Author Topic: It's official: Republicans are done trying to kill ObamaCare  (Read 407 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
It's official: Republicans are done trying to kill ObamaCare
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:27:54 AM »

Support the USO

Offline flowers

Re: It's official: Republicans are done trying to kill ObamaCare
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:06:39 PM »
it's starting to gain strength and popularity.What a bunch of crap!!!! Did I miss the news that people are loving obamacare now???????????????/ :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang:

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 03:13:48 PM »
Oh good grief.  The Act has been in effect for what?  2 weeks?   :shrug:

People haven't even begun to feel the pain this legislation has wrought.  What a stupid contention.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 03:52:27 PM »
I truly despise both parties.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:15:36 PM »
I truly despise both parties.
It is more than despise for me.  :chairbang:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 04:22:45 PM »
I knew it was over when the GOP publicly flogged Ted Cruz.  They've never used such harsh terminology about Obama.  They disgust me.   :2barf:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 04:43:57 PM »
We have two parties establishment(big spending, "government" money. big government, corporatism, main street, status-quo, orgy of special interest, big taxes, stimulus) and anti-establishment - (low taxes, anti-big spending, anti-over-regulation, anti-special interests, free market policies...

La Tourette's (former GOP congressman) PAC is a prime example... getting a ton of money from labor unions and the chamber of commerce - both the unions and chamber are now on the same side.  BTW La Tourette was a big "green energy, environmental regulations guy.

GE made $16 billion last year and yet we the tax payers are still giving THEM money...

BTW McConnell is running ads in KY saying he is "friendly" to coal while he did nothing to block funding for the EPA in this latest budget... and the EPA is destroying coal.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 05:53:41 PM »
I knew it was over when the GOP publicly flogged Ted Cruz.  They've never used such harsh terminology about Obama.  They disgust me.   :2barf:

Cruz deserved at least some castigation; whether worthwhile or not, he did pull a stunt that got too close to the line.  I'm not saying he shouldn't have done it, I'm just saying that, having done it, he should be willing to accept the consequent lumps.  Just think of it as somewhat like, but nowheres near the same thing as, the civil rights protestors in the 60s who broke the segregation laws by, e.g., sitting in the whites-only section of a restaurant, and who then accepted being arrested and criminally punished to testify to the unfairness of those laws.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 10:04:52 PM »
What the heck are you talking about. Cruz didn't break any laws or cross any lines - unless you happened to want Obamacare to be law and us likely going to end up with single payer as a result...... he did what I wish the entire damned GOP would do.  He stood and he fought.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf