Author Topic: '24' Returns to Television in May with 12-Episode Run on Fox  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

'24' Returns to Television in May with 12-Episode Run on Fox
« on: January 14, 2014, 06:14:18 am »
My memory tells me this show was quite popular with several on here.

Jack Bauer is back, and he's on the run in London.

Kiefer Sutherland returns as the intrepid counter-terrorist in a 12-episode run of "24: Live Another Day," debuting with a two-hour show May 5 on Fox. It will take up its regular one-hour slot starting May 12.

"I'm about as anxious and wound up as I've been in a long time," Sutherland said Monday at the Television Critics Association winter meeting.

He returns to a character he played for eight seasons, from 2001 to 2010.

"There's a great impetus for all of us to create something new with the show," Sutherland said.

The show will be set and shot in London and retain the real-time format with split screens and interwoven story lines. It picks up four years after the events of "24's" final season with Bauer now a fugitive being hunted by the CIA.

Also back from the original series are Mary Lynn Rajskub, Kim Raver and William Devane. Several newcomers have joined the cast, including Oscar nominee Judy Davis and Yvonne Strahovski of "The Wire."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/01/13/24-returns-in-May-with-12-episode-run-on-Fox
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline evadR

Re: '24' Returns to Television in May with 12-Episode Run on Fox
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 07:00:34 am »
yes yes yes !!!
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 07:22:22 am »
My memory tells me this show was quite popular with several on here

yes yes yes !!!

I have a hunch EvadR² may be one of those severals.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 08:11:56 am »
My memory tells me this show was quite popular with several on here

I have a hunch EvadR² may be one of those severals.

We had a "live" thread.   24 and American Idol.   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 01:47:19 pm »
I am definitely one of those "severals"
This was my all time favorite. Looking forward to its return.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 06:55:28 pm »
Love 24.

Only got one very tiny request for the actors and directors.

Would it really kill you to cut back to Jack leaving a toilet? I mean - 24 hours without even a pee? No chance.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 07:32:03 pm »
We had a live thread on Fr and had a lot of fun....we could do it here if anyone is interested in starting one up when 24 begins?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 09:32:51 pm »
George and I always watched it. I didn't watch the final year - wasn't the same for me...  I will watch this if someone reminds me it is on.. I seldom watch FOX.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 01:42:06 am »
http://www.eonline.com/news/499313/24-returns-to-fox-kiefer-sutherland-mary-lynn-rajskub-preview-live-another-day-chloe-and-jack-butting-heads

NEWS/ 24 Returns to Fox: Kiefer Sutherland, Mary Lynn Rajskub Preview Live Another Day, Chloe and Jack Butting Heads
by CHRIS HARNICK Today 12:22 PM PST

Jack Bauer is back to beat the clock in 24: Live Another Day on Fox.

Four years after the Kiefer Sutherland series ended its run on Fox, the Emmy winner will pick up his gun again and slip back into the role of Jack Bauer for a 12-episode miniseries.

"The foundation for any of this is going to be the writing, I have such huge respect for Howard [Gordon, executive producer]," Sutherland said. "If he says I don't think I should do it anymore, then we end it. If he says we should, then I'm going to say ‘OK, let's go,' so I'm very excited."

The show picks up four years after viewers last saw Jack Bauer. He's fled the US and been in hiding. Live Another Day is set in and will shoot in London. The current TV president will make his way to London for a summit with the prime minister and Jack Bauer intercepts some intelligence "that lets him know something very bad is going to happen there that I can't tell you about," Sutherland told E! News. Jack Bauer resurfaces "and everything kind of collides."

What's Jack Bauer going to be like when 24: Live Another Day hits TV screens? "He's going to be harder, he's angrier," Sutherland said.
Joining Sutherland is Mary Lynn Rajskub. She'll reprise the role of Chloe from the original 24 series. Rajskub said she was "shocked" to learn 24 was coming back. "It took me a day or two, or a week, to warm up to the idea," she told E! News. "And then I kind of loved it. It sort of makes sense. I like that it's going to be the 12 [episodes]...It makes a weird kind of sense."

So far Rajskub has only read the first two episode scripts, but promised it has "elements of old 24 and new, all in one."

"I think it's got a lot things that's going to satisfy the fans," she said. "When you find Chloe, she's just somewhere we've never seen her before. She's in a bad, bad spot…I've gone anti-government and when Jack and I are finally reunited, we're not seeing eye-to-eye and he's being hunted by a CIA agent."

That agent? Chuck's Yvonne Strahovski. The cast for 24: Live Another Day also includes William Devane, Giles Matthey, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Michael Wincott and Judy Davis.

videos at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 02:16:18 am »
Love 24.

Only got one very tiny request for the actors and directors.

Would it really kill you to cut back to Jack leaving a toilet? I mean - 24 hours without even a pee? No chance.

Bathroom breaks, eating, etc. occurs during the time which is missed during the commercial breaks.  This is how they explain it rarely being shown on screen.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 02:17:12 am »

Mary Lynn is looking very nice.

That said, I won't watch it.  I loved "24" but lost interest after Season 5.  It just went downhill IMO.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 03:17:48 am »
Are they bringing back that skanky, hairy, tennis shod little commie Jeaneane Garafalo??  If so, I still won't be watching boys....

:smokin:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:18:06 am by Chieftain »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 03:25:05 am »
Are they bringing back that skanky, hairy, tennis shod little commie  f??  If so, I still won't be watching boys....

:smokin:

word....doesn't appear she is coming back.. she trashed the show as anti-Hillary propaganda (remember the guy behind it is a friend of Limbaugh)....

BTW she isn't the smartest bulb in the box...........
Garofalo married Robert Cohen, who was then a writer for The Ben Stiller Show, in Las Vegas in 1991. She later explained it was intended to be a joke, not thinking it was legal unless filed at a local courthouse. It was revealed later, when Cohen tried to actually marry someone else, that the marriage was indeed legal. The marriage was dissolved in 2012.[27
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 04:44:58 am »
Skank doesn't even come close to describe this dung infested grotesque.

She was absolutely awful and a total waste of carbon.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 09:02:33 am »
Bathroom breaks, eating, etc. occurs during the time which is missed during the commercial breaks.  This is how they explain it rarely being shown on screen.

:laugh:

Oh, I know. I am just one for realism. Can imagine Kiefer Sutherland gritting his teeth and muttering to himself "Only three more minutes to commercial. Hold it in!"

Which reminds me - How do storm troopers take a leak? Or Spiderman, for that matter?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 08:57:25 pm »
:laugh:

Oh, I know. I am just one for realism. Can imagine Kiefer Sutherland gritting his teeth and muttering to himself "Only three more minutes to commercial. Hold it in!"

Which reminds me - How do storm troopers take a leak? Or Spiderman, for that matter?

I think there is certain things we don't need to see or hear... movies were much more sensual before they showed actually grinding sex scenes.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 09:12:12 pm »
I think there is certain things we don't need to see or hear... movies were much more sensual before they showed actually grinding sex scenes.

I'll in no way disagree with that. Sensuality is not sex - something directors seem to have forgotten about the time the Sandpiper came out.
Don't exactly want to watch Jack Bauer making a porcelain deposit, that'd be revolting! But - see him coming out of a gents? Talking on speaker phone while washing his hands, a cubical visible in the mirror? Even a character saying "Excuse me" and slipping though a marked door?

One of the things I did love about 24 was it's devotion to realism (and the truly amazing acting) within the context of the plot line. So the complete lack of toilets bothered me, possibly more than it should.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 09:21:48 pm »

One of the things I did love about 24 was it's devotion to realism (and the truly amazing acting) within the context of the plot line. So the complete lack of toilets bothered me, possibly more than it should.

Something more unrealistic than no restroom breaks?

Cell phones that never lose battery power, and are able to function deep inside caves...mountains...and sub-level parking ramps, elevators, etc..
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 09:33:38 pm »
Something more unrealistic than no restroom breaks?

Cell phones that never lose battery power, and are able to function deep inside caves...mountains...and sub-level parking ramps, elevators, etc..

Funny you should say that - it was deliberately done to avoid the "missed call" trope that was big in the early 2000's. It got to be a lazy way for script writers to jack up the tension - even Seinfeld did it, though at least they tried to explain why a 30 second plot point lasted 30 minutes.

I can accept a phone staying charged. My (admittedly old) cell phone holds a usable charge for 5 or 6 days of sporadic use, and one series is 1 day in the 24 universe. The underground cell phone bit is a touch harder to swallow - then I go on the Northern line (deepest tube line in London) and get a 5 bar signal. There are no boosters or wave guides, the tunnel itself is a wave guide for the signal. So - it's not likely, nor probable, but it is at least possible.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 09:52:31 pm »
Funny you should say that - it was deliberately done to avoid the "missed call" trope that was big in the early 2000's. It got to be a lazy way for script writers to jack up the tension - even Seinfeld did it, though at least they tried to explain why a 30 second plot point lasted 30 minutes.

I can accept a phone staying charged. My (admittedly old) cell phone holds a usable charge for 5 or 6 days of sporadic use, and one series is 1 day in the 24 universe. The underground cell phone bit is a touch harder to swallow - then I go on the Northern line (deepest tube line in London) and get a 5 bar signal. There are no boosters or wave guides, the tunnel itself is a wave guide for the signal. So - it's not likely, nor probable, but it is at least possible.

LOL!   I also noticed that when I drove thru the Allegheny Mountain tunnel on the Pennsylvania Turnpike over Christmas that my GPS signal did not waver or pull up a screen saying "searching for satellite".

They must have the same technology now....it actually tracked me on the screen. 

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 10:42:21 pm »
Glad to hear about it, hoping that it will be good!!