Author Topic: McAuliffe Offers Olive Branch to GOP in Inauguration Speech  (Read 3325 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: McAuliffe Offers Olive Branch to GOP in Inauguration Speech
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 08:06:37 pm »

You continue to push the same stale Akins anti tea party conservative meme on thread after thread as if he represents any of us here or the tea party in general and its gotten really old.

It is not "stale" and "old" when it pertains to the GOP winning, or not winning seats.

It pertains to candidates which are too extreme, for the districts/states they are running for.

And it is not Akins, alone. It is Akins, Angle, Buck, Cuccinelli, Hayworth, O'Donnell, etc.

The issue is very relevant to the coming primaries. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 08:07:14 pm »
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.  Cuccinelli lost by a mere 2.5 percentage points because the GOP establishment refused to support him.  The RNC gave Cuccinelli a paltry $85,098, but gave McDonnell $2,253,500.  The Republican Party of Virginia gave McDonnell $2,704,348, but gave Cuccinelli only approximately $850,000.  Cuccinelli's worst enemies were often Republicans.  There was no shortage of prominent RINOs  crossing the aisle to endorse leftist McAuliffe, including Boyd Marcus, former chief of staff for Eric Cantor, Dwight Schar, former RNC finance chairman, Judy Ford Wason, a GOP strategist who worked for MCDonnell; former state senate president pro tempore John Chichester; state senator Russ Potts; and former House of Delegates members Vince Callahan, Katherine Waddell, and Jim Dillard.  Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling, sore loser that he was, petulantly refused to endorse Cuccinelli and worked hard against him.

This is only a case of the left wing of the GOP backstabbing a true Conservative. Next time please do your homework before regurgitating such bile.

Plus former governor McDonnell embroiled his administration in the middle of a big scandal and this didn't allow Ken C. to use the normal state GOP aparatus for his election former governors - like McDonnell - were able to use.    The most interesting statistic which came out of the post-mortem of the race was it wasn't Obamacare which carried the big increase in last minute support for Ken C. It was actually his team getting the word out about how radical McAuliff is on abortion. Even this statistic surprised me, but it showed that the GOP has been wrong in avoiding the subject in their races and, instead, trying to out Democrat the Democrats in recent races.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 04:07:56 am »

:pop41:

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 04:09:52 am »
The dems used dirty tricks with this as well. They financed a third party guy and the guy lied and said he was a libertarian. Why doesn't someone with money to throw around- finance someone to challenge Hillary? Fight fire with fire.

Democrats win because they set out to win elections and we set out to make a point.

First, you win the election.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 04:12:10 am »
It was a coincidence that the thread I was on....immediately preceding this one...was where Luis was attempting to explain that triangle.   

So that explains my tack....and tact here, I hope.

You were right in the middle of it over there.

And for the record, what started THAT confrontation was Lipstick going after Luis again.   For no logical reason except to throw a shot. 

....and you joined in as you're apt to do.   :laugh:

I failed to explain the triangle?

:dammit:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 05:05:11 am »
I failed to explain the triangle?

:dammit:

Yeah...read it twice and STILL didn't know what the hell you were talking about!      :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 05:51:09 am »
Yeah...read it twice and STILL didn't know what the hell you were talking about!      :beer:

The "base" of the Party can't be the narrower end of the ideological scope. It would be like balancing a triangle on its pointy end.

The bulk of the votes lie closer to the center of the ideological map (as it were), so the more that you work to satisfy the base, the more precarious your political position becomes.

It makes perfect sense in my mind.

Then again, so did jumping out of a moving VW Beetle once.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 07:52:18 am »
This is only a case of the left wing of the GOP backstabbing a true Conservative. Next time please do your homework before regurgitating such bile.

Yes this was the first ever case of a GOP candidate not getting everything they wanted from the RNC.  First time ever. 

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 01:34:35 pm »
Yes this was the first ever case of a GOP candidate not getting everything they wanted from the RNC.  First time ever.

Cuccinelli received 3.8% of the amount that the RNC gave McDonnell.  That's right, 3.8%.  Can you honestly state that this is a case of a GOP candidate not getting everything he wanted from RNC?

The reality is that Cuccinelli had the door slammed in his face---in a very winnable election over one of the most despicable democrats.     Thanks RNC!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 02:39:15 pm »
While I don't know everyones political label here. Is there ANY way, please, we could all kindly agree to do away with the socon, fiscon, neocon whateverelsecon, labels?

I think that a lot of us could come together on this. The progressive dems are all together and they want to divide and conquer again. They play dirty.

Go look at Ted Cruz's abortion views. http://www.ontheissues.org/social/Ted_Cruz_Abortion.htm   He is basically for us not paying for others abortions via taxpayer money, he is for the ban of partial birth abortion and for not forcing Churches to provide abortions.

I think he has said it is a states right. And federally I think his ideals are pretty libertarian. I think when asked at debates in the near future, he and Rand Paul will not allow the media to do a 'gotcha' on social issues. They will state the basics as above and say it is a states right. If the Candy Crowley types ask about Roe V. Wade at the debates I am sure Ted Cruz or Dr. Rand Paul will handle the question brilliantly. Have you seen Cruz's bio he is brilliant, like Dr. Rand Paul    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz#Education

Can't we all come together and  not allow the GOP to dictate and agree to disagree to get the slimes out of the WH?  Boehner barely made it during the last vote for him to remain as Speaker. Let's hope he is voted out and that will end a lot of the division. To a progressive dem, people are far right if they are against PBA. So who gives a rats ass what they think?  I am a registered Independent that will be voting to get the progressive communists out. Primaries will bring arguing but can we all agree the fight is with the opposition Obama/Clintons and not each other?

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:13:27 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 04:46:22 pm »
So, what's your point exactly?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 06:28:51 pm »
No real point.

I just love that clip and the labeling thing reminded me of it.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 11:21:00 pm »
Cuccinelli received 3.8% of the amount that the RNC gave McDonnell.  That's right, 3.8%.  Can you honestly state that this is a case of a GOP candidate not getting everything he wanted from RNC?

The reality is that Cuccinelli had the door slammed in his face---in a very winnable election over one of the most despicable democrats.     Thanks RNC!

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/363241/does-rnc-deserve-blame-cuccinellis-loss-jim-geraghty

Jim Geraghty at Nat Review says your numbers are wrong.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 01:04:50 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/363241/does-rnc-deserve-blame-cuccinellis-loss-jim-geraghty

I read the article and could not find any instance where the author stated how much the RNC specifically spent for Cuccinelli.  In any event my numbers come from an article in the American Thinker, dated November 9, 2013 and using Virginia Public Access Project as it source of authority.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 02:44:03 pm »

He also says that the race was far from "very winnable".

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2014, 03:12:10 pm »
He also says that the race was far from "very winnable".

a 2.5% difference between the two main candidates says otherwise in my opinion.  It probably would have also helped if Christie would have come down and campaigned, but he didn't want to be associated with a true Conservative.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 04:44:17 pm »
a 2.5% difference between the two main candidates says otherwise in my opinion.  It probably would have also helped if Christie would have come down and campaigned, but he didn't want to be associated with a true Conservative.

From your own link:

If the polling had shown a closer race, the RNC undoubtedly would have committed more money. But only two out of 25 polls conducted in Virginia since mid-September showed McAuliffe leading by less than 5 points. Most had the Democrat leading by 7 to 9 points.

The GOP can only make campaign spending decisions based on the polls leading up to the election, not on the post-election results, which is where you're getting your 2.5% from.

If the election was winnable, and McAuliffe was so detestable, why did the voters not vote the other way.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 05:00:05 pm »
From your own link:

The GOP can only make campaign spending decisions based on the polls leading up to the election, not on the post-election results, which is where you're getting your 2.5% from.

If the election was winnable, and McAuliffe was so detestable, why did the voters not vote the other way.

Hogwash.  It was clear the last two weeks this was indeed  awinnable race as Ken C. surged in the race... from what had appeared hopeless to absolutely winnable.  The GOPe did not want him to win.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:00:43 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776