Author Topic: The Rest of the Rocket Scientists  (Read 538 times)

SPQR

The Rest of the Rocket Scientists
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:21:48 AM »

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Re: The Rest of the Rocket Scientists
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:29:51 AM »
Germans had more than just rocket scientists.  I have to wonder how many of those other scientists have made impacts in countries around the world and what those impact were/are?
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 11:16:59 AM »
Germans had more than just rocket scientists.  I have to wonder how many of those other scientists have made impacts in countries around the world and what those impact were/are?

There was a show on the Military Channel about this. One of their doctors pioneered no gravity work and designed the flight suits. Others worked on aircraft and other weapons.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 06:03:55 PM »
Germans had more than just rocket scientists.  ?

. Many ended up in the United States working in the military under Operation: Paperclip. Many ended up in Western intelligence units like the Gehlen organization
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:06:56 PM by SPQR »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 06:16:18 PM »

Many of the members of the Manhattan Project were Jewish mathemeticians, physicists and other skilled laboratory technicians who were directly responsible for the development of the US nuclear weapons program and later our nuclear power program.

:patriot:

SPQR

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 06:20:22 PM »
Many of the members of the Manhattan Project were Jewish mathemeticians, physicists and other skilled laboratory technicians who were directly responsible for the development of the US nuclear weapons program and later our nuclear power program.

:patriot:

You are forgetting jet engineers like the Horten Brothers who developed the first all wing jet fighter(jet aircraft). Other contributions in medicine and engineering. Nazi Germany had a treasure of very educated and skilled workers.Read the book "Hitler's Scientists".
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:28:21 PM by SPQR »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 06:29:28 PM »
You are forgetting jet engineers like the Horten Brothers who developed the first all wing jet fighter. Other contributions in medicine and engineering. Nazi Germany had a treasure of very educated and skilled workers.

But how many Jewish intellectuals never got away and were slaughtered at the hands of the Nazis?

As a side note...did you know that the very first German Soldier to be awarded the Iron Cross (1st Degree) in World War I was a Jew??  Many are unaware of that little conundrum....

SPQR

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 06:34:38 PM »
But how many Jewish intellectuals never got away and were slaughtered at the hands of the Nazis?

As a side note...did you know that the very first German Soldier to be awarded the Iron Cross (1st Degree) in World War I was a Jew??  Many are unaware of that little conundrum....

Science continued and ther are those who contributed to Nazi science. The Nazi uses of X-Rays as a diagnostic tool put them at the forfront in the world in health and safety procedures. Nazi physics continued despite the mass exodus of Jewish intellectuals. The Germans split the atom in 1938 under the direction of Otto Han and Fritz Strassman . If funded correctly and serious about it, Germany would have had the atomic bomb before the United States.

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/splitting-the-atom/
I urge you to read "Hitler Scientists" by John Cornwell
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:44:58 PM by SPQR »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf