Author Topic: Obama is 'chronically incapable' of military strategy and 'clueless about what he wants to do in the world' according to top UK defense adviser  (Read 1006 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2540303/Obama-chronically-incapable-military-strategy-clueless-wants-world-according-UK-defense-advisor.html

Obama is 'chronically incapable' of military strategy and 'clueless about what he wants to do in the world' according to top UK defense adviser

Sir Hew Strachan, an advisor to the UK's Chief of the Defence Staff has heavily criticized President Obama
    The Oxford University professor believes that the president is incapable of choosing a military strategy
    Writing in his new book The Direction of War Strachan says that Obama pales compared to his predecessor President George W. Bush
    Also heavily attacks British Prime Minister David Cameron

By James Nye

PUBLISHED: 20:35 EST, 15 January 2014 | UPDATED: 21:50 EST, 15 January 2014

President Obama has been judged to be 'chronically incapable' of conducting a coherent military strategy and 'has no sense of what he wants to do in the world', according to Oxford University professor, Sir Hew Strachan - one of the UK's most respected and senior military advisers.

The damning verdict from a governmental insider of the United States' closest military ally comes days after the president was heavily criticized by his own former Defense Secretary Robert Gates who said that Obama was indecisive and lacked any passion for his nation's armed forces.

Claiming that America and Britain had committed total strategic failure in their near decade-long Iraq and Afghanistan campaigns, Strachan said that the recent failed attempts to intervene militarily on behalf of Syrian rebels 'has left them in a far worse position than they were before.'

continued..
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:32:23 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
When the British give you a scathing review on your military prowess, you know you must have really screwed the pooch....

Offline Relic

When the British give you a scathing review on your military prowess, you know you must have really screwed the pooch....

No one cares. Did you know Moochie is having a 50th birthday bash?! Now THAT matters.

Offline Millee

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Come back when you have controlled half the world - directly - and fought with all bar 4 nations on the planet.  :tongue2:

You knew I weren't going to let that one slide.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:31:41 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cincinnatus

Come back when you have...fought with all bar 4 nations on the planet

Can't you Brits get along with anybody?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline SouthTexas

And worse yet, Pravda probably agrees.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

He would make Neville Chamberlain look like Patton in comparison.  That it surprises people is perplexing.  Our guy is a total fraud.  In every aspect.  In every way. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Come back when you have...fought with all bar 4 nations on the planet

Can't you Brits get along with anybody?

Outer Mongolia - we've never fought them.  :laugh:  :beer:

It's probably an oversight. Give us a few years - tis a big planet.

rangerrebew

Let me see here.  Hmmm.  Obama knows nothing of Benghazi, Fast & furious, IRS harassment, NSA spying, knows nothing about the Obamacare rollout problems, knows nothing about military strategy, is clueless about what he wants to do in the world, has let Putin become the prime mover in government in the world; I think I see a pattern here.  I think Obama is voting "present" on everything and anything he sees MIGHT be a problem so he can take credit for everything else. :peeonobama:  Does he even know Moochelle is back in town?  I guess it depends whether he's read the papers yet.

Offline Rapunzel

Wasn't it the Brits who sectioned out the current layout of countries like Iraq in the middle east???

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh yep...

Ottoman rule ended with World War I, and Iraq came to be administered by the British Empire until the establishment of the Kingdom of Iraq in 1932.

British forces invaded the country and suffered a major defeat at the hands of the Turkish army during the Siege of Kut (1915–16). After the war the Ottoman Empire was divided up, and the British Mandate of Mesopotamia was established by League of Nations mandate. Britain imposed a Hāshimite monarchy on Iraq and defined the territorial limits of Iraq without taking into account the politics of the different ethnic and religious groups in the country, in particular those of the Kurds and the Assyrians to the north. During the British occupation, the Shi'ites and Kurds fought for independence. Iraq also became an oligarchy government at this time.

Although the monarch Faisal I of Iraq was legitimized and proclaimed King by a plebiscite in 1921, independence was achieved in 1932, when the British Mandate officially ended.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Us being stupid excuses you being stupid a century later?

Offline Rapunzel

Us being stupid excuses you being stupid a century later?

History is rife with unintended consequence... the British adventures at the beginning of the last century falls in that category...IMO
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

History is rife with unintended consequence... the British adventures at the beginning of the last century falls in that category...IMO

Won't deny the Empire was rife with stupidity, short sightedness and a dollop of pure evil along with a load of the "just plain wrongs."

Then again, we were making it up as we went along, with nothing closer than the Roman Empire to guide us. Like it or not - and most of you don't (wisely) - the US is now an empire. Instead of learning from both our mistakes (too many to list) and successes (first empire in history to quietly shut down without degenerating into all out war is the high point), you seem to be bent on not only repeating the mistakes, but magnifying them.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Come back when you have controlled half the world - directly - and fought with all bar 4 nations on the planet.  :tongue2:

You knew I weren't going to let that one slide.  :laugh:

One word: Gallipoli

:smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.