Author Topic: NSA Official: 'we are now a police state'  (Read 598 times)

rangerrebew

NSA Official: 'we are now a police state'
« on: January 18, 2014, 10:45:47 am »

NSA Official: 'We Are Now a Police State'

December 19, 2013 - 10:54 AM

By Matt Vespa

Last year, high-ranking NSA official Bill Binney said, “We are, like, that far from a turnkey totalitarian state.” Now, Binney says that the U.S. has already become a full-blown police state.

Binney told Washington’s Blog on Wednesday that:

“The main use of the collection from these [NSA spying] programs [is] for law enforcement. [See the 2 slides below].”

“These slides give the policy of the DOJ/FBI/DEA etc. on how to use the NSA data. In fact, they instruct that none of the NSA data is referred to in courts – cause it has been acquired without a warrant.”

“So, they have to do a ‘Parallel Construction’ and not tell the courts or prosecution or defense the original data used to arrest people. This I call: a ‘planned programed perjury policy’ directed by US law enforcement.”

“And, as the last line on one slide says, this also applies to ‘Foreign Counterparts.’”

“This is a total corruption of the justice system not only in our country but around the world. The source of the info is at the bottom of each slide. This is a totalitarian process – means we are now in a police state.”

Binney, a 32-year veteran of the agency, was instrumental in the creation of the NSA’s surveillance program for digital information. He also served as the NSA’s senior technical director.

As a result, he’s been sought after by a multitude of media outlets, like CBS, ABC, CNN, New York Times, USA Today, Fox News, and PBS.

Concerning the collection of data by federal agencies mentioned by Binney, Washington’s Blog added that:

“By way of background, the government is spying on virtually everything we do.”

“All of the information gained by the NSA through spying is then shared with federal, state and local agencies, and they are using that information to prosecute petty crimes such as drugs and taxes. The agencies are instructed to intentionally “launder” the information gained through spying, i.e. to pretend that they got the information in a more legitimate way … and to hide that from defense attorneys and judges.”
..- See more at: http://www.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/matt-vespa/nsa-official-we-are-now-police-state#sthash.LOUz0Dxo.j0bN0I6U.dpuf

Offline mountaineer

Re: NSA Official: 'we are now a police state' {CONFIRMED?}
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:24:36 pm »
FBI interrogated man after comment about American “Police State” on Facebook
PoliceStateUSA.com, Aug. 27, 2013

HUMBOLDT, AZ — A man says that within hours of making an impassioned post on Facebook, he was being interrogated by police and the FBI.

Blaine Cooper, 33, contacted policestateusa.com with a concerning story about how his sentiments posted on Facebook had drawn the attention of the federal government.  He showed me the comment and told me that within 24-hours of posting it, he was being contacted by the police and FBI.

His colorful comment was in reference to what he believes is an “American Police State,” in which the power of the federal government is growing in a direction which may one day lead people to fight back.

Cooper, who is training to be a wild land fire fighter, said that on August 23, he was contacted by Officer Jason Kuafman of the Prescott Valley Police Department and was told that he needed to come to the police station for an interview with the FBI.

He complied with the request for an interview, which lasted 45 minutes with federal agents present.  He was released after apparently being determined to not be a threat.

“They had every Facebook post I had ever made in a huge file, along with all my wife’s information, and parent’s information,” Cooper told policestateusa.com.

Cooper said that he was told that without “defusing the situation” by complying with the interview, his house might have been raided.

“The FBI made mention they came to question me so they didn’t have to kick in my door,” Cooper told policestateusa.com.

Cooper’s Facebook comment which got him Federal attention within hours.

It should be pointed out that answering questions from federal agents is an extremely risky idea, especially without the presence of a lawyer.  Supreme Court case BROGAN v. UNITED STATES affirmed that it is a federal crime to tell any lie, or misrepresent any fact, to a federal agent.  Even an innocent person with good intentions could commit a federal crime by misspeaking during an interview.

But apparently the alternative to complying to an interview is getting raided by the FBI.

Still feeling threatened, Cooper made a YouTube video on Aug. 23, as a record to the public in case he “disappears.”

hope this doesn’t happen to anybody else,” he said.

The rapid response of the FBI could be a result of the federal government’s XKeyscore program, which gives them the ability to collect “nearly everything a user does on the internet.”

The irony of the situation is that Cooper’s concerns of the USA becoming a police state were actually validated by the fact that the federal government launched an investigation over his frustrated Facebook comment, showing up with detailed records on his family and their internet activity.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Re: NSA Official: 'we are now a police state'
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 11:44:49 pm »
Blaine Cooper is a dummy. He claims that we are now a police state, then posts on Facebook? That isn't too smart.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 01:31:08 am »
“So, they have to do a ‘Parallel Construction’ and not tell the courts or prosecution or defense the original data used to arrest people. This I call: a ‘planned programed perjury policy’ directed by US law enforcement.”

Unfortunately this sort of corrupt behaviour by so-called law enforcement isn't new; it's widespread and routinely engaged in, along with all of the other "games" prosecutors and the police play with accused people and everyone else's privacy.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 01:32:49 am »
Blaine Cooper is a dummy. He claims that we are now a police state, then posts on Facebook? That isn't too smart.

And I'm not so sure I'm buying his story about the purported raid.  It would go a long way if he had something more objective than just his personal say-so.