Author Topic: Putin: Gays at Olympics Must 'Leave Children in Peace'  (Read 619 times)

Offline happyg

Putin: Gays at Olympics Must 'Leave Children in Peace'
« on: January 17, 2014, 03:00:18 pm »
Russian President Vladimir Putin says gays should feel welcome at the upcoming Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, but they must "leave the children in peace."

Putin told volunteers Friday that gays visiting Sochi "can feel calm and at ease," and vowed that there would be no discrimination at the games. But he emphasized that, according to a law banning homosexual "propaganda" among minors, gays cannot express their views on gay rights issues to anyone underage.

Putin and other politicians have defended the June propaganda law as a protection of child rights, but critics believe that the law discriminates against sexual minorities.

In the wake of international outcry against the bill, Russian authorities have put limits on the right to protest during the Sochi games, which run Feb. 7-23.

© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/putin-gays-olympics-children/2014/01/17/id/547662#ixzz2qfUAvQ46

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:01:18 pm by happyg »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Putin: Gays at Olympics Must 'Leave Children in Peace'
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:05:15 pm »
Ironic.....grew up going into the fetal position under my grade school desk when we practiced drills for in the event of a Soviet attack.  That was the 1950's.

Today, I wish Putin were POTUS.     :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 03:10:56 pm »
Ironic.....grew up going into the fetal position under my grade school desk when we practiced drills for in the event of a Soviet attack.  That was the 1950's.

I remember those days! I'll take Putin over Obama and the Muslims any day.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 03:28:54 pm »

I read all the stories about homosexual activists disrupting religious services, but none ever seem to happen in Russian churches.

They may be gay, but they ain't stupid.

In Russia, the priest would probably kick their asses, call it "doing God's work" then Putin would have the activists arrested and publicly praise the priest for kicking their asses.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:24:26 pm »
Russian President Vladimir Putin says gays should feel welcome at the upcoming Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, but they must "leave the children in peace." 

:thumbsup2:

Offline raml

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 07:37:02 pm »
Oh for that being a law here. I would love to see our children here left in peace instead of having their heads filled with deviant sexual practices.