Author Topic: Next sinister Obama scheme  (Read 763 times)

rangerrebew

Next sinister Obama scheme
« on: January 15, 2014, 08:25:51 pm »
Next Sinister Obama Scheme

Posted on January 14, 2014   

There are so many plots that it is hard to keep track of the power grabs.
 Check it out:

In 2008, President Obama said he would “bankrupt” coal plant owners and force energy prices across the U.S. to “skyrocket” as part of his plan to combat global warming – and now a new EPA rule on power plant emissions promises to do just that, slashing as much as 40 percent of the nation’s power supply and possibly even doubling Americans’ energy bills.

“So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it’s just that it will bankrupt them, because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted” Obama told the San Francisco Chronicle editorial board in January 2008.

He added, “Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to, uh, retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers.”

Now a new Environmental Protection Agency rule on power plants requires a massive reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and threatens to block any new coal-fired energy facilities because they cannot hope to meet the new standards without using unproven and cost-prohibitive technology.

Continue Reading on www.wnd.com ...

Read more at http://conservativebyte.com/2014/01/next-sinister-obama-scheme/#hW4abkrWRYBx2lLS.99

Offline Relic

Re: Next sinister Obama scheme
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 09:01:57 pm »
So much for a real opposition to use. A real opposition that honestly wanted to defeat the Democrats and change the direction of the country would organize these things into concise talking points and have it's membership hammer the points whenever a crowd, camera, or microphone is near.

A real opposition.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 09:14:07 pm »
So much for a real opposition to use. A real opposition that honestly wanted to defeat the Democrats and change the direction of the country would organize these things into concise talking points and have it's membership hammer the points whenever a crowd, camera, or microphone is near.

A real opposition.

The Republicans do this.  Maybe you're not paying attention.  In any case,  This "rule" is not new; it's at least eight months old.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 09:34:07 pm »
The Republicans do this.  Maybe you're not paying attention.  In any case,  This "rule" is not new; it's at least eight months old.

I guess I'm not as smart as you think you are?

I notice things like Boehner noticing the economy is bad, without taking the opportunity to advance a Republican message on economics. Notice I called it a Republican message, a conservative message is out of the question.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 09:46:17 pm »
I guess I'm not as smart as you think you are?  :happyhappy:
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams