Author Topic:  (Read 383 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: January 15, 2014, 08:38:26 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 08:48:37 AM »
About a month ago, I asked poster Once-ler what the GOPe's strategy was to deal with the pending onslaught, once John Podesta took hold.   IIRC, I didn't get an answer.    Meanwhile, here's what we've got on our side.  VERY reassuring...

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 08:52:59 AM »
About a month ago, I asked poster Once-ler what the GOPe's strategy was to deal with the pending onslaught, once John Podesta took hold.   IIRC, I didn't get an answer.    Meanwhile, here's what we've got on our side.  VERY reassuring...

The GOP has no plan for two reasons:

First - many in the GOP are steeped in self interest. While the Dems also have people like this in their camp, they have the hardcore ideologues to offset that. The GOP attacks anyone who dares stand on principle.

Second - the GOP doesn't fight the Dems because, for the most part, the GOP agrees and benefits from what the Dems are doing.

There will be no big win in 2014 for the GOP. Count on it.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 09:40:36 PM »
[[ There will be no big win in 2014 for the GOP. Count on it. ]]

If the GOP can't win in 2014 -- and I'm not saying a "big win", but a win, period -- then they're likely to go down in 2016 as well.

If that happens, they may be finished as a national party of any real influence.

And, the "space" left behind by that loss of influence will create a political vacuum in the nation, and we all know the saying about vacuums.

What will rush in to fill the empty space left by the dying Republican party?
What about many of the 42% of Americans who are "independents"?

Give them something neither "Republican" or "democrat" to believe in, and they may just supply enough "pressure" to flow in and -fill- that vacuum. And add those registered Republicans who actually consider themselves to be hard-traditional conservatives, and there might emerge a new pathway to achieving the status of "the second party" -- as the [former] second party slips down towards oblivion...

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 08:40:12 AM »
I thought Obama's plan to "save the senate" was to ignore them and legislate with executive orders.  If he does that, what use is there for a senator?  These clowns had better wake up to the fact they, and their gravy train, are about to rendered useless by an autocrat.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 09:12:43 AM »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf