Author Topic: EPA administrator doesn't want to contradict Obama on global warming refuses to say  (Read 405 times)

rangerrebew

EPA Administrator Doesn’t Want To Contradict Obama On Global Warming: Refuses To Say

Posted By Mark Horne on Jan 17, 2014 | 8 Comments

What happens when politicians take over science is completely predictable. But we don’t always get such a perfect illustration of the results:

Environmental Protection Agency administrator Gina McCarthy wasn’t able to definitively say whether the world has gotten warmer in Senate testimony.

Alabama Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions asked McCarthy to confirm a statement made by President Obama last year that global temperatures were increasing faster in the last five or ten years than climate scientists had predicted.

McCarthy couldn’t answer the question, saying that she only repeats what the climate scientists tell her. Sessions was not satisfied with her response.

“Do I not have the right to ask the Director of EPA a simple question that is relevant to the dispute that is before us?” Sessions angrily asked. “Is the temperature around the globe increasing faster than was predicted, even 10 years ago [as the President claimed]?”

“I can’t answer that question,” McCarthy said.

“You are asking us to impose billions of dollars of cost on this economy and you won’t answer the simple question of whether [temperature around the globe is increasing faster than predicted] is an accurate statement or not?” Sessions shot back.

“I just look at what the climate scientists tell me,” said McCarthy.

At first I thought that McCarthy was contradicting herself because she was refusing to say what the scientists told her. But then it dawned on me that she was saying that the scientists don’t bother to tell her much (like, the reason for curbing carbon admissions). All she “knows” is that the scientists tell her to do stuff (or make us do stuff, or do stuff to us). They don’t tell her why.

Notice that the government has no problem using non-scientists as the actual decision-makers in the process of making up rules for us to live by and get punished for violating. So there is no accountability at all. The people who actually (supposedly) understand why the rules are necessary don’t appear before Congress where they could be cross-examined by other experts.

But even McCarthy’s claim to listen to “the scientists” is propaganda. The fact is the EPA decides which scientists to give credence to in order to get the results they want. The conclusions are manufactured in advance by this selective process.

Even though McCarthy is not a scientist, I suspect the reports of the so-called “pause” in global warming (which is not merely a pause as far as anyone knows), have reached her attention. This shows the most obvious and blatant corruption of “science.” McCarthy has to know that what Obama said was false stuff that he allowed to run out of his mouth because is suited his purposes. But Obama is her ultimate boss. So it is her job to lie and evade in order to not say anything that might be construed as exposing him for the charlatan that he is.

And all of this passes for science. Republicans are regularly criticized for not respecting science properly. It is all a scam that offers the feelings of intellectual pretension in order to get people to cooperate in Big Government and Big Business seizing money and power.

Read more at http://politicaloutcast.com/2014/01/epa-administrator-doesnt-want-contradict-obama-global-warming-refuses-say/#iVMbJKKwv9PkZy1U.99