Author Topic: Pregnant Lima woman killed in crash near fairgrounds  (Read 583 times)

Offline happyg

Pregnant Lima woman killed in crash near fairgrounds
« on: January 18, 2014, 01:43:55 am »
A 20-year-old pregnant woman was killed Thursday evening when she lost control of her car on the slick roadway and collided with another vehicle. Her child may survive the incident, though.

Ashley Dyer, of Lima, was taken to Lima Memorial Health System where she later died from her injuries at 7:53 p.m., Sheriff Sam Crish reported.

Chief Deputy Jimmy Everett said medical personnel surgically removed the unborn child. As of early this morning, the child was still alive, he said.

The crash happened at 4:37 p.m. Thursday on state Route 117 near the Allen County Fairgrounds. Dyer was driving west when she lost control of her vehicle on the snowy, slick roadway. Her vehicle slid sideways and crossed the center line into the path of a sports-utility vehicle, driven by 18-year-old Drew Schimpf, of Lima, Crish reported.

Schimpf was not injured but his passenger, 13-year-old Kendal Schimpf, was taken to the hospital, where she was treated for non-life threatening injuries, Everett said.

Additional information, including the condition of the child, were not available Friday morning.

A friend posted the baby's picture on my FB page. I know her family.

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Pregnant Lima woman killed in crash near fairgrounds
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 02:42:32 am »
so sad.  Prayers for the family and baby.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 02:45:27 am »

The roads have been a mess. Schools were delayed 2 hrs. yesterday and today. I picked my granddaughter up at noon, and the roads were a total mess. Fortunately, the drivers knew that and drove accordingly. Usually, there is some arsehole who likes to show off in the snow.

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 08:47:57 pm »

The baby, Conner Jace, passed away to be with his mother. It's a sad time around here.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:11:26 pm »
The baby, Conner Jace, passed away to be with his mother. It's a sad time around here.

Oh, that is too sad....  RIP sweet baby Conner.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776