Author Topic: Hillary Fired For “Lying, Unethical Behavior” on Watergate Committee  (Read 1793 times)

Offline mrclose

Hillary Clinton might have a pretty hefty scandal brewing. It turns out that when she was an attorney working on the Watergate investigation, she was fired by her supervisor for “lying, unethical behavior.”

Jerry Zeifman, who said he is a lifelong Democrat, was a supervisor for 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee.

When the investigation was complete, Zeifman said he fired Hillary and refused to give her a recommendation. “Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said.

“She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.

Hillary Fired For

"What Difference Does It Make Now"?   :shrug:  :silly:

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/while-on-watergate-committee-hillary-was-fired-for-lying-unethical-behavior/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mrclose

Even though most of the information has 'somehow' been purged from everywhere and the demmies are crying "Fraud" .. I did some digging and found ...

(From 1999)

Hillary Rodham's 1974 Watergate "Procedures were Ethically Flawed"

Jerry Zeifman sent us the letter below, which is "based largely on material previously published" in his book, "Without Honor: The impeachment of President Nixon and the Crimes of Camelot.''

The book is now out of print. However, a small supply of the limited first edition is still available. Information about it, and how to obtain a copy, may be found at: www.iethical.org/book.htm

Previously published in the NEW YORK POST

August 16. 1999

HILLARY'S WATERGATE SCANDAL

By Jerry Zeifman

IN December 1974, as general counsel and chief of staff of the House Judiciary Committee, I made a personal evaluation of Hillary Rodham (now Mrs. Clinton), a member of the staff we had gathered for our impeachment inquiry on President Richard Nixon. I decided that I could not recommend her for any future position of public or private trust.

Why? Hillary's main duty on our staff has been described by as "establishing the legal procedures to be followed in the course of the inquiry and impeachment." A number of the procedures she recommended were ethically flawed. And I also concluded that she had violated House and committee rules by disclosing confidential information to unauthorized persons.

Hillary had conferred personally with me regarding procedural rules. I advised her that Judiciary Committee Chairman Peter Rodino, House Speaker Carl Albert, Majority Leader Tip O'Neill and I had previously agreed not to advocate anything contrary to the rules already adopted and published for that Congress. I quoted Mr. O'Neill's statement that: "To try to change the rules now would be politically divisive. It would be like trying to change the traditional rules of baseball before a World Series."

Hillary assured me that she had not drafted and would not advocate any such rules changes. I soon learned that she had lied: She had already drafted changes, and continued to advocate them.

In one written legal memorandum, she advocated denying President Nixon representation by counsel. This, though in our then-most-recent prior impeachment proceeding, the committee had afforded the right to counsel to Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas.

I also informed Hillary that the Douglas impeachment files were available for public inspection in our offices. I later learned that the Douglas files were then removed from our general files without my permission, transferred to the offices of the impeachment inquiry staff, and were no longer accessible to the public.

The young Ms. Rodham had other bad advice about procedures, arguing that the Judiciary Committee should neither 1) hold any hearings with or take the depositions of any live witnesses, nor 2) conduct any original investigation of atergate, bribery, tax evasion, or any other possible impeachable offense of President Nixon - but to rely instead on prior investigations conducted by other committees and agencies.

The committee rejected Ms. Rodham's recommendations: It agreed to allow President Nixon to be represented by counsel and to hold hearings with live witnesses. Hillary then advocated that the official rules of the House be amended to deny members of the committee the right to question witnesses. This unfair recommendation was rejected by the full House. (The committee also vetoed her suggestion that it leave the drafting of the articles of impeachment to her and her fellow special staffers.)

The recommendations advocated by Hillary were apparently initiated or approved by Yale Law School professor Burke Marshall - in violation of committee and House rules on confidentiality. They were also advocated by her immediate supervisors, Special Counsel John Doar and Senior Associate Special Counsel Bernard Nussbaum, both of whom had worked under Marshall in the Kennedy Justice Department.

It was not until two months after Nixon's resignation that I first learned of still another questionable role of Ms. Rodham. On Sept. 26, 1974, Rep. Charles Wiggins, a Republican member of the committee, wrote to ask Chairman Rodino to look into a troubling set of events. That spring, Wiggins and other committee members had asked "that research should be undertaken so as to furnish a standard against which to test the alleged abusive conduct of Richard Nixon." And, while "no such staff study was made available to the members at any time for their use," Wiggins had just learned that such a study had been conducted - at committee expense - by a team of professors who completed and filed their reports with the impeachment-inquiry staff well in advance of our public hearings.

The report was not made available to members of Congress. But after the impeachment-inquiry staff was disbanded, it was published commercially and sold in book stores. Wiggins wrote that he was "especially troubled by the possibility that information deemed essential by some of the members in their discharge of their responsibilities may have been intentionally suppressed by the staff during the course our investigation."

On Oct. 3, Rodino wrote back: "Hillary Rodham of the impeachment-inquiry staff coordinated the work. ... After the staff received the report it was reviewed by Ms. Rodham, briefly by Mr. Labovitz and Mr. Sack, and by Mr. Doar. The staff did not think the manuscript was useful in its present form."

On the charge of willful suppression, he wrote: "That was not the case ... The staff did not think the material was usable by the committee in its existing form and had not had time to modify it so it would have practical utility for the members of the committee. I was informed and agreed with the judgment."

During my 14-year tenure with the House Judiciary Committee, I had supervisory authority over several hundred staff members. With the exception of Ms. Rodham, Doar and Nussbaum, I recommend all of them for future positions of public and private trust.

Jerry Zeifman is the author of "Without Honor: The Impeachment of President Nixon and the Crimes of Camelot," which describes the above matters in more detail. (See www.iethical.org/book.htm)

=======================================

Also from 1999:

Here’s a little more:

Jerry Zeifman, a former counsel to the House Judiciary
 Committee for 17 years, breaks these barriers. He takes
 you to a behind the scenes account of one of the famous
 faces in politics, Hillary Clinton, in his explosive book
 Hillary’s Pursuit of Power

This book describes and documents unethical practices
 of Senator Hillary Clinton. Hillary’s Pursuit of Power is
 based on Zeifman’s personal experiences. In 1974, he
 had supervisory authority of a staff that included Hillary
 Rodham – who was then engaged in a variety of self-
 serving unethical practices in violation of House rules.

In 1998, as consultant to a member of the Judiciary
 Committee that impeached President Clinton, he gained
 extensive personal insights into the unethical practices
 of Hillary Clinton in her White House “West Wing” office.

A lifelong Democrat, Jerry Zeifman has concluded that
 Hillary Clinton is ethically unfit to be either a Senator or
 President – and if she were to become President, the last
 vestiges of the traditional moral authority of the party of
 Roosevelt, Truman and Johnson will be destroyed.

This book will open the eyes of the people to the truths
 behind unethical practices previously unknown to the
 public. It will guide them to make wise decisions on
 whom to vote for office in the upcoming elections.
 Suspicions and doubts will be confirmed and dispelled
 respectively by the amazing revelations in this book.

About the Author

As former Chief Counsel of the House Judiciary
 Committee Jerry Zeifman, was acclaimed by former
 House Speaker “Tip” O’Neill as a “Great American who
 played the key role during the Nixon impeachment
 proceedings.” Later, during the Clinton impeachment he
 served as a consultant to members of the committee. He
 has also served as: Professor of law at the University of
 Santa Clara; President of National Institute of Economics
 and Law; General Counsel to National Counsel on
 Industrial Defense; and General Counsel of International
 Ethical Alliance.

Mr. Zeifman is also the author of Without Honor: The
 Crimes of Camelot and the Impeachment of President
 Nixon (Thunder’s Mouth Press 1996). He is currently
 completing a further book for publication in 2007 titled
 The Dissident Democrat, which spans his career in public
 service from the Roosevelt administration to the
 present.

Availability of Hillary’s Pursuit of Power

The book is available in electronic form for the price of
 $3.00

It is available in print form as an autographed and
 inscribed paperback for total charge of $13.00 Buy Now
 or send payment by check or money order to: Marianne
 Zeifman, 32 Walnut Tree Hill Rd. Sandy Hook, CT O6482
~ Self

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is extremely "old news".

One wonders why it wasn't made such a deal prior to this.....it should have kept her from becoming Senator or Sec of State.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mrclose

This is extremely "old news".

One wonders why it wasn't made such a deal prior to this.....it should have kept her from becoming Senator or Sec of State.

It is old but speaks to character and I don't want another proven liar in the White House!

How about the more recent Boznia lie?

Want more?

Admitted Lies

Chelsea was jogging around the Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. (She was in bed watching it on TV.)

Hillary was named after Sir Edmund Hillary. (She admitted she was wrong. He climbed Mt. Everest five years after her birth.)

She was under sniper fire in Bosnia. (A girl presented her with flowers at the foot of the ramp.)

She learned in The Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market. (It didn't cover the market back then.)

Whoppers She Won't Confess To

She didn't know about the FALN pardons.

She didn't know that her brothers were being paid to get pardons that Clinton granted.

Taking the White House gifts was a clerical error.

She didn't know that her staff would fire the travel office staff after she told them to do so.

She didn't know that the Peter Paul fundraiser in Hollywood in 2000 cost $700,000 more than she reported it had.

She opposed NAFTA at the time.

She was instrumental in the Irish peace process.

She urged Bill to intervene in Rwanda.

She played a role in the '90s economic recovery.

The billing records showed up on their own.

She thought Bill was innocent when the Monica scandal broke.
She was always a Yankees fan.

She had nothing to do with the New Square Hasidic pardons (after they voted for her 1,400-12 and she attended a meeting at the White House about the pardons).

She negotiated for the release of refugees in Macedonia (who were released the day before she got there).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:32:56 am by mrclose »
~ Self

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
.....40 years ago?

If it hasn't held her back in 40 years, I doubt it is the big smoking gun now.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
.....40 years ago?

If it hasn't held her back in 40 years, I doubt it is the big smoking gun now.

Agreed!

One word can sink her.   Benghazi.

All it takes is a freaking powerful Republican Senator with a sack who can string a sentence or two together in an engaging fashion.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Agreed!

One word can sink her.   Benghazi.

All it takes is a freaking powerful Republican Senator with a sack who can string a sentence or two together in an engaging fashion.

Where you going to find one of those?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

She was Obama SoS.  So this is further proof that Obama should be impeached IMO.