Author Topic: Black dogs are last to picked at shelters because of the color of their fur  (Read 995 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2538920/Black-dog-syndrome-More-black-dogs-without-homes-color-fur.html

Black dogs are last to picked at shelters because of the color of their fur

Black dogs are euthanized at a much higher rate because they’re less likely to be adopted due to their color
    Stereotypes suggest black dogs are more badly behaved and are violent

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 19:53 EST, 13 January 2014 | UPDATED: 09:42 EST, 14 January 2014

Black dogs don't get as adopted as easily as others animals of other colors.

The reason is largely because of some common misconceptions about them.

Black dogs are mischaracterized as mean and potentially violent and according to NBC News.

continued....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

I love my black and white Cocker - Lady.  George never wanted a black dog because their eyes don't show up like they do with lighter-colored dogs.......... but she absolutely stole both our hearts and she is the most loving dog imaginable... and a real clown.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

I would never have thought about the color of the dog.

Offline PzLdr

One of the two best dogs that ever owned me [along with my Chessie, Boomer] was predominantly black. He was a rescue. His color never crossed my mind. Still miss him.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Rapunzel

One of the two best dogs that ever owned me [along with my Chessie, Boomer] was predominantly black. He was a rescue. His color never crossed my mind. Still miss him.

~LOL~ we had a Boomer.  Don't miss him.. he was a rescue.  Redhead dog.  smart as a whip, aced advanced obedience training... but had rage issues.  He died a natural death - CHF - most people would have euthanized him, but we were just very cautious with him.  My husband could handle him, he would try to attack me if I tried to put a leash on.......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

I would never have thought about the color of the dog.
Me either. The only dog I ever had was a Scottie, as black as she could be. If I have a chance to get another dog, its color won't even be a factor in deciding to adopt it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org