Author Topic: Couple Hangs Puppy and POSTS PICTURES TO FACEBOOK.  (Read 1019 times)

Offline happyg

Couple Hangs Puppy and POSTS PICTURES TO FACEBOOK.
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:06:53 pm »

The Dallas County District Attorney’s office says a court hearing is now set in an animal abuse case that was discovered after authorities say a Facebook photo post led them to a couple who hanged their small dog from the ceiling.

….Graphic pictures released by Jackson’s office show a small, black puppy strung up and dangling from the ceiling of a Valley Grande home – photos the dog’s owners snapped and posted to Facebook. (Note: WSFA 12 News made an editorial decision to redact those images from our coverage.)

“They decided that they were going to hang a dog from the ceiling by its neck. The poor dog was hanging from the ceiling with some kind of rope around its neck,” said Jackson, District Attorney for Alabama’s 4th Judicial Circuit. “What their motivation was, we don’t know at this point. It’s still under investigation. It was just very callous to have it posted on Facebook. I guess they thought it was a joke or something to hang a poor little dog.”

The incident happened in late November on County Road 63. Jackson said it’s unclear exactly how long the puppy was left hanging from the ceiling, but it did survive the incident.

Dallas County investigators were tipped off about the Facebook post and launched an investigation into the puppy’s owners. Dunnam and Parrish turned themselves in on January 10th for animal cruelty.

Dunnam captioned the post on her Facebook page with pictures of the bizarre event: “My poor baby.”

Comments on her Facebook page show she was receiving criticism over the post but she fired back, admitting to hanging the dog and saying she didn’t care what anybody thought.

As for her pet, the small mixed breed puppy suffered minor injuries, including a broken tooth, and Animal Control removed the dog from the couple’s home. Now four months old, he is being cared for at the Selma Animal Hospital.

The staff calls him “Timmy” and they say the shy dog come out of his shell as he recovers – his case shedding light on animal abuse in the area.
Wow, they titled their post, “My poor baby.” In other words, look at us torturing our dog! How funny! Then when people complained about them HANGING A PUPPY FROM THE CEILING, they fired back against what they considered unjust criticism. After all, what sort of uptight jerk would hassle someone just torturing a helpless puppy?

How do these people live with themselves?

http://www.rightwingnews.com/crime/couple-hangs-puppy-and-posts-pictures-to-facebook/

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Couple Hangs Puppy and POSTS PICTURES TO FACEBOOK.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:10:44 pm »
Anyone who would do this yo a puppy will do much worse the next time... need to start prosecuting animal cruelty mote stringently.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:19:12 pm »
Cruelty to animals is correlated with later sociopathic behaviors.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:20:56 pm »
Anyone who would do this yo a puppy will do much worse the next time... need to start prosecuting animal cruelty mote stringently.

I don't recall anyone getting prosecuted for cruelty to animals around here. My granddaughter and niece called the Humane Society about a neighbor's dog being penned in all the time. They said as long as they have food and water and shelter, there is nothing they could do. The dog walks on chicken wire, and his feces is 'supposed' to fall through. When it gets hot, I put ice cubes in his water. I take him treats and pet him through the fencing that keeps him in. I think the owner did take him somewhere when it got to be 45 degrees below zero (chill factor), because she didn't come out when we called her name.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 09:27:58 pm »
I don't recall anyone getting prosecuted for cruelty to animals around here. My granddaughter and niece called the Humane Society about a neighbor's dog being penned in all the time. They said as long as they have food and water and shelter, there is nothing they could do. The dog walks on chicken wire, and his feces is 'supposed' to fall through. When it gets hot, I put ice cubes in his water. I take him treats and pet him through the fencing that keeps him in. I think the owner did take him somewhere when it got to be 45 degrees below zero (chill factor), because she didn't come out when we called her name.

Hopefully she didn't leave the dog to freeze to death.  Why have a dog if you are going to keep it in those conditions?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 09:33:16 pm »
Hopefully she didn't leave the dog to freeze to death.  Why have a dog if you are going to keep it in those conditions?

It's a Beagle. He has it as a hunting dog, so keeps it isolated. Makes me sick every time I go outside.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 09:36:39 pm »

Wow, they titled their post, “My poor baby.” In other words, look at us torturing our dog! How funny! Then when people complained about them HANGING A PUPPY FROM THE CEILING, they fired back against what they considered unjust criticism. After all, what sort of uptight jerk would hassle someone just torturing a helpless puppy?

How do these people live with themselves?

http://www.rightwingnews.com/crime/couple-hangs-puppy-and-posts-pictures-to-facebook/
horsewhipping is what comes to my mind ...poor little dog :shrug:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 09:36:52 pm »
It's a Beagle. He has it as a hunting dog, so keeps it isolated. Makes me sick every time I go outside.

Look at the video I posted of the beagle which was so smart it moved a chair over so it could jump up and then open the toaster oven to take out chicken nuggets........  they are very smart animals - and these people keep their's isolated in a cage!  It makes me sick, too.......

Offline happyg

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 09:41:44 pm »
Look at the video I posted of the beagle which was so smart it moved a chair over so it could jump up and then open the toaster oven to take out chicken nuggets........  they are very smart animals - and these people keep their's isolated in a cage!  It makes me sick, too.......

It's 15 degrees, snowing like crazy, and the wind is blowing. It's supposed to get colder. So far, the dog is in her cage. I'm going to check to see if they get her. If not, will try calling some kind of authority that has a no-kill policy.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 09:44:07 pm »
It's 15 degrees, snowing like crazy, and the wind is blowing. It's supposed to get colder. So far, the dog is in her cage. I'm going to check to see if they get her. If not, will try calling some kind of authority that has a no-kill policy.

15 degrees is way too cold for a Beagle to be outside in the elements.

Offline raml

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 09:45:16 pm »
I know now why we have such horrible results at voting time. Everyday I read about people putting their crimes they committed on facebook. People who are that stupid shouldn't have made it to adulthood. The did make it to adulthood and now even have the right to vote and because of that we have a government that also brags about their ignoring of our constitution. I hope they prosecute them to the fullest the law allows which for animals isn't what it should be they are living creatures and should have our respect. They certainly have my respect and love unlike the crazy government we have these days or the crazy people who use facebook to brag about their cruelty and crimes. No animal should be penned outside some family members of mine have used dogs for hunting but these dogs have always lived inside their homes and are mainly pets but still work well when hunting.

Offline happyg

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 09:50:52 pm »
I know now why we have such horrible results at voting time. Everyday I read about people putting their crimes they committed on facebook. People who are that stupid shouldn't have made it to adulthood. The did make it to adulthood and now even have the right to vote and because of that we have a government that also brags about their ignoring of our constitution. I hope they prosecute them to the fullest the law allows which for animals isn't what it should be they are living creatures and should have our respect. They certainly have my respect and love unlike the crazy government we have these days or the crazy people who use facebook to brag about their cruelty and crimes. No animal should be penned outside some family members of mine have used dogs for hunting but these dogs have always lived inside their homes and are mainly pets but still work well when hunting.

I agree! It distresses my niece and granddaughter, who both live nearby. They visit the dog, too. As soon as she seems me, she rubs against the fencing so that I can pet her. She is so gentle and pretty. My granddaughter posted a picture of her on FB, along with the story, and got a lot of replies. I doubt the owners found out or cares.