Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Senate Intelligence Committee releases comprehensive Benghazi report  (Read 1235 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/15/senate-intelligence-committee-releases-comprehensive-benghazi-report/

Senate Intelligence Committee releases comprehensive Benghazi report
Published January 15, 2014FoxNews.com

The Senate Intelligence Committee has released a comprehensive report on the Benghazi attack finding the tragedy was “preventable” and the administration failed to respond to “ample” warnings that security was deteriorating before Sept. 11, 2012.

The report faulted the State and Defense departments. It also cited the failure of the Obama administration to "bring the attackers to justice."

Specifically, the report said the intelligence community provided “ample strategic warning” that security in eastern Libya was deteriorating and U.S. personnel “were at risk.” The report said multiple “tripwires” were crossed signaling security problems, and the State

Department should have increased its security posture in response.

The report also detailed a possible failed ambush, where attackers tried to lure the CIA into the hospital where Ambassador Chris Stevens' body was being held.

The CIA did not take the bait.

"The committee worked on a bipartisan basis to investigate the various allegations that have come out since the terrorist attacks in Benghazi in September 2012 and to get to the truth about what happened leading up to, during and after the attacks,” Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said in a statement, adding she hopes the report puts “conspiracy theories” to rest.

Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., top Republican on the panel, also said the report provides “needed and deserved answers.”

“In spite of the deteriorating security situation in Benghazi and ample strategic warnings, the United States Government simply did not do enough to prevent these attacks and ensure the safety of those serving in Benghazi,” he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Why was there not an aircraft carrier battle group on patrol in the Med that night??  We could have had CAP overhead within hours at the most, depending on where the carrier was, and keep them over Benghazi indefinitely with tankers and on site fighter relief. 

I have talked about this extensively here before, and I won't go into it in depth again, but in short one of the first things Obama did when he took office in 2009 was withdraw the US Navy from the Med, which directly led to the Arab Spring, the Muslim Brotherhood taking over Egypt, the Syrian civil war now into its third year, and a resurgence of the Russian Navy in the Med where they have never had a permanent base until the Syrians gave them access to Tartus.  There has not been a carrier task force forward deployed to the Med since Obama was immaculated, and the Navy's constant presence in the Med since the end of WWII is the only thing that kept the cork in the Muslim Djinn bottle.

This was the result of deliberate actions that effectively left our people completely exposed, on their own, and led directly to their deaths.

Oceander

Why was there not an aircraft carrier battle group on patrol in the Med that night??  We could have had CAP overhead within hours at the most, depending on where the carrier was, and keep them over Benghazi indefinitely with tankers and on site fighter relief. 

I have talked about this extensively here before, and I won't go into it in depth again, but in short one of the first things Obama did when he took office in 2009 was withdraw the US Navy from the Med, which directly led to the Arab Spring, the Muslim Brotherhood taking over Egypt, the Syrian civil war now into its third year, and a resurgence of the Russian Navy in the Med where they have never had a permanent base until the Syrians gave them access to Tartus.  There has not been a carrier task force forward deployed to the Med since Obama was immaculated, and the Navy's constant presence in the Med since the end of WWII is the only thing that kept the cork in the Muslim Djinn bottle.

This was the result of deliberate actions that effectively left our people completely exposed, on their own, and led directly to their deaths.

Exactly.  This report looks like whitewash - just tough enough that everyone can say they didn't just give the Obama (mal)administration a complete pass, but never really getting to the guts of the matter - what happened on the night in question, who was supposed to do what, who could have done what, and why they didn't act.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Exactly.  This report looks like whitewash - just tough enough that everyone can say they didn't just give the Obama (mal)administration a complete pass, but never really getting to the guts of the matter - what happened on the night in question, who was supposed to do what, who could have done what, and why they didn't act.

It is a TOTAL whitewash! The problem is that many republicans were in on what was actually happening and thus fear the truth!

Here is what happened that night in a nutshell:

The Russians, through their surrogates in Libya, rolled up a gun running operation being run by the CIA for the benefit of Syrian rebels! Obama was very strongly told that the Jig was up and that he had better not interfere and he didn't!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:01:35 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

It is a TOTAL whitewash! The problem is that many republicans were in on what was actually happening and thus fear the truth!

Here is what happened that night in a nutshell:

The Russians, through their surrogates in Libya, rolled up a gun running operation being run by the CIA for the benefit of Syrian rebels! Obama was very strongly told that the Jig was up and that he had better not interfere and he didn't!

Sounds like Iran/Contra all over again.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sounds like Iran/Contra all over again.

Yeah! Except for the fact that those people down there in Nicaragua were people that WE had put there in the first place and when they actually WERE out there with their rear ends hanging out the Democrats all of a sudden decided to cut off all funding for the operation!

Other than that little detail it is somewhat similar I suppose.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

Why was there not an aircraft carrier battle group on patrol in the Med that night?? 

As I remember it, there were 4 of them cold iron in Norfolk at the time.

Offline happyg

New Senate Report: Al Qaeda Network Attacked in Benghazi

The Senate Intelligence Committee has now released its declassified review of the intelligence surrounding the September 11, 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya. The bottom line is this: Multiple parts of al Qaeda’s international terrorist network were involved.

capitol

The key language comes forty pages into the report:

“Individuals affiliated with terrorist groups, including AQIM, Ansar al-Sharia, AQAP, and the Mohammad Jamal Network, participated in the September 11, 2012, attacks.”

Each of the groups named in the Senate Intelligence Committee’s report were previously identified in THE WEEKLY STANDARD’s reporting and analysis as being involved in the attack.

Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) and Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) are both official branches of al Qaeda and have sworn allegiance to Ayman al Zawahiri, al Qaeda’s emir.

The Mohammad Jamal Network is run by an Egyptian who was trained by al Qaeda in the 1980s and has long been a subordinate to Zawahiri. Jamal was in direct contact with Zawahiri in 2011 and 2012. And, according to both the U.S. government and the United Nations, Jamal conspired with AQAP, AQIM, and al Qaeda’s senior leadership. Jamal, who was re-arrested by Egyptian authorities in late 2012, was seeking to establish his own official branch of al Qaeda.

More at link:  http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/al-qaeda-network-attacked-benghazi_774703.html#

Oceander

Yeah! Except for the fact that those people down there in Nicaragua were people that WE had put there in the first place and when they actually WERE out there with their rear ends hanging out the Democrats all of a sudden decided to cut off all funding for the operation!

Other than that little detail it is somewhat similar I suppose.

Doesn't matter how they got there (Nicaragua); it matters that they weren't ours and weren't supposed to be getting arms from us, or courtesy of us.  The Contras were a little like that mythical creature, the "moderate Iranian leader" - not really as cute and cuddly as when initially sold to the public.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Doesn't matter how they got there (Nicaragua); it matters that they weren't ours and weren't supposed to be getting arms from us, or courtesy of us.  The Contras were a little like that mythical creature, the "moderate Iranian leader" - not really as cute and cuddly as when initially sold to the public.

I beg to differ! To me it matters a great deal that WE put them in harms way and made them promises of support! When that is the case WE are bound to honor our promises!  At least that is MY view!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:00:54 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien