Author Topic: What's Wrong With Obama? William Kristol  (Read 1019 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What's Wrong With Obama? William Kristol
« on: January 12, 2014, 03:08:54 pm »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/whats-wrong-obama_774141.html

What's Wrong With Obama?
William Kristol
January 11, 2014 3:21 PM

Ariel Sharon—a man whose deeds as soldier, general, cabinet minister, and prime minister were decisive in the history of modern Israel, a soldier-statesman of true historical significance, a larger-than-life figure whose like we're unlikely to see again—dies, and Barack Obama issues a statement that would be appropriate if one were recognizing the death of a pedestrian functionary who had routinely served as the insignificant leader of a random country.

Here is Obama's complete statement:

"On behalf of the American people, Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to the family of former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and to the people of Israel on the loss of a leader who dedicated his life to the State of Israel. We reaffirm our unshakable commitment to Israel’s security and our appreciation for the enduring friendship between our two countries and our two peoples. We continue to strive for lasting peace and security for the people of Israel, including through our commitment to the goal of two states living side-by-side in peace and security. As Israel says goodbye to Prime Minister Sharon, we join with the Israeli people in honoring his commitment to his country."

Four sentences. Two have nothing to do with Sharon. As for the other two, the most Obama can find to say about Sharon is that he was "a leader who dedicated his life to the State of Israel" and that Obama honors Sharon's "commitment to his country." Of course Obama's statement is more about Obama than about Sharon. One expects that from Obama. But Obama's obtrusive non-recognition of Sharon's significance to the history of Israel and the Middle East, of his leadership in war as well as peace, of the meaning of his life to the Jewish people—Obama's manifest unwillingness to show respect for this fighter for Zion—is striking.

To see how striking, compare Obama's statement with that of his own secretary of state:

Ariel Sharon's journey was Israel’s journey. The dream of Israel was the cause of his life, and he risked it all to live that dream.

I remember reading about Arik in the papers when I was a young lawyer in Boston and marveling at his commitment to cause and country. I will never forget meeting with this big bear of a man when he became Prime Minister as he sought to bend the course of history toward peace, even as it meant testing the patience of his own longtime supporters and the limits of his own, lifelong convictions in the process. He was prepared to make tough decisions because he knew that his responsibility to his people was both to ensure their security and to give every chance to the hope that they could live in peace.

During his years in politics, it is no secret that there were times the United States had differences with him. But whether you agreed or disagreed with his positions – and Arik was always crystal clear about where he stood – you admired the man who was determined to ensure the security and survival of the Jewish State. In his final years as Prime Minister, he surprised many in his pursuit of peace, and today, we all recognize, as he did, that Israel must be strong to make peace, and that peace will also make Israel stronger. We honor Arik’s legacy and those of Israel’s founding generation by working to achieve that goal.

Arik is finally at rest, and all of us in the United States pray along with his sons, Gilad and Omri, the Sharon family, and all the people of Israel. Our nation shares your loss and honors Ariel Sharon's memory.

Secretary Kerry at least tries to recognize the grandeur of Sharon's life and to acknowledge the scope of his legacy. It is a fitting and proper statement for an American secretary of state. President Obama's statement is, on the other hand, is ungracious and inappropriate that one has to wonder, why? I suppose the answer is pretty obvious: Barack Obama has no warmth for Israel, no appreciation for Zionism, and no respect for those who have fought for the Jewish people.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: What's Wrong With Obama? William Kristol
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:39 pm »
What's wrong with him is that he HATES Israel with a passion!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 03:25:22 pm »
What's wrong with him is that he HATES Israel with a passion!

Nay my friend. It is pettier than that.

A real man died. Obama has to look at him and realize that, in comparative terms, he's the teeny dog nipping around Sharon's ankles. Think the Worm likes that idea?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 03:46:19 pm »
I think you are both correct. :seeya:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 03:52:38 pm »
Nay my friend. It is pettier than that.

A real man died. Obama has to look at him and realize that, in comparative terms, he's the teeny dog nipping around Sharon's ankles. Think the Worm likes that idea?

Plus the real man that died is neither a communist nor a marxist for Obama to adorn in their ideals and take selfies.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 04:04:46 pm »
Plus the real man that died is neither a communist nor a marxist for Obama to adorn in their ideals and take selfies.

He was when he was younger. Strong supporter of the Kibbutz system - collective farms. I rate it as another reason to consider hm a real man. He saw he was wrong and admitted it. How often does that happen?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 10:31:39 pm »
He was when he was younger. Strong supporter of the Kibbutz system - collective farms. I rate it as another reason to consider hm a real man. He saw he was wrong and admitted it. How often does that happen?

With Obama, every day. :thud:

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 10:39:41 pm »
I don't know what is more interesting for a lack of a word? Obama doing this OR Kristol asking why Obama did it? If Kristol is surprised by this now, after 5 years of obi, he will never understand the true obaama :smokin:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:42:40 pm by flowers »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 11:21:35 pm »
I have more time on Shore Patrol in the Holy Lands than most of the Obama Regime put together.

That is all.

:smokin:

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 09:54:51 pm »
I have more time on Shore Patrol in the Holy Lands than most of the Obama Regime put together.

That is all.

:smokin:

Obama would have no idea what Shore Patrol is.  He would think its a lookout for guys who are "chooming" along the beach.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 06:22:30 am »
What isn't wrong with Obama?