Author Topic: MSNBC: Coverage of Hillary Clinton’s “Hit List” Is Sexist  (Read 497 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
MSNBC: Coverage of Hillary Clinton’s “Hit List” Is Sexist
« on: January 13, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »
An MSNBC panel convened on Monday to discuss the hours-old revelations surrounding former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s maintaining a graded list of Democrats she believed did not support her 2008 presidential bid to her satisfaction. Most of the panel agreed that this is not a damaging revelation because it would not be unique to Clinton’s campaign, but one guest said that the “gendered” elements of the coverage of this scandal disturbed her and indicates that “we just don’t know how to deal with gender.”

“This doesn’t surprise me in the least,” said Democratic strategist and columnist Zerlina Maxwell of Clinton’s “hit list.” “This is very much a routine political exercise that any campaign, you know, that has due diligence would do.”

RELATED: Dem Rep. Van Hollen on Learning He’s on Hillary’s ‘Hit List’: ‘It’s a Total Mystery’

“I think one thing that really surprised me in the article was this idea of punishment,” MSNBC producer Dafna Linzer revealed. “I can’t see any possibility or even any avenue in which Hillary Clinton would mete out punishment.”

“I just don’t see it,” she continued. “For me, it says nothing about Hillary whatsoever.”

University of Texas professor and MSNBC contributor Victoria DeFrancesco Soto saw something more sinister in the nascent coverage of the burgeoning controversy surrounding Clinton: sexism.

“Those of us who study politics, we’re not surprised that candidates have lists of those who are in favor and not in favor with them, but there’s a gender element here,” DeFrancesco Soto added. “If a guy has a list of people he’s not too keen on, no big deal, but if a woman does, then that is a big deal and it becomes juicy.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-contributor-sees-sexism-in-media-coverage-of-hillary-clintons-hit-list/

Yeah thats it... It is reported Hillary has a hit list and  MSNBC says-Hillary cannot possibly be a ruthless bully. So it is only being said because Hillary is female.  9999what
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?