Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 05:49:21 PM »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 06:44:35 PM »
It's turning out that Romney was right on many international and national issues.  Would be interesting to consider .... even though heads on TOS will explode!

No Huckabee for VP...we can do much better.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:45:07 PM by Right_in_Virginia »
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 06:56:17 PM »
It's turning out that Romney was right on many international and national issues.  Would be interesting to consider .... even though heads on TOS will explode!

No Huckabee for VP...we can do much better.

Absolutely!  Not entirely parallel to Reagan's path to the presidency - Reagan didn't get the nomination in 1976 - but pretty close nonetheless.

That would also mean I'm ahead of the paraphrenalia game as I already have a lot of graphics that could easily be reused.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:57:56 PM by Oceander »

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 02:19:30 AM »
There is plenty establishment to go around.  We'll find another if necessary.  http://gop.com/act/presidential-straw-poll?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=presidential_straw_poll  The establishment has a 32 candidate solicitation/poll running right now.  I voted for Scott Walker Rand Paul and Rick Perry.  All 3 will be considered GOPe in a couple years if they ain't already considered GOPe.

I was wondering if some kind conservative could help me with the pronunciation of GOPe - does it rhyme with hope, or does it rhyme with floppy?  I had a hard time with RINO for awhile.  I thought it rhymed with Dino the Flintstone's dog(dee-no) or El Nino.

Which brings me to another question.  Usually a good conservative gets elected, but then he gets co-opted by the GOPe and becomes a RINO like Rubio, or Flake, or Isakson, or ...well I could go on forever...but do the RINOs ever start out as small fish wanna-be GOPe in the hope of someday having the awesome power to destroy America from within?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 02:20:33 AM by Once-Ler »
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 06:46:08 AM »
There is plenty establishment to go around.  We'll find another if necessary.  http://gop.com/act/presidential-straw-poll?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=presidential_straw_poll  The establishment has a 32 candidate solicitation/poll running right now.  I voted for Scott Walker Rand Paul and Rick Perry.  All 3 will be considered GOPe in a couple years if they ain't already considered GOPe.

I was wondering if some kind conservative could help me with the pronunciation of GOPe - does it rhyme with hope, or does it rhyme with floppy?  I had a hard time with RINO for awhile.  I thought it rhymed with Dino the Flintstone's dog(dee-no) or El Nino.

Which brings me to another question.  Usually a good conservative gets elected, but then he gets co-opted by the GOPe and becomes a RINO like Rubio, or Flake, or Isakson, or ...well I could go on forever...but do the RINOs ever start out as small fish wanna-be GOPe in the hope of someday having the awesome power to destroy America from within?

I pronounce it go-pee, after their usual response to media criticism.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 07:00:16 AM »
I pronounce it go-pee, after their usual response to media criticism.
That's awesome.   :silly:
I gotta call my local talk show host Vicki McKenna.  She often talks about the G-O-P-E.  I'm going to suggest your pronunciation.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf