• TBR Illuminati
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »
is anyone surprised?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:30:19 AM »
is anyone surprised?

Nope. I can relate in a lot of ways. He's a loose end. You don't leave loose ends.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 06:22:15 PM »
he is single-handedly the greatest traitor in American history
I have to wonder how this fellow feels about Obama.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »
he is single-handedly the greatest traitor in American history

I have to wonder how this fellow feels about Obama.

We'll never know since this person is anonymous, and most likely non existent. Obama is the greatest traitor and fraud known to America. But then, is he really a traitor, since it's highly doubtful he is an American citizen?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 06:59:19 PM »
this person is anonymous, and most likely non existent
Good point.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 07:15:48 PM »
is anyone surprised?
I want him classified for what he is: a traitor to his country. He violated his employment contracts, and he violated his security clearance.

In rational times, he'd be convicted and sentenced.

In the irrational times now, some call him a whistleblower or hero. That is bullsh!t of the most rank type.

His actions should be compared to blabbing to the German's about Bletchley Park and Enigma, or to the Japanese about our Navajo code talkers.

Civilian and military lives depended on the secrets. The so called "whistleblower" would be getting his fellow citizens killed.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline happyg

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 08:19:43 PM »
I want him classified for what he is: a traitor to his country. He violated his employment contracts, and he violated his security clearance.

In the irrational times now, some call him a whistleblower or hero. That is bullsh!t of the most rank type.

His actions should be compared to blabbing to the German's about Bletchley Park and Enigma, or to the Japanese about our Navajo code talkers.

Civilian and military lives depended on the secrets. The so called "whistleblower" would be getting his fellow citizens killed.

It would have been a good thing if the guards at concentration camps weren't so eager to oblige Hitler. In the beginning, I waffled about Snowden, but since then, have come to the conclusion he had good intentions. How would doing that benefit him personally? I'm inclined to think he had honorable motives, and put America before politics and corrupt leaders. He should be commended, not condemned.

Most of us knew there were listening devices used for specific reasons, but since the release of the records, we have found out we are all vulnerable to a corrupt government. Even Obama was half/assed apologetic, as much as that narcissist could muster.

If I was in a position where I could show government corruption to that degree, I would do the same. My country comes before my allegiance to a boss, no matter how many contracts I signed or promises I made.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »

He broke the law and should face the consequences; however, his actions have also catalysed something that many suspected but that the public at large was unwilling to accept:  that at least since 9/11 our government has begun to treat us as subjects to be managed and manipulated, and observed the way one observes rats in a maze.

Snowden has certainly done a lot of damage to the US, which is lamentable; however, it's not the end of the world and the US has recovered from similar disasters before.  I am less concerned about that damage than I am about the incipient tyranny that's abornin' at the NSA and in other federal agencies.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf