Author Topic: Black dogs are last to picked at shelters because of the color of their fur  (Read 397 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

I love my black and white Cocker - Lady.  George never wanted a black dog because their eyes don't show up like they do with lighter-colored dogs.......... but she absolutely stole both our hearts and she is the most loving dog imaginable... and a real clown.

Offline flowers

I would never have thought about the color of the dog.

Offline PzLdr

One of the two best dogs that ever owned me [along with my Chessie, Boomer] was predominantly black. He was a rescue. His color never crossed my mind. Still miss him.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Rapunzel

One of the two best dogs that ever owned me [along with my Chessie, Boomer] was predominantly black. He was a rescue. His color never crossed my mind. Still miss him.

~LOL~ we had a Boomer.  Don't miss him.. he was a rescue.  Redhead dog.  smart as a whip, aced advanced obedience training... but had rage issues.  He died a natural death - CHF - most people would have euthanized him, but we were just very cautious with him.  My husband could handle him, he would try to attack me if I tried to put a leash on.......

Online mountaineer

I would never have thought about the color of the dog.
Me either. The only dog I ever had was a Scottie, as black as she could be. If I have a chance to get another dog, its color won't even be a factor in deciding to adopt it.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf