Author Topic: Ex-cop ‘who killed theater texter’ menaced moviegoer last month  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Re: Ex-cop ‘who killed theater texter’ menaced moviegoer last month
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2014, 07:24:00 pm »
Vomiting down the back of the offender.   The ultimate revenge.  :silly:

Offline Rodrigo

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 03:19:12 am »
I wanted to strangle a teen setting next to me at a play(PHANTOM OF THE OPERA) in NYC.  He must have texted his friends (in Chinese) every 15 minutes.

I've seen people lose it in a drive in theater, because some jerk in front thought it was great fun to pump his brake pedal through a movie.

I don't go to movies anymore.  Too many ADULTS talking LOUDLY, giggling during a drama, chewing gum very loudly (SMACK, SMACK, SMACK), spitting on the floor.  Now I wait till the DVD comes out and I watch it at home.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 12:54:55 pm »
You bring up a larger question, Rodrigo. What has happened to society? Where are the manners and politeness we were taught? When did we lose it, and what were the factors that contributed to this general lack of courtesy? I see it especially among commuters that would sooner slam into me then to yield the right-of-way.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 02:20:28 pm »
You bring up a larger question, Rodrigo. What has happened to society? Where are the manners and politeness we were taught? When did we lose it, and what were the factors that contributed to this general lack of courtesy? I see it especially among commuters that would sooner slam into me then to yield the right-of-way.

I'm no historian....but I'll bet money that it has something do with the rise of feminism and the loss of a full-time mother and father in the home.    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 02:29:33 pm »
I hadn't considered that, DC. I was leaning towards sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll as primary factors – it's all Carl Perkins, Elvis Presley and Eddie Cochran's fault!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 02:34:16 pm »
What has happened to society? Where are the manners and politeness we were taught? When did we lose it, and what were the factors that contributed to this general lack of courtesy?
I think the problem is that manners and politeness are not being taught anymore. Who teaches children the Golden Rule? Not their parents who take them to soccer practice instead of Sunday School (or who are too hungover on a Sunday morning). Not the schools, which are required to treat religion like a dread disease to be avoided at all costs. It's like we were saying on the thread about the two teenaged girls who held down another girl while she was being raped: we are creating a generation of sociopaths. They don't care about anyone.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 02:38:25 pm »
It is incredible to watch our society change into a Thunderdome type world before our eyes.  Scary. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 03:03:26 pm »
I'm no historian....but I'll bet money that it has something do with the rise of feminism and the loss of a full-time mother and father in the home.    :shrug:

I think you nailed a big part of it.  Even millennials who are NOT sociopaths--so many of them lack the most basic social skills of our society.  Like smiling, looking someone in the eye and shaking their hand when first meeting them.  I attended the wedding of my late husband's nephew last September.  I was seated at a table that included my brother in law and his daughter and her husband.  She was the rudest piece of work, but not for anything she overtly did or said.  Just a complete lack of manners and social skills, and I have seen it in others too.

These kids were likely raised in daycare centers as latch key kids--no adult spent much time teaching them the fine art of manners or what it takes to be a being a decent human being when out in the world. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 03:04:58 pm »
Bad things happen in theaters Rap.

I met my ex wife in a theater.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 03:07:23 pm »
Last time I went to a movie, it was a sold out viewing.   

Got there early with my son, aged 27.   We got there early and got the 'best' seat.....middle of row about six/seven rows above the aisle where the metal railing is where you'd expect to accommodate a wheelchair.  Perfect.

Warnings to turn off cell phones begins when the lights are ON.....and they're just beginning to start the previews.

The few couples around us in earshot FINALLY STFU and everything go quiet.....as it should when you're paying $16.00 a ticket and another $16.00 for stale popcorn and a ridiculously large soda.

All of sudden the person in front of you lights up the area with the screen of his cell phone as he starts typing furiously.  And giggling all the time....showing his girlfriend...which makes the light in your face even brighter.

You ask him POLITELY to turn off the cell phone as the light is distracting as their bantering is....and he tells you to mind your own f*cking business.

What do YOU do?

I'll wait.......... :whistle:

Is he bigger than you?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 03:11:26 pm »
Is he bigger than you?

The more important question....does your son/wife/girlfriend look at you incredulously as if to say....."Are you going to stand there and take that?"    :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 03:16:07 pm »
The more important question....does your son/wife/girlfriend look at you incredulously as if to say....."Are you going to stand there and take that?"    :silly:

Stand up (thus satisfying your significant other's needs to have you play the alpha male role) and loudly announce to the entire theater that since the idiots sitting in front of you are disrupting your movie going experience by texting and giggling throughout the film, you're now going to disrupt everyone's experience until they quit doing it, then begin loudly signing "This Land is Your Land".

I'm not guaranteeing that you won't be removed from the theater, but you will get a modicum of satisfaction for doing it.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2014, 03:18:12 pm »
I think the problem is that manners and politeness are not being taught anymore. Who teaches children the Golden Rule? Not their parents who take them to soccer practice instead of Sunday School (or who are too hungover on a Sunday morning). Not the schools, which are required to treat religion like a dread disease to be avoided at all costs. It's like we were saying on the thread about the two teenaged girls who held down another girl while she was being raped: we are creating a generation of sociopaths. They don't care about anyone.

We could incorrectly blame it on the lack of religion or correctly point at everybody attempting to grab their share before nothing is left.  Money worth nothing.  Life worth nothing.  Remember "personnel offices"?  Now it's "human resource departments".  When there is an abundance of a "resource", there is no value.
The U.S.S. America, the most recent of the sinking ships.  While you were fighting abortion, you money lost it's value.  While you were fighting illegal immigration, you rights were stolen.  While you conversed on the green heartily, you were sold into serfdom.  Now the Chinese own you.
Happy now, suckers?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2014, 03:19:42 pm »
http://www.fys.ku.dk/~thoeger/its-a-good-life.pdf

read that and provide your interpretation

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2014, 03:22:36 pm »
We could incorrectly blame it on the lack of religion or correctly point at everybody attempting to grab their share before nothing is left.  Money worth nothing.  Life worth nothing.  Remember "personnel offices"?  Now it's "human resource departments".  When there is an abundance of a "resource", there is no value.
The U.S.S. America, the most recent of the sinking ships.  While you were fighting abortion, you money lost it's value.  While you were fighting illegal immigration, you rights were stolen.  While you conversed on the green heartily, you were sold into serfdom.  Now the Chinese own you.
Happy now, suckers?

Maybe it's not so much a lack of or decrease in positive positive values so much as an increase in selfishness and a feeling that everything is about "me", brought about in part by the thrust to promote self-esteem as the ultimate measure of self-worth that we've witnessed the past couple of decades.

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 03:35:28 pm »
Maybe it's not so much a lack of or decrease in positive positive values so much as an increase in selfishness and a feeling that everything is about "me", brought about in part by the thrust to promote self-esteem as the ultimate measure of self-worth that we've witnessed the past couple of decades.

agreed, the change from "self-respect" to "self-esteem"

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 06:43:30 pm »
People plop their kids in front of the TV, expect schools to baby sit them when not in front of the TV...No one teaches them to say please, thank you, May I, open doors for someone, etc...and Lips is right ... They don't look you in the eye or give a firm handshake... this all goes back to the home... and the crudeness permitting our society on TV... Honey Boo Boo anyone?  A&E now has one even worse and as does CMT.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline raml

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 07:23:49 pm »
DCPatriot I have never never texted in my entire life and have no intentions of ever texting. I don't take a phone everywhere I go in fact I only have an emergency cell phone I keep in the car for when I am traveling. I don't have to leave the movie to go and text. I am just saying that it is stupid plain stupid to harass a person that does this it does not take away from the movie unless you let it bother you. For heavens sake all I was saying is to let things like this get you so angry you are willing to kill a human being is plain crazy and he had no excuse for doing it none what so ever! He needs to be in jail for the rest of his life.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 07:59:32 pm »
DCPatriot I have never never texted in my entire life and have no intentions of ever texting. I don't take a phone everywhere I go in fact I only have an emergency cell phone I keep in the car for when I am traveling. I don't have to leave the movie to go and text. I am just saying that it is stupid plain stupid to harass a person that does this it does not take away from the movie unless you let it bother you. For heavens sake all I was saying is to let things like this get you so angry you are willing to kill a human being is plain crazy and he had no excuse for doing it none what so ever! He needs to be in jail for the rest of his life.

raml, dear.....I think I used 'you'... as typed right there...meant to indicate that it was NOT you necessarily to whom I was referring.   Sorry for the confusion. 

Sorry.....I was mistaken....I had done that in another thread.    8888crybaby
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:00:53 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 08:29:11 pm »
The latest issue of New York magazine just crossed my desk. Cover story by Jennifer Senior is titled, "The Problem with Teenagers is their Parents." Should make interesting reading tonight from this very liberal magazine. I'll check in with y'all later.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 08:58:11 pm »
The latest issue of New York magazine just crossed my desk. Cover story by Jennifer Senior is titled, "The Problem with Teenagers is their Parents." Should make interesting reading tonight from this very liberal magazine. I'll check in with y'all later.

Teenagers have been saying that for centuries.

Oceander

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2014, 12:30:06 am »

What part of a dozen screened warnings to TURN OFF YOUR GOD-DAMNED PHONE don't you understand?

...and that's all I'm gonna say.

That's a capital offense?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2014, 01:37:23 am »
That's a capital offense?

It was in this case.

Offline happyg

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2014, 02:32:18 am »
His daughter was SICK: Father shot dead in movie theater by ex-cop for texting was messaging toddler's babysitter because he thought he'd have to skip film

Family friend tells MailOnline that Chad Oulson was texting about the health of his daughter when he was shot dead by retired police captain Curtis Reeves, 71, at a Florida movie theater
Chad and wife Nicole were concerned they may have had to leave the theater to return home at time of the fatal confrontation
Sheriff Chris Nocco says there is no chance for a 'Stand Your Ground' defense
He dismissed Curtis Reeves' claims that he shot the victim out of fear
Said the movie theater only had 25 people in it and Reeves and his wife could have set elsewhere

Reeves shot 43-year-old Chad Oulson in the chest after a confrontation
Reeve's gun jammed and police believe he may have tried to shoot again

Nicole Oulson was shot in the hand as she tried to protect her husband

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541478/Father-shot-dead-movie-theater-ex-cop-refused-stop-texting-daughter-unwell.html#ixzz2qiIENRiG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2014, 03:14:22 am »
The shooter was most likely a Leftist.  The type who lines up behind a Democrat mayor at a news conference.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:18:24 am by olde north church »