Author Topic: Widower surprises couple by picking up their tab  (Read 440 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Widower surprises couple by picking up their tab
« on: January 14, 2014, 10:48:04 PM »

Offline happyg

Re: Widower surprises couple by picking up their tab
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:19:05 PM »
Great story. I bet his life is filled with friends. No one can replace his wife, but they can help fill the void.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 11:22:33 PM »
Great story. I bet his life is filled with friends. No one can replace his wife, but they can help fill the void.

Yep... brought me to tears.

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:27:14 PM »
My mother is selling her house and moving back here to be near us kids and grandkids. A man, who is a disabled vet and his wife fell in love with it, but couldn't afford the price.  Mom came down $20K to help them be able to afford it. They are going through the paperwork now, and I hope they get it. She always had a soft spot for our soldiers, and since the 1960s has sent packages to soldiers. At one time, she was sending so many, she recruited us kids to help.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 11:27:59 PM »
My mother is selling her house and moving back here to be near us kids and grandkids. A man, who is a disabled vet and his wife fell in love with it, but couldn't afford the price.  Mom came down $20K to help them be able to afford it. They are going through the paperwork now, and I hope they get it. She always had a soft spot for our soldiers, and since the 1960s has sent packages to soldiers. At one time, she was sending so many, she recruited us kids to help.

Your mom sounds like a wonderful person.

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:44:41 PM »
Your mom sounds like a wonderful person.

She is. She's 86 and could pass as one of our sisters. She has always done for others without batting an eye. We were poor growing up, but after we left home, my parents lived comfortably. When Dad died, he left Mom well off. She had no idea that he invested money over the years. On one hand, she was mad because she wanted things, but didn't think they could afford it. She told me she felt guilty for being mad at her dead husband.  None of us knew he left her so good, so told her to spend our inheritance. That way, we'd have nothing to fight over.  :silly:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 11:48:04 PM »
She is. She's 86 and could pass as one of our sisters. She has always done for others without batting an eye. We were poor growing up, but after we left home, my parents lived comfortably. When Dad died, he left Mom well off. She had no idea that he invested money over the years. On one hand, she was mad because she wanted things, but didn't think they could afford it. She told me she felt guilty for being mad at her dead husband.  None of us knew he left her so good, so told her to spend our inheritance. That way, we'd have nothing to fight over.  :silly:

He was smart to tell her to spend it...   amazing how best friend sibblings fight when money is involved.

Offline happyg

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 11:56:01 PM »
He was smart to tell her to spend it...   amazing how best friend sibblings fight when money is involved.

Dad didn't tell her to spend it. We kids did. I guess I didn't make that clear. I don't think we would fight over money. We are all close and help each other. But, you're right, you never know.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf