Author Topic: This kindergarten teacher took a little girl’s shirt off… TO PUNISH HER  (Read 2098 times)

Offline happyg

The Daily Caller’s worst teacher of the week is a no-brainer this time: it’s Thomas Washburn, an Arizona kindergarten teacher who was yelling at all the kids in his class. Then, when one little girl got scared and hid her face in her shirt, Washburn allegedly removed her shirt completely, leaving her naked from the waist up.

The little girl is six years old, reports local television station KTVK.

The incident occurred on Wednesday at Adams Elementary School in the Phoenix suburb of Mesa.

Police say Washburn, 54, was hollering at the 25 kids in his class for some reason. The little girl, described by her mother as “developmentally delayed” due to a premature birth, was frightened. Consequently, she hid her face down in her shirt.

Washburn did not like this response. He told the girl to stop hiding her face. She didn’t listen, probably because she was even more scared.

At that point, Washburn really lost his cool. Police say he went up to the girl and totally removed her shirt.

The unnamed girl then sat there, shirtless. She was crying.

Washburn continued on with class.

The situation lasted for about 10 minutes. Finally, Washburn returned the six-year-old girls’ shirt.

At the end of the school day, when the girl’s mother arrived at school to pick her up, Washburn explained what happened, according to local ABC affiliate KNXV.

The mom was livid. She immediately notified the principal’s office. In turn, the principal’s office called the police.

Police conducted an investigation. They interviewed the little girl and her mother. They determined that Washburn and an adult aide were the only adults in the classroom.

Police took Washburn to the Mesa Police Department headquarters for an interview. For the most part, he invoked his constitutional right not to answer any questions.

The teacher now faces a single count of child abuse and 24 counts of indecent exposure—a single count for each of the other kids present in his class.

School district officials indicated that Washburn has taught at Adams Elementary since 2006. He has only taught kindergarten.

He has been placed on administrative leave since the incident. It’s not clear if he’s getting paid during his time on leave.

A KTVK reporter managed to track down another parent who has a child in Washburn’s class.

“He deserves what he got,” said that mom, Allison Burkhead. “No little kid should have to go through that.”

Burkhead added that Washburn has always appeared “a little off” to her.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/17/kindergarten-teacher-accused-of-taking-a-little-girls-shirt-off-in-class-as-punishment/#ixzz2qiCKu7FH

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
These things do not happen in a vacuum.  This guy did not suddenly snap and do something like this, I guarantee you he has had someone covering for him and/or enabling this kind of behavior.  Tenure and the teacher's union likely played big parts in keeping this guy near little children.

Frightening, but there are more just like him out there.

That little girl will never forget that.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

How many 54yo males do you know that teach kindergarten.......yeah right!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

agree, Chief and add this ... men have no business teaching kindergarten.  Remember the guy in Alaska who started the Sarah Palin was the mother of her grandson story???  He, too, was a kindergarten teacher.... and from all the stories that emerged about like this guy in Mesa.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Would you want you six-year-old being "taught" by this guy???  I sure wouldn't

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

Is this him? Sure looks like it.  https://www.facebook.com/thomas.washburn.94?fref=ts

Offline Rapunzel

Is this him? Sure looks like it.  https://www.facebook.com/thomas.washburn.94?fref=ts

Yep, that is him.  Covering it on local news right now... they let him go, he is under house arrest until further notice.

Offline aligncare

54-years old? Looks closer to 64, maybe even 68. Unhealthy, unbalanced, a real piece of work, this one.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I have a fair compromise.

He took her shirt off. She's 6, so she's not hugely body modest. Hell - our grandkids have no problem with playing shirts and skins at that age.

So - we skin him from the waist up.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I have a fair compromise.

He took her shirt off. She's 6, so she's not hugely body modest. Hell - our grandkids have no problem with playing shirts and skins at that age.

So - we skin him from the waist up.

Lampshades, or stretch the hide tightly and tan it for display? Yes, our little ones play naked in the pool once in a while, but they are babies being closely supervised by their mothers and are not being forced to do anything they do not want to do, much less are they terrified by some stranger making them do it.  Big difference between family fun and being forcibly stripped in school, in class, by your teacher.  This little girl will never really get over this.

The more I look at that picture the more creeped out I get thinking about being six years old and having him in charge of the class.  He sure doesn't look like the Kindergarten teachers we have in our school district...not to be too cavalier here but in my experience your average Kindergarten teacher is more of the "Hot for Teacher" variety...our frickin' school janitors don't look as "rode hard and put up wet" as this guy does....

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:37:19 pm by Chieftain »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Can't be lampshades - that would involve him in being useful.

I totally agree about The difference between messing about in the pool (or on the beach) and some person you are supposed to trust forcing this to happen.

Kids are both trusting and affectionate. ANYTHING that removes that is grounds for severe punishment in my book.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:48:31 pm by EC »

Offline aligncare

I've seen parents lose it with their little ones at the grocery store. Screaming, bullying, cursing. Breaks your heart. You want to intervene, but it's none of your business.

Offline Rapunzel

If I took my child for her first day of school and saw this was her teacher, she'd have gone back home with me... No way should little kids have a man like this teaching them in their formative years.  I don't think I had to male teacher until 8th grade, and I still remember him picking a student up , desk and all, and throwing him across the room. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
If I took my child for her first day of school and saw this was her teacher, she'd have gone back home with me... No way should little kids have a man like this teaching them in their formative years.  I don't think I had to male teacher until 8th grade, and I still remember him picking a student up , desk and all, and throwing him across the room.

When I was training to be a teacher (I was training for high school classes) it was my great pleasure and delight to teach kindergarten. Was only supposed to be there for a month, but went in every Wednesday afternoon even after the placement was finished.
The parents probably had fits about it - I'd roll up at about 13:00 on the bike, a battered and rather ragged looking guy. Long beard, leather jacket, usually ripped jeans and a T shirt, a few scars visible here and there - the kids didn't care.
Have to remind the kids that the engine and exhaust were hot! They kept wanting to touch. Grab a coffee, then into class. Their teacher would read out names, and those kids would be mine for the afternoon. Sometimes we'd sit in a corner of the classroom and tell stories. Sometimes we'd go out and weed or plant flowers (all carefully labelled in crayon). Sometimes we'd play football or go for a walk in the fields to see what we could see. Or we'd paint, sing songs, do math puzzles. Telling jokes was the big thing. Most of the jokes were terrible, but some of them were witty.

Not all men who teach kindergarten are monsters.

Offline Rapunzel

When I was training to be a teacher (I was training for high school classes) it was my great pleasure and delight to teach kindergarten. Was only supposed to be there for a month, but went in every Wednesday afternoon even after the placement was finished.
The parents probably had fits about it - I'd roll up at about 13:00 on the bike, a battered and rather ragged looking guy. Long beard, leather jacket, usually ripped jeans and a T shirt, a few scars visible here and there - the kids didn't care.
Have to remind the kids that the engine and exhaust were hot! They kept wanting to touch. Grab a coffee, then into class. Their teacher would read out names, and those kids would be mine for the afternoon. Sometimes we'd sit in a corner of the classroom and tell stories. Sometimes we'd go out and weed or plant flowers (all carefully labelled in crayon). Sometimes we'd play football or go for a walk in the fields to see what we could see. Or we'd paint, sing songs, do math puzzles. Telling jokes was the big thing. Most of the jokes were terrible, but some of them were witty.

Not all men who teach kindergarten are monsters.

I still think women ate more suitable for these younger ages.... No way would I want a man taking ny six year old to the bathroom for instance...  too many cases of pedophilia in the USA for me to leave a young child in the care of a man for half the day.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I still think women ate more suitable for these younger ages.... No way would I want a man taking ny six year old to the bathroom for instance...  too many cases of pedophilia in the USA for me to leave a young child in the care of a man for half the day.

That was the one thing that made me uncomfortable. Most of them were fine - you'd just have to hold open the door for them, those springs are vicious, but it's always there in the back of your mind.

There was one little girl in class who needed attention. She, to be polite about it, had to be reminded to wipe. Normally, one of the office staff would take her to the loo. No harm, no foul, right? Couple of times I wound up doing the door guard and reminder thing since a trainee is basically portable muscle. It was uncomfortable, to say the least! And that was just crouching down to eye level when she came out and saying "Did you clean your botty?"

Offline xfreeper

He's lucky it wasn't my daughter and I wasn't picking her up from school. Instead of calling the police, someone would be calling an ambulance. I could have driven myself to the police station.

Offline Charlespg

pedophiles should be hanged
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
pedophiles should be hanged

"Bowels in or bowels out?" -- Hannibal Lector

:smokin:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:04:30 am by Chieftain »