Author Topic: Lemonade Lessons: the Tea Parties are just the tip of the iceberg  (Read 239 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Lemonade Lessons: the Tea Parties are just the tip of the iceberg
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:10:26 AM »
When the Tea Party movement first got started, the Left immediately began to demonize them in the rawest ways they could find (ie: "teabagger") that has never let up to this day.  There is no Tea Party per se, but it has been characterized as such and attacked as a threat by the Right.

During the last five years the demonization by the Left and Democrats in particular has continued and never let up, but Richard Nixon's Silent Majority is still out there, has indeed been paying attention to what is going on, and has been growing increasingly impatient about being demonized by fiat by Democrats for agreeing with the values that the Tea Party stands for.

The biggest problem facing our Country is the deviation from the Constitution over the last 100 years since the 17th Amendment dismantled what was left of the original "Checks and Balances" that were written into the Constitution.  The States were written out of the Federal Government by the 17th Amendment, and in the resulting Century the two political parties have been completely in charge, not the American People, and the disastrous results are clear to see.

Last week liberals celebrated the half century mark of Lyndon B. Johnson's "War on Poverty", but we mark that anniversary with record unemployment across the black community, unprecedented levels of disability claims, food stamps, public handouts of every description along with at this time unknown (but rapidly growing) numbers of Medicaid recipients.  More people are not working in this country now than in any time during our entire history.  All the while your average Congress Critter is making 3-4 or more times the annual salary (plus benefits) of your average American Citizen, yet far too few of those Citizens even bother to vote much less take the time to try and understand how wrong all of this is and a what a threat it is to their own well being.

It is a sad situation and in many respects terrifying, because our Nation will never be the same again.  We have allowed our governments, local, state and federal to dig us into a hole from which it may well be impossible to dig out of.  People throw the word "trillion" around with no comprehension of what that number really means, much less what $17 Trillion in debt (so far) really means.

:smokin:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:12:51 AM by Chieftain »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 03:26:55 PM »
Good post, Chief. Very prescient.

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 05:26:10 PM »
Good post, Chief. LBJ not only created poverty, but opened the gates for intentional poverty. People are being paid not to work, but get all the benefits that others earn. For nearly 25 years, I worked in factories. I made good money, but, like many of my co workers, got arthritis, and an assortment of work related injuries, all the while, people were home watching soap operas.  After the company closed in 1998, many could not get jobs because of their illnesses or age. They lived on their savings until they were depleted. Every once in a while, I run into one of them, and their stories are hard to take. I go home and cry. Many of them died for one reason or other, that I assume had something to do with their jobs, and/or the loss of them. And all the while, we have these lazy sobs who hate our guts.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 05:26:38 PM by happyg »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 05:29:23 PM »
The ramifications of having LBJ as president really makes me wonder what America would look like today had JFK not been shot and had indeed jetisoned LBJ as VP in the next election.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf