Author Topic: David Wildstein, player in NJ bridge scandal, will talk for immunity  (Read 535 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) -- The former appointee of Gov. Chris Christie who directed lane closures that backed up traffic for hours in one New Jersey town is reiterating that he is ready to share more information if he can be granted immunity from prosecution.

Meanwhile, 17 other people and three organizations are being issued subpoenas as lawmakers try to learn exactly how the September lane closures on an approach to the George Washington Bridge from the community of Fort Lee happened and why.

David Wildstein, whom Christie appointed to a position in the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, has already supplied a legislative committee with the most damning documents in the case so far, including an email from a Christie aide saying it was "time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee," a sign that the lane-closing plot was hatched by Christie's aides as a political vendetta.

Wildstein's lawyer Alan Zegas told The Associated Press on Friday that there has not been any offer of immunity from the U.S. Attorney's Office, which is reviewing the matter. "If he has immunity from the relevant entities, he'll talk," Zegas said.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/01/17/david-wildstein-player-in-nj-bridge-scandal-will-talk-for-immu/20810194/
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

Re: David Wildstein, player in NJ bridge scandal, will talk for immunity
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 06:32:47 pm »
 :2popcorn: :2popcorn:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:31:32 pm »
MSNBC has the Christie story on and nothing else.  I almost got sick channel surfing and hearing Al Sharpton scream preaching on and on about Christie. THE MSM like having a story to not talk about how horrific Obama is, is what ticks me off.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 09:32:50 pm »
MSNBC has the Christie story on and nothing else.  I almost got sick channel surfing and hearing Al Sharpton scream preaching on and on about Christie. THE MSM like having a story to not talk about how horrific Obama is, is what ticks me off.

I watch The Blaze.  My two favorite programs there is Wilkow and Real News.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 09:41:05 pm »
I have TWC I wish I could get The Blaze.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 09:51:44 pm »
I have TWC I wish I could get The Blaze.

Tell you cable company you want it.  Cable stations in  Ohio and South Carolina have recently added it... and Beck says more are in talks to pick it up and carry it.     What I really like on shows like Wilkow and Real News is they do long - in depth - interviews and discussions - none of this pitting a liberal against a conservative in short segments yelling at each other,  for instance right now Wilkow is interviewing Laurie Dhue (who works for The Blaze now) about alcoholism in a long discussion about Trace Adkins relapse... and it is informative and interesting discussion.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 11:05:11 pm »

I read that headline and thought it must have something to do with cheating in a bridge tournament and everyone knows those folks take that game really, really seriously.

Which is why I don't play it, btw.

But for me it was still a good laugh.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 06:44:13 pm »
Christie won't survive this. But watch the GOP push Romney in.  *mad*