Author Topic: GOP Elites Were Never Reaganites  (Read 584 times)

Offline Rapunzel

GOP Elites Were Never Reaganites
« on: January 17, 2014, 05:04:35 am »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/01/16/gop_elites_were_never_reaganites

GOP Elites Were Never Reaganites
January 16, 2014

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here's Sean in New Bern, North Carolina.  Great to have you on the EIB Network.  Hello.

CALLER:  Hey, dittos from barely 40-degree, manmade -global-warmed North Carolina, Rush.

RUSH:  Thank you very much. You know, I fly over New Bern. Well, I used to when I would go to New York.  The route was always right over New Bern, North Carolina.

CALLER:  I got my truck revved up to kind of help with the carbon monoxide so we can warm it up here.  It's freezing in North Carolina.

RUSH:  Is that right?  I'm sorry.

CALLER:  Hey, listen. I wanted to just get to the point about what you were talking about with Christie. I think if the Republicans were smart, they would realize this business with Christie and how fast they take him out and how he's the model candidate, to me, it's really proof positive that you gotta stick to your conservative guns. You gotta secure your base and look to Ronald Reagan as the model for doing all that.  I mean, Ronald Reagan had the personality.

He stuck to his guns, his conservative principles, and he didn't let them define him; he defined them -- and the American people responded to it like nobody's business. Not since have we had the American people respond to a presidential candidate like that, and you look at it and you're exactly right.  When we allow them to define our candidates, that means they hold all the cards and they build them up -- as they did McCain over the years -- and take 'em out.

RUSH:  I knew if I stuck with you long enough you'd swerve into the truth.  If you let the media make you, the media can destroy you. If you let 'em make you, they can break you -- and if you're a Republican and you try to cultivate media love and support, they're eventually gonna turn on you because you are not them. You are not a Democrat. You are not a leftist. No matter what you say, no matter what you do, you've got an (R) next to your name on a ballot.

You are going down.

It doesn't matter what you've said and what you believe and whether or not you've made them like you.  You are going down.  Now, as to why don't the Republicans learn from the Reagan example? You should know, if you don't -- we've mentioned it numerous times here, so I'm sorry to be redundant -- even during the Reagan era, the Republican Party establishment was not supportive. Privately, they were not happy with what was going on, and the first moment they had after Reagan left office to start sweeping all that away, they took it.

They are not conservative.

They haven't been conservative, the Republican establishment, for a long time, and they don't intend to be -- and that's that.

END TRANSCRIPT
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776