Author Topic: Democrat senators signing petition to force media coverage of "global warming"  (Read 779 times)

rangerrebew

HITLER, LENIN, CASTRO WOULD ALL BE SO PROUD OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!!

Democrat Senators Signing Petition To Force More Media Coverage Of Global Warming

Posted By Frank Camp on Jan 15, 2014 | 8 Comments
gov controlled media    

Share31 Tweet13 Share76 Email3

“It is beyond my comprehension that you have ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox, that their Sunday shows have discussed climate change in 2012, collectively, for all of eight minutes.” – Senator Bernie Sanders

It’s absolutely stunning to watch the slow entanglement of the federal government and the media. Well, the Democrat government and the mainstream media. The entire purpose of press freedom is to ensure an honest government, or at least a government that is held responsible for its actions. But the media can only be free when it doesn’t fear government intrusion, or oppression. Additionally, the media cannot be free when it shackles itself to the government of its own volition.

Our American media is infected with two diseases, only one of which is by choice. We all know the media is biased to an absurd degree, but this story is even more frightening. According to National Journal:

“Senate Democrats pledging to get more aggressive on climate change will soon pressure the major TV networks to give the topic far greater attention on the Sunday talking-head shows. Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii, are gathering colleagues’ signatures on a letter to the networks asserting that they’re ignoring global warming.“

Purposeful media bias isn’t new, and while unfortunate, it doesn’t scare me. This scares me. This is the government telling the media what to cover, and how often they should cover it. Now, there are people (see: Liberals) who will say that it’s only a suggestion, that it’s a petition, not an order. To those people I say: Are you dumb? Have you so much trust in the government that you actually believe that a foot in the door won’t lead to further encroachment on the rights of the free press?

With this step, we are inches away from becoming Pravda. We are inches from becoming a nation whose people know nothing but what they are told by the government. Of course, this intrusion will be disguised as a moral matter. It’s right and just to force the media to cover global warming in a way that pleases the Liberals. Because ultimately, it’s for our own good. It’s like a parent guiding a child. And in that belief lies the root of this disease.

Trust. Liberals trust in the government like a child trusts in their mother. Liberals see the government as a benevolent entity. But the truth is that the government is full of human beings. These human beings are fallible, and often corrupt. While Conservatives see a lion which needs to remain caged, Liberals see a lock which needs to be opened. It’s this fundamental flaw in thought that has lead these Senators to believe they have the right to tell the media what they can and cannot do.

We are being eaten away by a cancer that has nearly reached our heart. Once that happens, we will no longer be a free nation.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/4385/democrat-senators-signing-petition-force-media-coverage-global-warming/#k3bhvX53ZoWa2UgQ.99

Offline katzenjammer

Chilling, isn't it?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Chilling, isn't it?

No. Warming.

It's like you didn't even read the title.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

No. Warming.

It's like you didn't even read the title.  :tongue2:

Chilly today, hot tamale. :beer:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Chilling, isn't it?
It's a joke.  Bernie Sanders is so fringe left he calls himself an independent much like the independent conservatives who don't feel at home with the GOP.  Hawaii hasn't elected a GOP Senator since 1970.  Who thinks Mary Landrieu, Mark Pryor, Kay Hagen, Mark Begich, or Mark Udall, give a crap what Bernie Sanders says?  I bet even Al Frankin doesn't sign it.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
Fair enough, let's play their game.  They can force coverage of climate change (or whatever they're calling it these days) and we get to force coverage of the IRS scandal and Benghazi.

Obviously, that's a slippery slope, but if I, the average middle-America Joe, can think of this as a response within 10 seconds of reading the headline, it seems that somebody bigger than me would be able to come up with it, too.  Someone in Congress should offer the same legislation with "climate change" replaced with "Benghazi and the IRS scandal".
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".