCC with complaints picket the newspaper or the reporters house at 6:30 in the morning
The homosexual community there went after the donation list and took that list and went after residents in CA on the list -

find out who these gays are and mount a class action lawsuit..name and shame them and put them a national blacklist protest outside their place of employment ..hand out flyer's   detailing their hatred of Christians   ..thats not illegal if done by private citizens ..If just 20 percent of the US population told the employers of those people that they will not  do business with companies that employ anti Christian bigots it would get noticed

heck besides voting out the liberal garbage .go find some uptight gay/liberal company and demand that they provide services to something like a pro life rally or something with  a anti gay speaker then sue them if the refuse..start a boycott of the people who support the ACLU..and if you can get away with something like dumping 5 tons of horse poop on Mr ACLU lawyers lawn ..well who cares if its petty and vindictive ...with out committing any major felonies let the liberals and gay mafia feel the publics displeasure ....alinsky  tactics the whole enchilada...push back dammed right

Online DCPatriot

To suggest such demonstrations, while necessary...the climate is fast-becoming dangerous for Christians to protest in large groups.

And not necessarily from the authorities.

Children are being taught that right wing Christians are fascists.  It's getting very dangerous out there.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
:silly: ...because they were enacted by the will of that same 50% + 1 that you seem to have a certain amount of disdain for.

Let's be clear here. I have no disdain for the voting public, nor the democratic process. What I do have, however, is a deep abiding fear of your attitude toward the state as the final arbiter of how people can behave based on their own values and beliefs.

As to this: As long as the law exists, which it does, you have two choices:

1. Abide by the law
2. Disregard the law

Piffle. When the collective requires me or anyone else to act against our own consciences, no law exist. Brute force in varying degrees might exist, but not law.

My attitude?

I believe in the process set in place by the Founders. People vote and elect their State government and those elected officials enact laws in accordance to the boundaries set in place by their State's Constitution and within the limits of the Federal Constitution. 

That is what happened in Oregon, and the cold listing of facts has very little to so with any attitude in my part.

The fact that the people of Oregon have decided to elect a very liberal legislature is as much their right as it is the right of the people of Mississippi to elect a very conservative one. 

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Children are being taught that right wing Christians are fascists.  It's getting very dangerous out there.

Kristallnacht is coming, only a question of when.

This time though the Jews will not be the target.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
To suggest such demonstrations, while necessary...the climate is fast-becoming dangerous for Christians to protest in large groups.

And not necessarily from the authorities.

Do you think there will be lions?

It's difficult to imagine the possible discomfort one may experience standing up for one's beliefs against the danger of hungry lions.