Author Topic: Labour election candidate and fellow Briton among 21 people killed in Kabul suicide bombing  (Read 550 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541585/Briton-16-killed-suicide-bomber-two-gunmen-attack-Afghan-restaurant.html#ixzz2qljR77gd

A Labour candidate for the forthcoming European elections was one of the two Britons killed in a devastating suicide attack in Kabul that claimed 21 lives.

Labour leader Ed Miliband this morning confirmed that Del Singh, who had been campaigning to become MEP for the South West, was killed in Afghan capital.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office had already confirmed that two British nationals are among those killed in last night's incident.

The American University of Afghanistan says that two of its U.S. employees were also among the 13 foreigners killed.

EC are you familar with him?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He was a pretty solid sort of guy.

Not my style, obviously, but he tended to play down the partisan crap in favor of being a decent (though statist) person. He actually put himself out there and sweated while unloading food and aid, didn't just talk about it.

Was aiming for an MEP seat, and I'd have backed him for it. I'd have given him crap for his pro Palestine stance too - but he did his time in the trenches. One of the rare sorts who walks the walk.

No side to him at all. He'd eat what we ate, sleep where we slept and duck when he were told to. Only met once - briefly. I liked the guy.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:42:57 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

He was a pretty solid sort of guy.

Not my style, obviously, but he tended to play down the partisan crap in favor of being a decent (though statist) person. He actually put himself out there and sweated while unloading food and aid, didn't just talk about it.

Was aiming for an MEP seat, and I'd have backed him for it. I'd have given him crap for his pro Palestine stance too - but he did his time in the trenches. One of the rare sorts who walks the walk.

No side to him at all. He'd eat what we ate, sleep where we slept and duck when he were told to. Only met once - briefly. I liked the guy.
thnx for you info about him