Author Topic: Obama on exec action: 'I've got a pen, and I've got a phone'  (Read 1035 times)

Offline happyg

Obama on exec action: 'I've got a pen, and I've got a phone'
« on: January 14, 2014, 05:27:23 pm »

By Carrie Dann, NBC News

President Barack Obama is pledging to use executive actions and the bully pulpit to push economic policies even if they get gummed up in Congress.

Before meeting with his Cabinet Tuesday, Obama said he planned to speak to top administration officials about “how to use all the tools” at the administration's disposal to promote ways to maintain the economic recovery.

"One of the things that I will be emphasizing in this meeting is the fact that we are not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we are providing Americans the kind of help that they need," he said. "I’ve got a pen, and I’ve got a phone."

The pen, he said, can be used to sign executive orders, while the phone means calls to non-profit, universities, and private sector organizations that will rally towards a “unifying theme” of economic mobility and fairness.

"Overall, the message to my Cabinet -- and that will be amplified in our State of the Union -- is that we need all hands on deck to build on the recovery that we’re already seeing,” he said. “The economy is improving but it could be improving even faster."
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/14/22302586-obama-on-exec-action-ive-got-a-pen-and-ive-got-a-phone

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: Obama on exec action: 'I've got a pen, and I've got a phone'
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:49:06 pm »
Before meeting with his Cabinet Tuesday, Obama said he planned to speak to top administration officials about “how to use all the tools” at the administration's disposal to promote ways to maintain the economic recovery.

:happyhappy:

Anybody have a count on how many "economic recoveries" we have had under this guy?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 06:24:02 pm »
I read that headline and thought of that song If' I had a Hammer' He would hammer the constitution in the morning, in the evening...all day long.  :chairbang: We are screwed. 3 more years of him with no one stopping him.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:23:16 pm »
Too bad he doesn't have a clue.

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:52:19 pm »
I read that headline and thought of that song If' I had a Hammer' He would hammer the constitution in the morning, in the evening...all day long.  :chairbang: We are screwed. 3 more years of him with no one stopping him.

I was so incredibly angry over the loss of the republic, I can't put it in words. However, I'm a realist. I see that the majority of the citizens either want this, or don't care. The media is cheering for communism, and the Republican party would pee down their collective leg if they thought they had to make a decision, (other than attack conservatives).

In terms of the 5 stages of grief, I'm between depression and acceptance.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 08:04:24 pm »
:happyhappy:

Anybody have a count on how many "economic recoveries" we have had under this guy?

Truly?

Zero
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 08:09:24 pm »
Truly?

Zero

Perception is reality. The average American thinks there is some sort of recovery. They don't know how to measure it, they know their own finances suck, but the media tells them things are going well, and the market is up, so it must be so.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 09:11:06 pm »
In the meantime crickets from congress.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 09:46:36 pm »
In the meantime crickets from congress.
Crickets FROM EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!  :chairbang: