Author Topic: Did Rep. Connolly read the 1582 page bill? "I'm not going to dignify that question with an answer."  (Read 382 times)

rangerrebew

Did Rep. Connolly Read 1,582-Pg. $1.1T Bill: 'I'm Not Going to Dignify That Question With an Answer'

January 16, 2014 - 3:43 PM

By Ali Meyer

(CNSNews.com) -- When asked whether he read the entire 1,582-page,  $1.1-trillion government spending bill before he voted for it yesterday, Rep. Gerald E. Connolly (D-Va.) said he would “not dignify that question with an answer.”

On Capitol Hill on Thursday, CNSNews.com asked Connolly: “Did you read all 1,582 pages of the bill?”

Connolly said: “I’m not going to dignify that question with an answer.”

The bill will fund the federal government for the rest of fiscal 2014, which ends on Sept. 30, 2014.

Sixty-four Republicans and only three Democrats voted against the legislation. The final vote was 359-67.   The legislation was strongly opposed by Tea Party elements in the GOP and in the public at large. As CNSNews.com has reported, the bill “increases agency budgets by $26 billion over last year’s total,” and “[n]ot only does the bill increase discretionary spending, it is also $45 billion more than the sequester [cuts] would have allowed.”
..- See more at: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/did-rep-connolly-read-1582-pg-11t-bill-im-not-going-dignify-question-answer#sthash.FQRwWiGq.dpuf
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 10:51:27 am by rangerrebew »