Author Topic: Obama Plans to 'Mobilize' Americans Around a 'National Mission'  (Read 514 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Plans to 'Mobilize' Americans Around a 'National Mission'
« on: January 13, 2014, 02:07:47 pm »
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/obama-plans-mobilize-americans-around-national-mission

Obama Plans to 'Mobilize' Americans Around a 'National Mission'
January 13, 2014 - 6:29 AM
By Susan Jones

(CNSNews.com) - President Obama says he will use his upcoming State of the Union Address to "mobilize the country around the national mission of making sure our economy offers everyone who works hard a fair shot at opportunity and success."

In his weekly radio address on Saturday, he outlined some of the steps he'll take to make 2014 "a year of action."

"Working folks are looking for the kind of stable, secure jobs that went overseas in the past couple decades. So next week, I'll join companies and colleges and take action to boost the high-tech manufacturing that attracts the kind of good new jobs a growing middle class requires," Obama said.

"Business owners are ready to play their part and hire more workers. So next week, I'll be joined by college presidents as we lay out specific steps we can take to help more workers earn the skills they need for today's new jobs. Later this month I'll host CEOs at the White House to announce commitments we're making to put more of the long-term unemployed back to work.

"And at the end of the month, in my State of the Union Address, I will mobilize the country around the national mission of making sure our economy offers everyone who works hard a fair shot at opportunity and success. As Americans, that's what we should expect. And after everything you've done to recover and rebuild from crisis these past five years -- after all your hard work and sacrifice -- that's what you deserve."

Although the "economy is stronger," and deficits are lower, Obama said, "we've got more work to do together."

"I'll keep doing everything I can to create new jobs and new opportunities for American families -- with Congress, on my own, and with everyone willing to play their part."

He said the first order of business should be an expansion of unemployment benefits for the long-term unemployed, and he also mentioned "wages and benefits," education, health insurance and immigration reform.

"Our success as a country depends on more than the success of our broader economy -- it depends on the success of the American people. It depends on your ability to make ends meet, provide for your families, and, with a little hard work, feel like you can get ahead."

President Obama's State of the Union address is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 28.

In his 2013 SOTU, President Obama also talked about making it possible for middle-class Americans to "get ahead."

"It is our unfinished task to restore the basic bargain that built this country -- the idea that if you work hard and meet your responsibilities, you can get ahead, no matter where you come from, no matter what you look like, or who you love."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obama Plans to 'Mobilize' Americans Around a 'National Mission'
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 02:12:24 pm »
making sure our economy offers everyone who works hard a fair shot at opportunity and success
But if you don't want to work hard - or work at all, for that matter - that's okay, too. We'll hand you so much in welfare that it will be like having a $20 per hour job that doesn't even require you to get out of bed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Obama Plans to 'Mobilize' Americans Around a 'National Mission'
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 03:06:14 pm »
So now he is going to lecture again... on everyone getting their fair share and wealth redistribution?

No one will watch and I hope Joe Wilson yells he is a liar again.

It's his SICK MARXIST WAY OR NOTHING. Only dimwitted numbskulled progressives and Valerie Jarret will think anyone thinks he has anything important to say.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?